There is more to life than increasing its speed. -- Mahatma Gandhi

interests / soc.culture.china / Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It

SubjectAuthor
* Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group consideringRusty Wyse
+- Re: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the papparoti
`- Re: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group consideringwog wacker

1
Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It

<1fc44760-e3c1-4f45-9cb4-d4922d9c6116n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6628&group=soc.culture.china#6628

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:08:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 6 Nov 2021 00:08 UTC

Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It never should have as America has part in Hong Kong!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-half-of-journalists-in-hong-kong-media-group-considering-leaving-the-city-over-curbed-press-freedoms-survey/ar-AAQn3V8?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It

<smahr2$dp3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6683&group=soc.culture.china#6683

From: papar...@gmail.com (papparoti)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 14:58:39 +0800
 by: papparoti - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 06:58 UTC

Journalists are trying to build up a scenario that they are bullied and
harassed from their media work in Hong Kong.

They will continue with their group propaganda ideas to build more voices
into a " typhoon's storm clouds" to turn into "wolf cries", instead.

This is so that the media in the world would gather at the US-EU - supported
international media forum to decry at China, instead.

They will bring to the UN to denounce China for their "whatever wicked
policies" that the Western media could think of fabricating at China.

But these same international Western media had never complained of similar
whatever restriction situations in other countries.

This can have even tougher media rules than China.

A good example is Singapore, where the authorities there have the right to
order the person posted in the media to be removed.

Such public media like face book, you-tube, or other internet or paper media
has to remove within 6 hours upon being notified.

And it has to include an apology for it, too. Or, else an action will taken
to prosecute the person in court for jail and fine.

The website will be ordered to close the account. If not closed, the website
will be charged, fined.

And or licence can be suspended or the licence to operate to the country can
be completely revoked.

Also, a audited financial record must be available to be checked and audited
has to be submitted yearly.

This has to be done before the website is allowed to renew its licence and
to continue beam to the country.

If the record is not submitted and disclosed, the license is withdrawn and
the website has to be shutdown.

If it does not submit the financial statement within the stipulated time,
the license is cancelled and withdrawn and the ban from broadcasting will
end.

The statement should show where the source of fund is earned, whether
through donations or sales of advertisement space on the website.

Also, the website has to subject to them even it was based abroad elsewhere.
Heavy fines can be imposed on it.

Also, in the finale, the person who posted and owner of the website can be
sued as a media company for propagandas for their libel and defamation acts.

Even slander acts can be sued and can be leveraged upon for court's
compensation award , too. Henceforth, if China and US have similar laws,
then Singapore has the same laws, too.

Therefore, China Hong Kong media is not much of differences when one
compares in similar situation in Singapore.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the
city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of
the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American
flag in Hong Kong!! It never should have as America has part in Hong
Kong!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-half-of-journalists-in-hong-kong-media-group-considering-leaving-the-city-over-curbed-press-freedoms-survey/ar-AAQn3V8?ocid=msedgntp

Re: Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! I

<0e38261a-66d5-48b6-9035-26d1a74d958bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6702&group=soc.culture.china#6702

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 16:50:10 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 00:50 UTC

On Saturday, November 6, 2021 at 12:08:31 AM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> Almost half of journalists in Hong Kong media group considering leaving the city over curbed press freedoms: survey - Excellent!!! No more singing of the American National Anthem in Hong Kong!! No more waving of the American flag in Hong Kong!! It never should have as America has part in Hong Kong!!!
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-half-of-journalists-in-hong-kong-media-group-considering-leaving-the-city-over-curbed-press-freedoms-survey/ar-AAQn3V8?ocid=msedgntp

Good riddance!
Where can they go? Countries in the West? To these countries, those reporters are only useful if they stay put in HK to write shit about China. Even if they are allowed entry into the West, they would only have the "freedom" to write shit about China from there. If they dare criticise the West in anyway, they will be booted out.