Chemistry professors never die, they just fail to react.

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an e

SubjectAuthor
* US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -Rusty Wyse
+* Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon generalA. Filip
|+- Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon generalRusty Wyse
|`* Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon generalltlee1
| `- Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon generalRusty Wyse
`* Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagonreachi
 +- Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagonltlee1
 `- Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagonltlee1

1
US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era o

<bde8ae8b-4528-40e7-85d2-8d97f737bb17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6562&group=soc.culture.china#6562

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:00 UTC

US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic instability.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general

<anfi+1gygy8fwvf-lb33@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6566&group=soc.culture.china#6566

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 17:21:26 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:TSDjOmdLs3c6o3KfF9OTkpujnaw=
 by: A. Filip - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:21 UTC

Rusty Wyse <rst888wxyz@gmail.com> wrote:
> US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -
> China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short
> time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test,
> leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic
> instability.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp

Is US *willing* to take "risks and costs" of *credible* scare off?
Is the semi-formal declaration in US interests?
The general is (mostly) right but he avoids the key issue:
US could win war in Afghanistan *BUT*
US could not win war in Afghanistan at acceptable costs.

As I wrote: IMHO *SERIOUS* "assurances" require declaration of
willingness to use nukes in Taiwan defense (not against PRC
metropolises). I consider such declarations unlikely *anytime soon*.

I do despise shitty "assurances look alike".

--
A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
| I stick my neck out for nobody. (Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca")

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general

<105a9a46-7b69-4732-9458-3be366fb4edcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6568&group=soc.culture.china#6568

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 10:32:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 17:32 UTC

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 10:22:14 AM UTC-7, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -
> > China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short
> > time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test,
> > leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic
> > instability.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp
> Is US *willing* to take "risks and costs" of *credible* scare off?
> Is the semi-formal declaration in US interests?
> The general is (mostly) right but he avoids the key issue:
> US could win war in Afghanistan *BUT*
> US could not win war in Afghanistan at acceptable costs.
>
> As I wrote: IMHO *SERIOUS* "assurances" require declaration of
> willingness to use nukes in Taiwan defense (not against PRC
> metropolises). I consider such declarations unlikely *anytime soon*.

Once nuke(s) is/are used, all hell broke out. Everyone/every nation loses...
I still say the U.S. will be the biggest loser!!!! because of the super-volcanoes
within the Rocky Mountain areas...

I think the U.S. should keep that in mind... at ALL time...

> I do despise shitty "assurances look alike".
>
> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | I stick my neck out for nobody. (Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca")

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general

<be00179d-4be5-4d7a-a836-eb1480808175n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6733&group=soc.culture.china#6733

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 06:23:38 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 14:23 UTC

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 5:22:14 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -
> > China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short
> > time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test,
> > leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic
> > instability.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp
> Is US *willing* to take "risks and costs" of *credible* scare off?
> Is the semi-formal declaration in US interests?
> The general is (mostly) right but he avoids the key issue:
> US could win war in Afghanistan *BUT*
> US could not win war in Afghanistan at acceptable costs.
>
> As I wrote: IMHO *SERIOUS* "assurances" require declaration of
> willingness to use nukes in Taiwan defense (not against PRC
> metropolises). I consider such declarations unlikely *anytime soon*.
>
> I do despise shitty "assurances look alike".

This is mostly for American consumption. Whether the Pentagon has the
ability or not, China has no room not to preclude Taiwan independence.

Anyway, according to Milley, the PRC is unlikely to invade the ROC within
two years. It was a walking back from the media portray.

> --
> A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> | I stick my neck out for nobody. (Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca")

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general

<57d52e3d-d759-4e19-96d4-ec033ba969d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6740&group=soc.culture.china#6740

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 09:32:37 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 17:32 UTC

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 6:23:40 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 5:22:14 PM UTC, A. Filip wrote:
> > Rusty Wyse <rst88...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general -
> > > China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short
> > > time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test,
> > > leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic
> > > instability.
> > >
> > > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp
> > Is US *willing* to take "risks and costs" of *credible* scare off?
> > Is the semi-formal declaration in US interests?
> > The general is (mostly) right but he avoids the key issue:
> > US could win war in Afghanistan *BUT*
> > US could not win war in Afghanistan at acceptable costs.
> >
> > As I wrote: IMHO *SERIOUS* "assurances" require declaration of
> > willingness to use nukes in Taiwan defense (not against PRC
> > metropolises). I consider such declarations unlikely *anytime soon*.
> >
> > I do despise shitty "assurances look alike".
> This is mostly for American consumption. Whether the Pentagon has the
> ability or not, China has no room not to preclude Taiwan independence.
>
> Anyway, according to Milley, the PRC is unlikely to invade the ROC within
> two years. It was a walking back from the media portray.

PRC has no need to invade Taiwan. Taiwan is not going anywhere.
The U.S. and the rest of the world cannot help Taiwan.

> > --
> > A. Filip : Big Tech Brother is watching you.
> > | I stick my neck out for nobody. (Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca")

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era o

<smhgie$fnk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6757&group=soc.culture.china#6757

From: toi...@tr.com (reachi)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:20:02 +0800
 by: reachi - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 22:20 UTC

On 4/11/2021 1:00 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic instability.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp

This is US propaganda to boast its power again. It is for American to
consumption in its daily news.

Americans like to receive daily doze of brainwashing for them. American
politicians need to

Nothing can change China's determination in recovering Taiwan, which is
a province of China. Period.

Even have to fight to its bitter end in the intervention will not change
China from retreating its recovery of its renegade Taiwan.

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an e

<aa839787-42bd-4428-83ed-04a2bf160325n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6768&group=soc.culture.china#6768

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:27:02 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:27 UTC

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 10:20:02 PM UTC, reachi wrote:
> On 4/11/2021 1:00 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> > US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic instability.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp
> >
> This is US propaganda to boast its power again. It is for American to
> consumption in its daily news.
>
> Americans like to receive daily doze of brainwashing for them. American
> politicians need to
>
> Nothing can change China's determination in recovering Taiwan, which is
> a province of China. Period.
>
> Even have to fight to its bitter end in the intervention will not change
> China from retreating its recovery of its renegade Taiwan.

Re: US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an e

<1af7aaac-cad3-49df-9c79-a50ff40ca019n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6769&group=soc.culture.china#6769

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 06:34:45 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:34 UTC

On Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 10:20:02 PM UTC, reachi wrote:
> On 4/11/2021 1:00 am, Rusty Wyse wrote:
> > US 'absolutely' has ability to defend Taiwan: top Pentagon general - China's military had made stunning technological advances in a short time, signified by its recent globe-circling hypersonic missile test, leaving the world poised to enter an era of increased strategic instability.
> >
> > https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-absolutely-has-ability-to-defend-taiwan-top-pentagon-general/ar-AAQhhjY?ocid=msedgntp
> >
> This is US propaganda to boast its power again. It is for American to
> consumption in its daily news.
>
> Americans like to receive daily doze of brainwashing for them. American
> politicians need to
>
> Nothing can change China's determination in recovering Taiwan, which is
> a province of China. Period.
>
> Even have to fight to its bitter end in the intervention will not change
> China from retreating its recovery of its renegade Taiwan.

AFAIK, average Americans, currently, are not eager to fight China for Taiwan independence.
But partisan politics would force American elites to speak out forcefully against China and
provocatively over the defensing Taiwan.

Of course, the profit minded America media love war talk of any kind, the hotter the better.