Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 06:15:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Is there a remedy against blundering?
From: nastyhor...@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 13:15 UTC

On Monday, November 23, 2020 at 2:39:28 PM UTC+2, Eli Kesef wrote:

> But those are the best games, where you back is against the wall, you are positionally or materially in problems, you fight on, and then you win the game anyway.
>
> Never say die!

Bs"d

Got another one: https://lichess.org/JAcPMsspkba8 On move 18 the enemy took a piece from me, and checked me.
No problem, all was foreseen, and I could take his piece, and continue my attack.
The only problem was that the check scared me so much, that I thought I made a horrible mistake, that I was now obligated to move my king, and would loose a piece.
So I moved my king an lost a piece.
While all the while I could just take the chess giving bishop.

Struck with total chess blindness.

Or more accurate, I didn't even bother to look, I knew I made a mistake, I had to move my king, no need to look at he position.

I have to work on that.

But I didn't let me being a piece down bring me down. I fought on. After all, I was playing somebody who was 188 points lower than me, so I soldiered on.

On move 20 I managed to exchange a castle for 2 bishops, having one measly point profit. But beggars can't be choosers.

And a handful of moves later the enemy worked himself into quite a mess, where he had to choose between loosing his queen or loosing his king.
He choose for the latter, and I managed to win the game.

HalleluJah!!

https://tinyurl.com/res-no-win