From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Question: what did CC say about organised religion & afterlife?
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 11:37:38 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Mon, 31 May 2021 03:37 UTC

I'm interested in how well he integrated the belief systems of around
5 billion people into his works - or if he even attempted to do so.

Citations please - I have all his written works but haven't read most
of them.

Re: Question: what did CC say about organised religion & afterlife?

<op.038194017eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=690&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#690

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 10:07:06 +0100
 by: slider - Mon, 31 May 2021 09:07 UTC

On Mon, 31 May 2021 04:37:38 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> I'm interested in how well he integrated the belief systems of around
> 5 billion people into his works - or if he even attempted to do so.
>
> Citations please - I have all his written works but haven't read most
> of them.

### - he gives/makes many references, but generally speaking; he has
consigned 'all' religion/belief-systems to being mere concatenations of
the rational mind attempting to rationalise what can never actually be
rationalised...

he predicates this on what he refers to as being an 'energetic' feature of
our luminous (i.e., energetic) whole called: 'the assemblage point'

this 'assemblage-point' (or: AP), and exactly where it's placed in our
luminous whole, being directly responsible in terms of what one
perceives...

that the whole human race has this 'AP' fixated at one singular position
alone, a position arrived at via training in the course of our rearing
until it eventually becomes routinely/unconsciously locked into the same
position in unison with everyone else's, reason and rationality being but
a by-product of the very position it becomes locked into...

thus all his teachings are about learning to first recognise the existence
of it and then to 'move' this AP to alternate positions in a series of
such moves until it reaches some kind of 'optimum' position, which he
called: 'the position of total freedom'

this is a difficult teaching to grasp intellectually, but he covers this
quite well in 2 of his books: 'The fire from within' & 'The power of
silence' (in that order) and which i recommend reading...

CC's (i.e., Carlos Castanedas') accounts are of a 13 year apprenticeship,
each of his books being written exclusively about this same 13 year
period, each book then being a rewriting of it from a slightly different
(i.e., progressive) position of his own AP and the resulting changes in
perception/perspective & understanding he undergoes/experiences via this
journey of his own AP over time as it reaches this 'optimum' position...