Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

interests / soc.culture.china / China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

SubjectAuthor
* China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflicRusty Wyse
`* Re: China’s rise and America’s dpapparoti
 `* Re: China’s rise and America’s decline spell conltlee1
  `- Re: China’s rise and America’s decline spell conRusty Wyse

1
China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

<c2999a9f-6a18-4cda-a31c-ebe3d3400ab9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6978&group=soc.culture.china#6978

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 19:28:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: China’s_rise_and_America’s_decline_spell_conflic
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 03:28 UTC

China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-rise-and-america-s-decline-spell-conflict/ar-AAQRsPU?ocid=msedgntp

Re: China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

<sn8knn$q3j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6984&group=soc.culture.china#6984

From: papar...@gmail.com (papparoti)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re:_China’s_rise_and_America’s_d
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:52:12 +0800
 by: papparoti - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 16:52 UTC

US already lost its fights in the 3rd rated countries like Afghanistan and
Vietnam and now they think they can outfox China.

If US is to engage in a fight with China, US might suffer and might lose
America, too. US should think again before listening to their Pentagon
warlords.

Experience does not count when war is concerned. It's determination and
resourceful.ness, Just look at how US was defeated by Afghanistan's Taliban

ragtag civilian army and the ragtag North Vietnamese army with Vietcong's
civilian guerrilla army.

US should remember not to fight a war if it does not belong to them.

"Rusty Wyse" wrote in message

China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After
the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war
against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-rise-and-america-s-decline-spell-conflict/ar-AAQRsPU?ocid=msedgntp

Re: China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

<15f6bb34-303f-4d5a-a3c1-786c49b5b6a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6996&group=soc.culture.china#6996

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 03:33:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_China’s_rise_and_America’s_decline_spell_con
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 11:33 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 4:52:11 PM UTC, papparoti wrote:
> US already lost its fights in the 3rd rated countries like Afghanistan and
> Vietnam and now they think they can outfox China.

Well. America COULD afford to lose Vietnam. Supposedly, it COULD also
afford to lose Afghanistan. US democratic resilience is never about leaders
not making mistakes. Rather, it is about the US remaking itself. Failure in
Vietnam serves to prove America right. However bad was the failure in Vietnam,
it continued to lead in the world economically, technologically, and militarily.
It also won the Cold War. The world, or the developed world, applauded and
sang the End of History song in unison.

The question is whether US resilience was a matter of its democratic
system or a matter of it was the largest economy with most educated
and productive labor force. Without China, the US could certainly shake
off its failure in Afghanistian. Compare to all other nations, it is still the
biggest economy with most educated and productive labor. And of course,
its military.

But the rise of China challenges this notion of democratic resilience. A
strong and prosperous China put the notion of US resilience in doubt. And
it is China's original sin. Like all hegemons, the US does want any kind of
successor, real or perceived. Whether China wants to be any kind of
hegemon is non-material.

> If US is to engage in a fight with China, US might suffer and might lose
> America, too. US should think again before listening to their Pentagon
> warlords.

America cannot possibly lose IF history is not cyclical but linear per Christian
world view. And so far, God, or luck has been on the side of the US.

> Experience does not count when war is concerned. It's determination and
> resourceful.ness, Just look at how US was defeated by Afghanistan's Taliban
>
> ragtag civilian army and the ragtag North Vietnamese army with Vietcong's
> civilian guerrilla army.
>
> US should remember not to fight a war if it does not belong to them.
>

> "Rusty Wyse" wrote in message
> China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After
> the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war
> against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-s-rise-and-america-s-decline-spell-conflict/ar-AAQRsPU?ocid=msedgntp

Re: China’s rise and America’s decline spell conflict - Again, I say... After the Vietnam War, after the Afghanistan War,... do we really need a war against China??? China has more people, better weapons,...

<3f5b96dc-4c6f-4ab4-a09f-37fab7934af7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7002&group=soc.culture.china#7002

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 14:59:28 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 22:59 UTC

On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 3:33:28 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 4:52:11 PM UTC, papparoti wrote:
> > US already lost its fights in the 3rd rated countries like Afghanistan and
> > Vietnam and now they think they can outfox China.
> Well. America COULD afford to lose Vietnam. Supposedly, it COULD also
> afford to lose Afghanistan. US democratic resilience is never about leaders
> not making mistakes. Rather, it is about the US remaking itself. Failure in
> Vietnam serves to prove America right. However bad was the failure in Vietnam,
> it continued to lead in the world economically, technologically, and militarily.
> It also won the Cold War. The world, or the developed world, applauded and
> sang the End of History song in unison.
>
> The question is whether US resilience was a matter of its democratic
> system or a matter of it was the largest economy with most educated
> and productive labor force. Without China, the US could certainly shake
> off its failure in Afghanistian. Compare to all other nations, it is still the
> biggest economy with most educated and productive labor. And of course,
> its military.
>
> But the rise of China challenges this notion of democratic resilience. A
> strong and prosperous China put the notion of US resilience in doubt. And
> it is China's original sin. Like all hegemons, the US does want any kind of
> successor, real or perceived. Whether China wants to be any kind of
> hegemon is non-material.
> >
> > If US is to engage in a fight with China, US might suffer and might lose
> > America, too. US should think again before listening to their Pentagon
> > warlords.
> America cannot possibly lose IF history is not cyclical but linear per Christian
> world view. And so far, God, or luck has been on the side of the US.

It certainly hasn't been good for the U.S. since the 1950s...