From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Conservatives Don't Understand The Economy
Date: 5 Aug 2021 11:50:50 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 11:50 UTC

The economy almost always does better under the leadership
of Democrats:

| About half of U.S. states withdrew federal funds for the
| unemployed months early to encourage out-of-work residents
| to find a job. But mounting evidence shows that policy
| gambit hasn't yet paid off.
|
| Twenty-six states announced their intent to end federal
| pandemic-era benefits starting in May. They officially
| pulled out in waves over June and July
|
| UKG, a payroll and time-management firm, found that shifts
| among hourly workers in those states grew at about half the
| rate as states that continued the benefit -- the opposite
| trend of what one might expect
<https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/04/early-end-to-federal-unemployment-pay-in-26-states-not-getting-people-to-work.html>

--bks

Re: Conservatives Don't Understand The Economy

<chine.bleu-F7059A.11440205082021@reader.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7039&group=alt.politics#7039

From: chine.b...@yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: Conservatives Don't Understand The Economy
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:44:10 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 18:44 UTC

In article <segjaq$ejj$1@panix3.panix.com>,
bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote:

> | UKG, a payroll and time-management firm, found that shifts
> | among hourly workers in those states grew at about half the
> | rate as states that continued the benefit -- the opposite
> | trend of what one might expect

Not unexpected to me. Wealth isn't money accumulated, but money
in motion. The faster it moves, the greater the wealth. Giving
the destitute money they will quickly spend increases the wealth
of the community.

Disaster relief isn't about charity. It's about keeping the money
moving in the devastated community. People buy from businesses
that can open and pay taxes. That allows more buying, more
businesses recoverring, and more taxes. People can afford to stay
put and rebuild which means property values and property taxes
don't crash. A year after relief infusion, you once again get a
prosperous town paying lots of taxes.

Conservatives believe only Those People get relief. Their hate
for Those People blinds them to the fact that the necks they are
cutting are their own. Like Those People use heroin, but Our
People are tricked into opiod addiction. Those People refuse to
get jobs, but Our People are afflicted by mine closings because
other states punitively refuse to buy.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: Conservatives Don't Understand The Economy

<qhcogg984qe7gt89dhekiniefs0jbeujpo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7040&group=alt.politics#7040

From: Iron_Wh...@Systemic_Patriotism.KMA (Blue Lives Matter)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 14:50:15 -0400
 by: Blue Lives Matter - Thu, 5 Aug 2021 18:50 UTC

On Thu, 05 Aug 2021 11:44:10 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>. Wealth isn't money accumulated, but money
>in motion. The faster it moves, the greater the wealth.

Nonsense.