From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Police fingerprint services.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:08:27 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:08 UTC

This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
for a fee, for passports etc.
I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,
and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?
https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees

Re: Police fingerprint services.

<op.1qp3vemqbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7042&group=aus.legal#7042

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Police fingerprint services.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 16:19:52 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 06:19 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
> for a fee, for passports etc.

> I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,

Presumably some foreign countrys do need a fingerprint for their
passports so if one of their nationals loses theirs in this country
and have to get a replacement, that's how its done. Bit of an ask
for the smaller countrys that only have a part time consul etc for
that person to have the capability of doing that.

> and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?

Unlikely.

> https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees

Now you can safely get that fake foreign passport.

Re: Police fingerprint services.

<td49nu$ipd$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7048&group=aus.legal#7048

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:17:50 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 01:17 UTC

On 11/08/2022 4:08 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
> for a fee, for passports etc.
> I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,
> and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?
> https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees

You apply for a passport at the post office, not at the police station.

Re: Police fingerprint services.

<op.1qrocmcfbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7049&group=aus.legal#7049

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 12:39:48 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 02:39 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Peter Jason wrote

>> This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
>> for a fee, for passports etc.

>> I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,
>> and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?

>> https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees

> You apply for a passport at the post office, not at the police station.

He didnt say you apply for the passport at the cop shop, JUST
get the fingerprint there and it is the case that some foreign
countrys do require a fingerprint and some foreign nationals
do manage to lose their passport in this country and not all
foreign countrys have an embassy in this country.

Re: Police fingerprint services.

<gahbfht9812gi6cpmeg8oc67nrca15hbco@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7050&group=aus.legal#7050

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:20:44 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 03:20 UTC

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:17:50 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>On 11/08/2022 4:08 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
>> for a fee, for passports etc.
>> I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,
>> and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?
>> https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees
>
>You apply for a passport at the post office, not at the police station.

Just before the plague hit, my passport expired, by two months.

Don't let this happen to you. For a new passport one has to jump thru
umpteen hoops, wait in endless queues, navigate bricks & mortar govt
departments that open & close at weird hours. A new birth certificate
is required etc, and the interviewing ''officer'' throws in trick
questions. I still don't remember all the BS I had to wade thru!
Of course there's a new mug-shot reqd. And there was no mention of
biometrics that might have shortened the torture time!!!!

I have survived to warn thee!

Re: Police fingerprint services.

<op.1qrr9zl9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7051&group=aus.legal#7051

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:04:37 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 12 Aug 2022 04:04 UTC

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 13:20:44 +1000, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 11:17:50 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 11/08/2022 4:08 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> This site seems to indicate the police will fingerprint all comers,
>>> for a fee, for passports etc.
>>> I have a passport but I needed no fingerprint. Why is this necessary,
>>> and do the cops keep a copy of all fingerprints?
>>> https://www.police.vic.gov.au/national-police-records-checks#fees
>>
>> You apply for a passport at the post office, not at the police station.
>
> Just before the plague hit, my passport expired, by two months.
>
> Don't let this happen to you. For a new passport one has to jump thru
> umpteen hoops, wait in endless queues, navigate bricks & mortar govt
> departments that open & close at weird hours. A new birth certificate
> is required etc, and the interviewing ''officer'' throws in trick
> questions. I still don't remember all the BS I had to wade thru!
> Of course there's a new mug-shot reqd. And there was no mention of
> biometrics that might have shortened the torture time!!!!

> I have survived

That's very arguable. The brain damage is very obvious.

> to warn thee!

aus+uk / aus.legal / Police fingerprint services.