If people see that you mean them no harm, they'll never hurt you, nine times out of ten!

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: at auction

SubjectAuthor
* at auctionhubops
+* Re: at auctionSonny
|`- Re: at auctionScott Lurndal
+* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
|`* Re: at auctionScott Lurndal
| `* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
|  `* Re: at auctionScott Lurndal
|   `* Re: at auctionClare Snyder
|    `* Re: at auctionLeon
|     +- Re: at auctionkrw
|     `* Re: at auctionClare Snyder
|      +- Re: at auctionkrw
|      `* Re: at auctionLeon
|       +- Re: at auctionkrw
|       `* Re: at auctionClare Snyder
|        +* Re: at auctionkrw
|        |`* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
|        | `- Re: at auctionkrw
|        `- Re: at auctionLeon
+* Re: at auctionkrw
|`* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
| +* Re: at auctionhubops
| |`- Re: at auctionkrw
| +- Re: at auctionClare Snyder
| +* Re: at auctionkrw
| |`- Re: at auctionkrw
| `* Re: at auctionLeon
|  `* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
|   `* Re: at auctionLeon
|    `- Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
+- Re: at auctionkrw
+* Re: at auctionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
|+* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
||+- Re: at auctionkrw
||`* Re: at auctionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
|| `* Re: at auctionDerbyDad03
||  `- Re: at auctionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
|`* Re: at auctionScott Lurndal
| `- Re: at auctionrussellseaton1@yahoo.com
+* Re: at auctionClare Snyder
|+- Re: at auctionSonny
|`* Re: at auctionhubops
| +- Re: at auctionSonny
| `* Re: at auctionClare Snyder
|  `- Re: at auctionkrw
`- Re: at auctionBill

Pages:12
Re: at auction

<Z%YuK.134290$eQ5.57119@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7085&group=rec.woodworking#7085

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Subject: Re: at auction
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:06:49 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:06 UTC

"russellseaton1@yahoo.com" <ritzannaseaton@gmail.com> writes:
>On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 6:36:08 AM UTC-5, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> just for curiosity / comments :=20
>>=20
>> https://rockfordauctioncentre.hibid.com/lot/124577534/woodworking-station=
>/?cpage=3D8&ipp=3D100&q=3D&ref=3Dcatalog=20
>>=20
>> John T.
>
>My OPINION. OPINION. OPINION.
>
>It looks old and rough and well used over the years. I have zero experienc=
>e with used prices for tools so cannot make any comments about what it woul=
>d sell for. I have a 1992 or 93 Delta Contractor saw. Similar or the same=
> as the saw shown in the pictures. Except this one looks a lot older.

The nameplate on the saw shows that it was from the 1990s, same as yours.

Re: at auction

<1a28c766-bfcf-497a-b56b-02e9c414fbacn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7086&group=rec.woodworking#7086

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 07:19:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: cedarso...@aol.com (Sonny)
 by: Sonny - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:19 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 8:07:22 AM UTC-5, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:

> The pandemic forced many auctioneers to go online -
> - in general I think they get better prices for stuff
> but there are exceptions - like this one, I'd say.
> I'm betting that a few will stick to online rather than
> returning to live auction sales.
> At a recent live auction, <poorly attended> I saw a
> nice Roxton solid maple kitchen set sell for $ 20.
> .. table, chairs, buffet/china all in great shape.
> John T.

Likewise, I saw this band saw, near my sister's home in N.C. I called her, with 2 hours remaining for bidding, trying to set up collection of the tool, as I was to bid, but we were unable to muster the resources for collecting it. Only one bid, $25.
https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/522/15170

Good deals are out there, just have to be patient and search.

Sonny

Re: at auction

<aea767ba-5712-4e0b-a6eb-642bd8be4c02n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7088&group=rec.woodworking#7088

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:16 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 12:29:29 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 12:46:47 AM UTC-4, russell...@yahoo.com wrote:

> > > re: Table saw/Router table combos.
> > >
> > > In a semi-perfect world, combos wouldn't be needed. For folks like me with small shops, the
> > > combo is infinitely better than the other option: bench top/portable router tables.
> > >
> > > BTDT. They S-U-C-K.
> > >
> > > My solution: - Table saw, router table and "jointer" combo. I have a separate fence for the
> > > router table that has a port for dust collection.
> > >
> > > https://i.imgur.com/8dyS4kN.jpg
> > Your table saw/router table combination unit looks real good. I've been fortunate to never have a space issue for a shop. So I am a fan of separates. But I can see where having the back side of the table saw fence to use with the router would be advantageous sometimes.
> But, as I said, I have a separate fence for the router table. One that has a dust collection port built in.
> It's actually a fence from a bench top miter table that I struggled with for a very short time before
> I trashed it. I saved the fence and modified it for use with my add-on router table. I clamp it to rails
> of the table saw and stick a dust collection hose up it's butt. :-)
> > >
> > > As far as the belt sander on the auction item, zoom in. It's hinged to the main cabinet, which
> > > tells me that it swings up and I'll bet that there are hinged legs that hold it up.
> > >
> > > Never mind, here you go - a close up of the hinges.
> > >
> > > https://i.imgur.com/Bkewt8S.jpg
> > I see that now. But if you used the hinges, and presumably the folding legs underneath, wouldn't it end up about 18 inches off the floor? Kind of low. Too low. Having to get down on your knees to sand something does not sound good. It is better than having no sander at all. But......
> Are you serious or exaggerating? The table saw is listed at 37" high. Look
> at the picture. Those hinges are more than halfway up the side and the
> belt sander is mounted on a bracket that would make it even higher.

https://rockfordauctioncentre.hibid.com/lot/124577534/woodworking-station/?cpage=8&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
Look at picture 8 of 18. The belt sander might be 24" off the ground. And if you look at the picture again, you will see that it is already mounted as high as it can be. The motor will just clear the bottom of the back rail on the table saw when the platform is tilted up. If you tried to move it higher using those hinges, the motor would hit the back fence and not be level. Or you could modify the hinges by putting a 4x4" piece of wood behind the hinges so the motor would stick out past the rail. Or you could just take the sander platform off and mount the whole thing to a table and use the sander at normal human height.

As I said before, IF you do not already have a sander, this would be useful, sort of.

And as I said before, this whole contraption would be OK to have in a barn or out building. Useful for rough work on the spot when you do not want to carry the wood to the shop and do precise work. And then carry it back to the barn. I've done some demolition work where I picked up a 2x4 or post laying on the ground. Worked OK. Easier than getting a proper sledge hammer from the shop. And that is how I feel about this saw/router/sander contraption.

> I'm guessing that the sanding surface is at a very comfortable height
> once horizontal. Besides, it's mounted on hinges to a wooden board.
> Mount it higher if you want too. ;-)
>
> FWIW, my benchtop belt/disc sander and my 10" disc sander are stored
> under my workbench, about 4" off the floor. Yes, I have (often) gotten
> down on my knees for a quick use - round some corners, etc. It sure
> beats lifting it up, putting it on the bench then putting it away again
> just for a 20 second sanding session.

Re: at auction

<048353d2-a2f4-450b-8bbf-ab6ee6012054n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7089&group=rec.woodworking#7089

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 15:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: ritzanna...@gmail.com (russellseaton1@yahoo.com)
 by: russellseaton1@yahoo - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:26 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 9:06:54 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> "russell...@yahoo.com" <ritzann...@gmail.com> writes:
> >On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 6:36:08 AM UTC-5, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> >> just for curiosity / comments :=20
> >>=20
> >> https://rockfordauctioncentre.hibid.com/lot/124577534/woodworking-station=
> >/?cpage=3D8&ipp=3D100&q=3D&ref=3Dcatalog=20
> >>=20
> >> John T.
> >
> >My OPINION. OPINION. OPINION.
> >
> >It looks old and rough and well used over the years. I have zero experienc=
> >e with used prices for tools so cannot make any comments about what it woul=
> >d sell for. I have a 1992 or 93 Delta Contractor saw. Similar or the same> > as the saw shown in the pictures. Except this one looks a lot older.
> The nameplate on the saw shows that it was from the 1990s, same as yours.

In picture 3 of 18 the label says MFG DATE 199 Which we can assume means sometime in the 1990s. Still looks older than my saw. Maybe because of the cast iron wings. Whereas my Contractor saw has stamped metal wings. "Newer" "Cheaper" Very similar gray paint to my Delta Contractor saw. This one is a slightly lighter shade of gray.

Re: at auction

<g_SdnetXHMCZnSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7090&group=rec.woodworking#7090

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:44 UTC

On 6/28/2022 8:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:35:09 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
> wrote:
>
>> DerbyDad03 <teamarrows@eznet.net> writes:

>>> My point was that the cabinet itself needs some TLC. I never specifically said that any
>>> of the tools *needed* to be replaced. I said it would be more work *if* the tools needed
>>> to be replaced.
>>
>> I guess that's where we differ. I find the cabinet to be perfect for
>> it's purpose, there's no need to make it into a piece of fine furniture.
> You do if it is going to hold $100,000 of "green tools" I guess - - -

That would be a lot of Ryobi.

Re: at auction

<g_SdnepXHMD3nSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7091&group=rec.woodworking#7091

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:46:18 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:46 UTC

On 6/28/2022 5:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 4:08:26 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 07:36:13 -0400, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>>
>>> just for curiosity / comments :
>>>
>>> https://rockfordauctioncentre.hibid.com/lot/124577534/woodworking-station/?cpage=8&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
>> I think I had that same router (RE600) in my first lift/table.
>
> Were older Ryobi tools better than the Ryobi's of today?

Yes! I had the "original" bench top Ryobi AP10 planer back around
1990. It was bullet proof.

> I have a 30+ year old Ryobi reciprocating saw that just won't die, preventing me from
> getting new one. ;-)
>
> I've tried a few more recent Ryobi tools, including a cordless set, that I thought sucked.

Re: at auction

<08d0f143-e526-473b-8f32-34c5cc92b67an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7092&group=rec.woodworking#7092

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 19:10:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 02:10 UTC

On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 9:46:27 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 6/28/2022 5:32 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> I think I had that same router (RE600) in my first lift/table.
> >
> > Were older Ryobi tools better than the Ryobi's of today?
> Yes! I had the "original" bench top Ryobi AP10 planer back around
> 1990. It was bullet proof.

My Ryobi recip saw has probably spent more time in the ground, throwing dirt in my
face, than above ground. Lots of small stumps removed, roots cut so a post hole
could be dug, etc. I've stuck it straight down in a hole, arm's length, while laying
on the ground. Rattles the heck out of your shoulder. Maybe that's why I had rotator
cuff surgery last year. ;-)

Just a few weeks ago I removed a bush from my daughter's front yard and took the stump
out with the Ryobi. Quite a few "blind" cuts were made. Yank on the stump, figure out where
it's being held in, stick the saw in the dirt and cut something. Repeat until you can finally
reach the tap root, cut it and out she comes.

Lots of cuts, all the way around...

https://i.imgur.com/oSWz3Iz.jpg

> > I have a 30+ year old Ryobi reciprocating saw that just won't die, preventing me from
> > getting new one. ;-)
> >
> > I've tried a few more recent Ryobi tools, including a cordless set, that I thought sucked.

I was cleaning the shop earlier tonight. Found a Ryobi laser lever kit buried on a back shelf
under the workbench. I think my dad gave it to me quite a while back. I took it out, tried it
and it didn't work worth a shit. It's garbage night, so out it went.

Re: at auction

<1_SdnbmQ2fn6JSD_nZ2dnUU7-QGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7096&group=rec.woodworking#7096

Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 09:51:21 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 14:51 UTC

On 6/29/2022 9:10 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 9:46:27 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

>>> Were older Ryobi tools better than the Ryobi's of today?
>> Yes! I had the "original" bench top Ryobi AP10 planer back around
>> 1990. It was bullet proof.
>
> My Ryobi recip saw has probably spent more time in the ground, throwing dirt in my
> face, than above ground. Lots of small stumps removed, roots cut so a post hole
> could be dug, etc. I've stuck it straight down in a hole, arm's length, while laying
> on the ground. Rattles the heck out of your shoulder. Maybe that's why I had rotator
> cuff surgery last year. ;-)
>
> Just a few weeks ago I removed a bush from my daughter's front yard and took the stump
> out with the Ryobi. Quite a few "blind" cuts were made. Yank on the stump, figure out where
> it's being held in, stick the saw in the dirt and cut something. Repeat until you can finally
> reach the tap root, cut it and out she comes.
>
> Lots of cuts, all the way around...
>
> https://i.imgur.com/oSWz3Iz.jpg
>

>>> I have a 30+ year old Ryobi reciprocating saw that just won't die, preventing me from
>>> getting new one. ;-)
>>>
>>> I've tried a few more recent Ryobi tools, including a cordless set, that I thought sucked.
>
> I was cleaning the shop earlier tonight. Found a Ryobi laser lever kit buried on a back shelf
> under the workbench. I think my dad gave it to me quite a while back. I took it out, tried it
> and it didn't work worth a shit. It's garbage night, so out it went.

Oh yeah I had one of those Ryobi laser kits, it had a suction device
and it was on clearance at HD... Not long after that it was on
clearance to the garbage can.

Re: at auction

<b0b8aa35-b05e-431d-989b-df97dc359fb9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7098&group=rec.woodworking#7098

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 08:09:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:09 UTC

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 10:51:29 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 9:10 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> Yes! I had the "original" bench top Ryobi AP10 planer back around
> >> 1990. It was bullet proof.
> >
> > My Ryobi recip saw has probably spent more time in the ground, throwing dirt in my
> > face, than above ground. Lots of small stumps removed, roots cut so a post hole
> > could be dug, etc. I've stuck it straight down in a hole, arm's length, while laying
> > on the ground. Rattles the heck out of your shoulder. Maybe that's why I had rotator
> > cuff surgery last year. ;-)
> >
> > Just a few weeks ago I removed a bush from my daughter's front yard and took the stump
> > out with the Ryobi. Quite a few "blind" cuts were made. Yank on the stump, figure out where
> > it's being held in, stick the saw in the dirt and cut something. Repeat until you can finally
> > reach the tap root, cut it and out she comes.
> >
> > Lots of cuts, all the way around...
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/oSWz3Iz.jpg

> > I was cleaning the shop earlier tonight. Found a Ryobi laser lever kit buried on a back shelf
> > under the workbench. I think my dad gave it to me quite a while back. I took it out, tried it
> > and it didn't work worth a shit. It's garbage night, so out it went.
> Oh yeah I had one of those Ryobi laser kits, it had a suction device
> and it was on clearance at HD... Not long after that it was on
> clearance to the garbage can.

In my case it was delegated to a dusty corner under my workbench.

I have a bunch of stuff to take to a donation center, so I put batteries
in the device to test it. The suction part made noise, but the laser didn't
turn on.

Into the trash it went.

Re: at auction

<gilrbhdfpc7bdrb9fbgb2bgipd4ghkglhk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7103&group=rec.woodworking#7103

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:05:08 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Thu, 30 Jun 2022 17:05 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:

>On 6/28/2022 8:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:35:09 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:

>>> I guess that's where we differ. I find the cabinet to be perfect for
>>> it's purpose, there's no need to make it into a piece of fine furniture.
>> You do if it is going to hold $100,000 of "green tools" I guess - - -
>

>That would be a lot of Ryobi.

A sh!tload of Ryobi. Ryobi is more yellow fire engine/safety putrid
yellow.

>https://colorcodes.io/yellow/safety-yellow-color-codes/>

Makes them easy to find.

Re: at auction

<84psbh92ulpd3ui74qs1cm57qpm8krbs9b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7109&group=rec.woodworking#7109

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:07:19 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:07 UTC

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 09:07:28 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:25:33 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 07:36:13 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>>
>>>just for curiosity / comments :
>>>
>>>https://rockfordauctioncentre.hibid.com/lot/124577534/woodworking-station/?cpage=8&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog
>>>
>>> John T.
>>
>> I'd say someone got a killer deal!!!
>>

> The pandemic forced many auctioneers to go online -
> - in general I think they get better prices for stuff
>but there are exceptions - like this one, I'd say.
> I'm betting that a few will stick to online rather than
>returning to live auction sales.
> At a recent live auction, <poorly attended> I saw a
>nice Roxton solid maple kitchen set sell for $ 20.
> .. table, chairs, buffet/china all in great shape.
> John T.
And for those not familiar with Canadian furniture, Roxton maple
furniture is top-notch stuff - kinda like Ethan Allen in the USA.
Mafe in my childhood home town of Elmira Ontario

Re: at auction

<mapsbhhli7rfrgb1o6951oic6qrm0mbssq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7110&group=rec.woodworking#7110

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:09:28 -0400
 by: Clare Snyder - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:09 UTC

wrote:

>On 6/28/2022 8:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 18:35:09 GMT, scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
>> wrote:

>>> I guess that's where we differ. I find the cabinet to be perfect for
>>> it's purpose, there's no need to make it into a piece of fine furniture.
>> You do if it is going to hold $100,000 of "green tools" I guess - - -
>

>That would be a lot of Ryobi.
And about 1/100 as much Festool

Re: at auction

<4c5ubhte65llf060mk5bvfn0kfccjjk31q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7117&group=rec.woodworking#7117

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:42:18 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 15:42 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:09:28 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
>wrote:
>
>>On 6/28/2022 8:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> You do if it is going to hold $100,000 of "green tools" I guess - - -
>>

>>That would be a lot of Ryobi.
>And about 1/100 as much Festool

At a similar ratio of quality and utility/design.

Re: at auction

<fg5ubhhq7a66911d2ni6ttp4lu7u4m6egs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7118&group=rec.woodworking#7118

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:47:14 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 15:47 UTC

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:07:19 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 09:07:28 -0400, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 28 Jun 2022 21:25:33 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
>>wrote:

>>> I'd say someone got a killer deal!!!
>>>

>> The pandemic forced many auctioneers to go online -
>> - in general I think they get better prices for stuff
>>but there are exceptions - like this one, I'd say.
>> I'm betting that a few will stick to online rather than
>>returning to live auction sales.
>> At a recent live auction, <poorly attended> I saw a
>>nice Roxton solid maple kitchen set sell for $ 20.
>> .. table, chairs, buffet/china all in great shape.
>> John T.
>And for those not familiar with Canadian furniture, Roxton maple
>furniture is top-notch stuff - kinda like Ethan Allen in the USA.
>Mafe in my childhood home town of Elmira Ontario

That puts a reference beside HUBOPS' post. Wow! We have a nice set but
we paid a tad over $20 (two and a half zeros over).

Re: at auction

<J_udnQaaIKz2pV7_nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7164&group=rec.woodworking#7164

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:58:51 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 18:58 UTC

On 6/30/2022 10:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/2022 8:30 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> You do if it is going to hold $100,000 of "green tools" I guess - - -
>>

>> That would be a lot of Ryobi.
> And about 1/100 as much Festool

Not a Festool fan?

Re: at auction

<gui6chddp0qcmurriruq4kfqba5n8s5m79@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7168&group=rec.woodworking#7168

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <erplbhtd2nshku9ea6i8rqecv8tl6u78ls@4ax.com> <881f5b2e-9cbb-4cd7-8d60-199e28d11ff1n@googlegroups.com> <EcGuK.223993$ntj.190952@fx15.iad> <9b91daaa-180d-4400-aaf6-0ec9f9a619ebn@googlegroups.com> <xRHuK.18154$dh2.2225@fx46.iad> <9oanbhleranbs6k5cg2fhcf8f4iibq357g@4ax.com> <g_SdnetXHMCZnSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <mapsbhhli7rfrgb1o6951oic6qrm0mbssq@4ax.com> <J_udnQaaIKz2pV7_nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 16:22:45 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Mon, 4 Jul 2022 20:22 UTC

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:58:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

>On 6/30/2022 10:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
>> wrote:

>>> That would be a lot of Ryobi.
>> And about 1/100 as much Festool
>

>Not a Festool fan?

He likes sweeping. ;-)

Re: at auction

<nu27chhqd6e5d49o2pk5vrt5kpg1j4avk7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7170&group=rec.woodworking#7170

From: cla...@snyder.on.ca (Clare Snyder)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 20:55:17 -0400
References: <erplbhtd2nshku9ea6i8rqecv8tl6u78ls@4ax.com> <881f5b2e-9cbb-4cd7-8d60-199e28d11ff1n@googlegroups.com> <EcGuK.223993$ntj.190952@fx15.iad> <9b91daaa-180d-4400-aaf6-0ec9f9a619ebn@googlegroups.com> <xRHuK.18154$dh2.2225@fx46.iad> <9oanbhleranbs6k5cg2fhcf8f4iibq357g@4ax.com> <g_SdnetXHMCZnSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <mapsbhhli7rfrgb1o6951oic6qrm0mbssq@4ax.com> <J_udnQaaIKz2pV7_nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com>
 by: Clare Snyder - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 00:55 UTC

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:58:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:

>On 6/30/2022 10:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 20:44:36 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
>> wrote:

>>> That would be a lot of Ryobi.
>> And about 1/100 as much Festool
>

>Not a Festool fan?
That would be champaign living on a beer (or water) budget

Re: at auction

<b877chpr447b5kb8d8fr0phc9c8s7uj8tn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7173&group=rec.woodworking#7173

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <erplbhtd2nshku9ea6i8rqecv8tl6u78ls@4ax.com> <881f5b2e-9cbb-4cd7-8d60-199e28d11ff1n@googlegroups.com> <EcGuK.223993$ntj.190952@fx15.iad> <9b91daaa-180d-4400-aaf6-0ec9f9a619ebn@googlegroups.com> <xRHuK.18154$dh2.2225@fx46.iad> <9oanbhleranbs6k5cg2fhcf8f4iibq357g@4ax.com> <g_SdnetXHMCZnSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <mapsbhhli7rfrgb1o6951oic6qrm0mbssq@4ax.com> <J_udnQaaIKz2pV7_nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <nu27chhqd6e5d49o2pk5vrt5kpg1j4avk7@4ax.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2022 22:09:53 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 02:09 UTC

On Mon, 04 Jul 2022 20:55:17 -0400, Clare Snyder <clare@snyder.on.ca>
wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:58:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
>
>>On 6/30/2022 10:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> And about 1/100 as much Festool
>>

>>Not a Festool fan?
>That would be champaign living on a beer (or water) budget

Just a nit... That would be champagne. Champaign is a city in Illinois
(where I grew up). ;-)

Re: at auction

<0aa98c51-e5d8-4479-be9d-ac8844f83d5fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7175&group=rec.woodworking#7175

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2022 20:22:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 03:22 UTC

On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 10:09:59 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jul 2022 20:55:17 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
> wrote:

> >>Not a Festool fan?
> >That would be champaign living on a beer (or water) budget
> Just a nit... That would be champagne. Champaign is a city in Illinois
> (where I grew up). ;-)

Where you lived. “Grew up” is open for debate. ;-)

Re: at auction

<ggd7ch9167ad2v5vj8s2d6hirau08ijeeh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7176&group=rec.woodworking#7176

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <EcGuK.223993$ntj.190952@fx15.iad> <9b91daaa-180d-4400-aaf6-0ec9f9a619ebn@googlegroups.com> <xRHuK.18154$dh2.2225@fx46.iad> <9oanbhleranbs6k5cg2fhcf8f4iibq357g@4ax.com> <g_SdnetXHMCZnSD_nZ2dnUU7-a-dnZ2d@giganews.com> <mapsbhhli7rfrgb1o6951oic6qrm0mbssq@4ax.com> <J_udnQaaIKz2pV7_nZ2dnUU7-QWdnZ2d@giganews.com> <nu27chhqd6e5d49o2pk5vrt5kpg1j4avk7@4ax.com> <b877chpr447b5kb8d8fr0phc9c8s7uj8tn@4ax.com> <0aa98c51-e5d8-4479-be9d-ac8844f83d5fn@googlegroups.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 00:02:30 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 04:02 UTC

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 20:22:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>On Monday, July 4, 2022 at 10:09:59 PM UTC-4, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Jul 2022 20:55:17 -0400, Clare Snyder <cl...@snyder.on.ca>
>> wrote:

>> >That would be champaign living on a beer (or water) budget
>> Just a nit... That would be champagne. Champaign is a city in Illinois
>> (where I grew up). ;-)
>
>Where you lived. “Grew up” is open for debate. ;-)

Good point. There is good reason I tell people I'd _from_ Illinois.
The next step for governors isn't the White House, rather the
big-house.

We moved 48 years ago, after I graduated from UI.

Re: at auction

<_JCdnSs52_qb3Fn_nZ2dnUU7-VmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7180&group=rec.woodworking#7180

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 08:47:50 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Tue, 5 Jul 2022 13:47 UTC

On 7/4/2022 7:55 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:58:51 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote:
>
>> On 6/30/2022 10:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

>>> And about 1/100 as much Festool
>>

>> Not a Festool fan?
> That would be champaign living on a beer (or water) budget

Ohhhhhhh. Got it.