Having nothing, nothing can he lose. -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"

interests / rec.woodworking / They don't use my cutting board

SubjectAuthor
* They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
+- Re: They don't use my cutting boardhubops
+* Re: They don't use my cutting boardDerbyDad03
|`- Re: They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
+- Re: They don't use my cutting boardBill
+* Re: They don't use my cutting boardLeon
|+* Re: They don't use my cutting boardBrian Welch
||`- Re: They don't use my cutting boardkrw
|`* Re: They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
| `* Re: They don't use my cutting boardMarkem618
|  `* Re: They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
|   `- Re: They don't use my cutting boardBrian Welch
+- Re: They don't use my cutting boardMichael
+* Re: They don't use my cutting boardpyotr filipivich
|+- Re: They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
|`* Re: They don't use my cutting boardDerbyDad03
| `* Re: They don't use my cutting boardEd Pawlowski
|  `* Re: They don't use my cutting boardDerbyDad03
|   `- Re: They don't use my cutting boardpyotr filipivich
`- Re: They don't use my cutting boardAoli

1
They don't use my cutting board

<MlJyK.369869$vAW9.93787@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7217&group=rec.woodworking#7217

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Subject: They don't use my cutting board
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:34 UTC

Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
good friends.

Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
on it.

One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.

I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
use it!

https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<nhpmchp8eeav0u01avau45t06mq2pm4j1s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7218&group=rec.woodworking#7218

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Re: They don't use my cutting board
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:55:37 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:55 UTC

On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>good friends.
>
>Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>on it.
>
>One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>
>I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>use it!
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

Looks like you put too much work into it ?
Next time try an old piece of barnboard ..
they won't use it either but you
save some work ... :-)
John T.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<64d9edbc-79b9-47b5-8fc0-fdb86ae2bab2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7219&group=rec.woodworking#7219

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 16:59:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Sun, 10 Jul 2022 23:59 UTC

On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 7:34:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
> made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
> good friends.
>
> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
> on it.
>
> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>
> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> use it!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

Make them a nice cutting board and they'll never use for the reason stated.
Make them a boring looking one and they'll hide it in the back of a cabinet
to avoid looking at. You'll never win. ;-)

Nice job!

It looks like you've got some Douglas Fir in there. I had bunch left over from a
project so I was going to make some end-grain cutting boards with it. Before
I got a chance to use it, my daughter asked me for it. Her and her BF are (were?)
going to make a pair of nightstands with it.

It's been 2 years and the wood is still sitting in her basement. :-(

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<GNKyK.512262$JVi.408866@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7220&group=rec.woodworking#7220

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: nonegi...@att.net (Bill)
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 21:12:05 -0400
 by: Bill - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 01:12 UTC

On 7/10/2022 7:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> use it!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

I agree with them. It looks too nice to risk scratching it up! : )

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<NqGdnUjvDJpauFH_nZ2dnUU7-TGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7222&group=rec.woodworking#7222

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 08:29:45 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 13:29 UTC

On 7/10/2022 6:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Can a cutting board be too nice to use?  Back over a dozen years ago I
> made three cutting boards.  One for myself, the other two as gifts for
> good friends.
>
> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good.  I may give
> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age.  One a trip a couple of
> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to.  Both have them
> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
> on it.
>
> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>
> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> use it!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given. I
told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<edcf4681-b362-41ed-9957-34416d88436an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7223&group=rec.woodworking#7223

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: bnwe...@gmail.com (Brian Welch)
 by: Brian Welch - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 13:31 UTC

On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 9:29:53 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 7/10/2022 6:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
> > made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
> > good friends.
> >
> > Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
> > it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
> > weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
> > displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
> > on it.
> >
> > One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
> > uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
> >
> > I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> > use it!
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
> I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given. I
> told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.

Very nice work...Nice thing about endgrain boards is that they hold up pretty well against scratching, not to mention being easier on knife egdes...

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<2808f08f-d1b0-4199-a41c-9ecbd109afd0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7228&group=rec.woodworking#7228

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 15:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaeld...@gmail.com (Michael)
 by: Michael - Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:56 UTC

On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 6:34:10 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
> made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
> good friends.
>
> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
> on it.
>
> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>
> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> use it!
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

I can see why they cherish them. Well done!

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<u3ipchl4jruj4pq3bsicjvmjug87rt5t3r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7230&group=rec.woodworking#7230

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 21:04:46 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 01:04 UTC

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 06:31:42 -0700 (PDT), Brian Welch
<bnwelch@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 9:29:53 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
>> On 7/10/2022 6:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> > Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>> > made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>> > good friends.
>> >
>> > Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>> > it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>> > weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>> > displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>> > on it.
>> >
>> > One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>> > uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>> >
>> > I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>> > use it!
>> >
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>> I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given. I
>> told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.
>
>Very nice work...Nice thing about endgrain boards is that they hold up pretty well against scratching, not to mention being easier on knife egdes...

It's my understanding that bacteria don't like them much either.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<iT4zK.351496$ssF.8218@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7231&group=rec.woodworking#7231

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:19:59 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 02:19 UTC

On 7/10/2022 7:59 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Sunday, July 10, 2022 at 7:34:10 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>> made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>> good friends.
>>
>> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>> on it.
>>
>> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>>
>> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>> use it!
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>
> Make them a nice cutting board and they'll never use for the reason stated.
> Make them a boring looking one and they'll hide it in the back of a cabinet
> to avoid looking at. You'll never win. ;-)
>
> Nice job!
>
> It looks like you've got some Douglas Fir in there. I had bunch left over from a
> project so I was going to make some end-grain cutting boards with it. Before
> I got a chance to use it, my daughter asked me for it. Her and her BF are (were?)
> going to make a pair of nightstands with it.
>
> It's been 2 years and the wood is still sitting in her basement. :-(

White oak, cherry, walnut

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<WU4zK.351497$ssF.93497@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7232&group=rec.woodworking#7232

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:21:43 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 02:21 UTC

On 7/11/2022 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:
> On 7/10/2022 6:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Can a cutting board be too nice to use?  Back over a dozen years ago I
>> made three cutting boards.  One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>> good friends.

>> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>

> I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given.  I
> told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.

Yes, they were well oiled before I sent them. I'm going to sand mine as
it is darkening a bit over the years

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<lpuqch5qo0trnc38kettqhr32tislu75fu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7233&group=rec.woodworking#7233

From: markrm...@hotmail.com (Markem618)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 08:47:54 -0500
 by: Markem618 - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 13:47 UTC

On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:21:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 7/11/2022 9:29 AM, Leon wrote:
>> On 7/10/2022 6:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Can a cutting board be too nice to use?  Back over a dozen years ago I
>>> made three cutting boards.  One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>>> good friends.
>

>>> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>>

>> I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given.  I
>> told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.
>
>Yes, they were well oiled before I sent them. I'm going to sand mine as
>it is darkening a bit over the years

They value it is a treasured gift from friend.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<113rch5nculrep6apkfoos6lrs55a480b6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7234&group=rec.woodworking#7234

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 08:06:12 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 15:06 UTC

Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400 typed
in rec.woodworking the following:
>Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>good friends.
>
>Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>on it.
>
>One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>
>I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>use it!
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg

They are _using_ the board. Maybe not the way you would, but they
are.

The real question is "Whose board is it? Yours or theirs?" It is
difficult to let go of something you put a lot of effort into, but ...
you gave it to them.

Years ago, I sold a house. A week after closing, the shed which I
had spent a summer rebuilding, caught fire. I was very upset. Then I
learned that it had been empty, so no "great loss".
And it wasn't my shed anymore, I'd sold the place, it wasn't my
problem.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<HylzK.473052$5fVf.337169@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7235&group=rec.woodworking#7235

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:18:32 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 21:18 UTC

On 7/12/2022 11:06 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400 typed
> in rec.woodworking the following:
>> Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>> made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>> good friends.
>>
>> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>> on it.
>>
>> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>>
>> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>> use it!
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>
> They are _using_ the board. Maybe not the way you would, but they
> are.
>
> The real question is "Whose board is it? Yours or theirs?" It is
> difficult to let go of something you put a lot of effort into, but ...
> you gave it to them.

Yes, I'm happy to see they have it on display and value it.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<OClzK.378461$vAW9.7977@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7236&group=rec.woodworking#7236

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:22:54 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Tue, 12 Jul 2022 21:22 UTC

On 7/12/2022 9:47 AM, Markem618 wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2022 22:21:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> I got the same answers from the dozen or so boards that I had given.  I
>>> told them that if they mark it up that I would resand it for them.
>>
>> Yes, they were well oiled before I sent them. I'm going to sand mine as
>> it is darkening a bit over the years
>
> They value it is a treasured gift from friend.

Yes and I appreciate that.

For the one friend liked my Tudor bench so I make one for them too but
they paid for the material.

https://postimg.cc/0r5pYtwb

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<fa836a1c-3ffd-4481-a312-ac2e46f86179n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7237&group=rec.woodworking#7237

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 17:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 00:46 UTC

On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 11:06:19 AM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400 typed
> in rec.woodworking the following:
> >Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
> >made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
> >good friends.
> >
> >Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
> >it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
> >weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
> >displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
> >on it.
> >
> >One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
> >uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
> >
> >I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
> >use it!
> >
> >https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
> They are _using_ the board. Maybe not the way you would, but they
> are.
>
> The real question is "Whose board is it? Yours or theirs?" It is
> difficult to let go of something you put a lot of effort into, but ...
> you gave it to them.

I built this and gave it to my (adult) daughter. It's 5' long and made from
skip-planed 8/4 poplar. It was the first thing I built where I milled (ripped
and planed) every board to size.

https://i.imgur.com/lKWXiTy.jpg

She painted it pink.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<VxrzK.473403$5fVf.432404@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7239&group=rec.woodworking#7239

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed Pawlowski)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 00:07:17 -0400
 by: Ed Pawlowski - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 04:07 UTC

On 7/12/2022 8:46 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 11:06:19 AM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400 typed
>> in rec.woodworking the following:
>>> Can a cutting board be too nice to use? Back over a dozen years ago I
>>> made three cutting boards. One for myself, the other two as gifts for
>>> good friends.
>>>
>>> Mine is used on a regular basis and still looks rather good. I may give
>>> it a sanding as the wood had darkened with age. One a trip a couple of
>>> weeks ago I visited both people that I gave boards to. Both have them
>>> displayed in the kitchens, but neither even had a loaf of bread sliced
>>> on it.
>>>
>>> One uses it to hod some coffee cups and stuff for the morning, the other
>>> uses it like a server for cheese and crackers and other dry stuff.
>>>
>>> I was told, it is not a cutting board, it is a work of art. Its a tool,
>>> use it!
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/9QJhQMp5/Cut-Board-2.jpg
>> They are _using_ the board. Maybe not the way you would, but they
>> are.
>>
>> The real question is "Whose board is it? Yours or theirs?" It is
>> difficult to let go of something you put a lot of effort into, but ...
>> you gave it to them.
>>

> I built this and gave it to my (adult) daughter. It's 5' long and made from
> skip-planed 8/4 poplar. It was the first thing I built where I milled (ripped
> and planed) every board to size.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/lKWXiTy.jpg
>
> She painted it pink.

I'd prefer the look of the wood but . . .

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<1f56f298-a7b4-43b5-a5c1-63872794f7dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7240&group=rec.woodworking#7240

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 01:28:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 08:28 UTC

On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 12:07:24 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/12/2022 8:46 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 11:06:19 AM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> >> Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.xxx> on Sun, 10 Jul 2022 19:34:05 -0400 typed
> >> in rec.woodworking the following:

> >> They are _using_ the board. Maybe not the way you would, but they
> >> are.
> >>
> >> The real question is "Whose board is it? Yours or theirs?" It is
> >> difficult to let go of something you put a lot of effort into, but ...
> >> you gave it to them.
> >>

> > I built this and gave it to my (adult) daughter. It's 5' long and made from
> > skip-planed 8/4 poplar. It was the first thing I built where I milled (ripped
> > and planed) every board to size.
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/lKWXiTy.jpg
> >
> > She painted it pink.
> I'd prefer the look of the wood but . . .

As do I, but as pyotr noted, once I gave it to her, especially
unfinished, it's hers to do with as she pleases.

She loves it and that’s all that matters to me.

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<15a9dff3-77e0-405f-a565-e7c0a8011067n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7241&group=rec.woodworking#7241

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 07:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: bnwe...@gmail.com (Brian Welch)
 by: Brian Welch - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:52 UTC

On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 5:22:59 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/12/2022 9:47 AM, Markem618 wrote:

> >> Yes, they were well oiled before I sent them. I'm going to sand mine as
> >> it is darkening a bit over the years
> >
> > They value it is a treasured gift from friend.
> Yes and I appreciate that.
>
> For the one friend liked my Tudor bench so I make one for them too but
> they paid for the material.
>
> https://postimg.cc/0r5pYtwb
Nice work! Just another item on my always-getting-longer to do list...

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<toptchpv954pj7bdh53j9t4g7ptnsqg27m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7242&group=rec.woodworking#7242

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 08:42:23 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Wed, 13 Jul 2022 15:42 UTC

DerbyDad03 <teamarrows@eznet.net> on Wed, 13 Jul 2022 01:28:01 -0700
(PDT) typed in rec.woodworking the following:
>On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 12:07:24 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > I built this and gave it to my (adult) daughter. It's 5' long and made from
>> > skip-planed 8/4 poplar. It was the first thing I built where I milled (ripped
>> > and planed) every board to size.
>> >
>> > https://i.imgur.com/lKWXiTy.jpg
>> >
>> > She painted it pink.
>> I'd prefer the look of the wood but . . .
>
>As do I, but as pyotr noted, once I gave it to her, especially
>unfinished, it's hers to do with as she pleases.
>
>She loves it and that’s all that matters to me.

Excellent.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.
Next Month's Panel: Having eliminated the old Them(tm)
Selecting who insufficiently Woke(tm) as to serve as the new Them(tm)

Re: They don't use my cutting board

<tapc1u$1d09$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7255&group=rec.woodworking#7255