I don't remember it, but I have it written down.

interests / rec.boats / Re: Gotta love the summer..

SubjectAuthor
* Gotta love the summer..True North
`- Re: Gotta love the summer..John H

1
Gotta love the summer..

<78473f7b-fed4-451a-8bce-1337647fe5ebn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7233&group=rec.boats#7233

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Gotta love the summer..
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 17:53 UTC

Just got back from the next street over where a block party is taking place..
The city issues a permit for a street closure and provides traffic signs.
Heard a Doobie Brothers song playing and it was so good I thought someone was blasting music from a stereo. Turns out it was a live band playing baby boomer music. This seemed odd because the vast majority of people were young parents with toddlers and pre schoolers playing various games.
I wasn't complaining. Anyway, old farts like The John who prefer their music out of a banjo or juice harp need not apply.
We have our block party Tuesday night but a live band will be a hard act to follow.

Re: Gotta love the summer..

<ge6rdhdqqju9qh8tv70joq7fu6ch0j5jbc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7239&group=rec.boats#7239

From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: Gotta love the summer..
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 15:13:56 -0400
 by: John H - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 19:13 UTC

On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:53:22 -0700 (PDT), True North
<princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

>Just got back from the next street over where a block party is taking place.
>The city issues a permit for a street closure and provides traffic signs.
>Heard a Doobie Brothers song playing and it was so good I thought someone was blasting music from a stereo. Turns out it was a live band playing baby boomer music. This seemed odd because the vast majority of people were young parents with toddlers and pre schoolers playing various games.
>I wasn't complaining. Anyway, old farts like The John who prefer their music out of a banjo or juice harp need not apply.
>We have our block party Tuesday night but a live band will be a hard act to follow.

I prefer my music from an orchestra.