Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 23:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: defamation
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 06:52 UTC

Rod Speed wrote:
==============

> > How do you know I wouldn't be able to prove the negative claims
> > about the employer.
>
> It is never possible to prove that, fuckwit.

** Certainly, it would be extremely difficult in most cases.

Employers that unfairly sack staffers always lie about it to authorities.
Other staff are intimidated into silence by seeing it happen.
Same goes for toxic work places, like most family businesses.

....... Phil

Re: defamation

<tfesb1$1d4v$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7296&group=aus.legal#7296

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:09:05 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 08:09 UTC

On 9/09/2022 4:41 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

>>> That's overstated if you need to provide a reason why
>>> you left or why they may give you are bad reference.
>
>> In my case I was being critical of an employer that was 10 year prior,
>> and I was never going to use them as a referee, since I could use
>> employers.
>
> Irrelevant to whether the interviewer could check with
> that previous employer, if it actually existed, Pinocchio.
>
>> I was just being honest about what I thought of that employer, because
>> they were totally incompetent and one of their main clients, who I had
>> to deal with, were highly critical of them to me.
>
> SURE they were, Pinocchio.

There's no point calling me Pinocchio.

I haven't lied about anything except for living in a tent in a park.

That was obviously a joke, since no one can do that without getting in
trouble from the council and being asked to move on.

You said I was lying about a person in my building running a cord from a
common power point into their unit.

How would I have been able to take this photo if I was lying?

https://imgur.com/a/mqexsbV

>>>  True, but it is more complicated than that.

Re: defamation

<tfet44$1tef$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7297&group=aus.legal#7297

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:22:26 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 08:22 UTC

On 9/09/2022 4:38 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  Wrong, as always.
>
>>  From that page above:
>
>> "Uniform defamation law now applies in Australia."
>
> Just because some fuckwit legal parasite claims something...

>>>  Wrong, as always.
>
>> See above.
>
> Just because some fuckwit legal parasite claims something...

>>>  That shit you cited says that, fuckwit.
>
>> How do you know I wouldn't be able to provethat the negative claims
>> about the employer.
>
> It is never possible to prove that, fuckwit.

>>>  No chance.
>
>> Not hard given the company went into administration twice and then
>> finally liquidation.
>
> SURE it did, Pinocchio.

>>>  Don't need any, fuckwit.
>
>> Qualifications may not have been legally required in the field,
>
> Corse they werent with the EMPLOYER, fuckwit.
>
>> but I  can say thay are needed, since the vast majority of companies
>> and government organisations require such qualifications.
>
> Not of the EMPLOYER, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

The people who owned the company were playing roles in the company which
in other places would be done by people with those qualifications.

In a company that is in a certain field, you would expect at least one
of the directors of that company to have a working knowledge of how to
do work in that field.

The company in question did not have the expertise in management to do
the work in the field.

Therefore I can make a fair criticism in that respect, and the
sustantiation would simply be to go through the CVs and qualifications
of those people.

Re: defamation

<op.1r70x2mtbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7298&group=aus.legal#7298

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 19:07:04 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:07 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> In my case I was being critical of an employer that was 10 year prior,
>>> and I was never going to use them as a referee, since I could use
>>> employers.

>> Irrelevant to whether the interviewer could check with
>> that previous employer, if it actually existed, Pinocchio.

>>> I was just being honest about what I thought of that employer, because
>>> they were totally incompetent and one of their main clients, who I had
>>> to deal with, were highly critical of them to me.

>> SURE they were, Pinocchio.

> There's no point calling me Pinocchio.

I call a spade a spade and a pathological liar, Pinocchio.

> I haven't lied about anything except for living in a tent in a park.

Obvious lie, Pinocchio.

> That was obviously a joke, since no one can do that without getting in
> trouble from the council and being asked to move on.

> You said I was lying about a person in my building running a cord from a
> common power point into their unit.

Because you were, Pinocchio.

> How would I have been able to take this photo if I was lying?

You ran the extension cord to your own cess pit, Pinocchio.

> https://imgur.com/a/mqexsbV

Re: defamation

<op.1r702qkbbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7299&group=aus.legal#7299

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 19:09:52 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:09 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> From that page above:
>>
>>> "Uniform defamation law now applies in Australia."
>> Just because some fuckwit legal parasite claims something...

>>> See above.
>> Just because some fuckwit legal parasite claims something...

>>> How do you know I wouldn't be able to provethat the negative claims
>>> about the employer.
>> It is never possible to prove that, fuckwit.

>>> Not hard given the company went into administration twice and then
>>> finally liquidation.
>> SURE it did, Pinocchio.

>>> Qualifications may not have been legally required in the field,
>> Corse they werent with the EMPLOYER, fuckwit.
>>
>>> but I can say thay are needed, since the vast majority of companies
>>> and government organisations require such qualifications.

>> Not of the EMPLOYER, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist..

> The people who owned the company were playing roles in the company which
> in other places would be done by people with those qualifications.

SURE they were, Pinocchio.

> In a company that is in a certain field, you would expect at least one
> of the directors of that company to have a working knowledge of how to
> do work in that field.

> The company in question did not have the expertise in management to do
> the work in the field.

SURE it did, Pinocchio.

> Therefore I can make a fair criticism in that respect, and the
> sustantiation would simply be to go through the CVs and qualifications
> of those people.

Wrong, as always, Pinocchio.

Re: defamation

<tfgs27$11uq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7303&group=aus.legal#7303

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 12:16:39 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 02:16 UTC

On 9/09/2022 7:07 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>> Irrelevant to whether the interviewer could check with
>>> that previous employer, if it actually existed, Pinocchio.

>>> SURE they were, Pinocchio.
>
>> There's no point calling me Pinocchio.
>
> I call a spade a spade and a pathological liar, Pinocchio.
>
>> I haven't lied about anything except for living in a tent in a park.
>
> Obvious lie, Pinocchio.
>
>> That was obviously a joke, since no one can do that without getting in
>> trouble from the council and being asked to move on.
>
>> You said I was lying about a person in my building running a cord from
>> a common power point into their unit.
>
> Because you were, Pinocchio.
>
>> How would I have been able to take this photo if I was lying?
>
> You ran the extension cord to your own cess pit, Pinocchio.

The only thing that is a cess pit is that company that I worked for.

And why would I need to run the extension cord to my unit?

>> https://imgur.com/a/mqexsbV

Re: defamation

<op.1r9eni17byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7306&group=aus.legal#7306

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 13:00:44 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 03:00 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> There's no point calling me Pinocchio.
>> I call a spade a spade and a pathological liar, Pinocchio.
>>
>>> I haven't lied about anything except for living in a tent in a park.
>> Obvious lie, Pinocchio.
>>
>>> That was obviously a joke, since no one can do that without getting in
>>> trouble from the council and being asked to move on.
>>
>>> You said I was lying about a person in my building running a cord from
>>> a common power point into their unit.
>> Because you were, Pinocchio.
>>
>>> How would I have been able to take this photo if I was lying?

>> You ran the extension cord to your own cess pit, Pinocchio.

> The only thing that is a cess pit is that company that I worked for.

You are the cess in your personal cess pit, stinking out the place.

> And why would I need to run the extension cord to my unit?

So you can troll here, fuckwit.

>>> https://imgur.com/a/mqexsbV

Re: defamation

<jo2mcfFr1agU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7311&group=aus.legal#7311

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:41:33 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:41 UTC

On 09-Sept-22 3:53 pm, Max wrote:
> On 9/09/2022 12:53 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>>>>

>>> If I think a former employer was incompetent or not good in some way,
>>> surely I can provide an honest opinion of this in a job interview?
>>
>> Even opinions have to have some proper basis if they're not to create
>> a liability for defamation.
>>
>> On a wider note, slagging off a former employer is rarely, if ever,
>> going to be a good look during a job interview, no matter how justified.
>>

> I think there has to be a reason why you left the job.
>
> If you were fired, then it may seem like sour grapes to slag off the
> employer, and then it wouldn't be a good look to do that.
>
> But if you resigned, as I did, then I thought it was OK to give fair
> criticism of the employer.
>
> In the interview in question, which happened 5-10 years ago, I
> criticised the former employer, but then I got the job in question, so
> it didn't work out too badly for me.

More likely you got the job despite what you said about your former
employer. Or you were fortunate enough that your new employer knew your
former one well enough to know that what you were saying was true.

You got away with it. Doesn't make it a good idea.

Sylvia.

Re: defamation

<tfrasi$qn5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7329&group=aus.legal#7329

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 11:30:56 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 01:30 UTC

On 10/09/2022 1:00 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  I call a spade a spade and a pathological liar, Pinocchio.

>>>  Obvious lie, Pinocchio.

>>>  Because you were, Pinocchio.

>>>  You ran the extension cord to your own cess pit, Pinocchio.
>
>> The only thing that is a cess pit is that company that I worked for.
>
> You are the cess in your personal cess pit, stinking out the place.
>
>> And why would I need to run the extension cord to my unit?
>
> So you can troll here, fuckwit.

I am posting here now, and the date of that photo is early June.

So it's not possible that the strata would have allowed me to run the
cord into my unit for that long.

Therefore, it is not possible that I am running the cord in order to
post here. I must be getting electricity without doing that.

Re: defamation

<op.1sgs6m0zbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7333&group=aus.legal#7333

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 12:57:48 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 02:57 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> The only thing that is a cess pit is that company that I worked for.
>> You are the cess in your personal cess pit, stinking out the place.
>>
>>> And why would I need to run the extension cord to my unit?

>> So you can troll here, fuckwit.

> I am posting here now, and the date of that photo is early June.

Easy to change the date, fuckwit.

> So it's not possible that the strata would have allowedme to run the
> cord into my unit for that long.

Wrong, as always, particularly if it isnt drawing any power.

> Therefore, it is not possible that I am running the cord in order to
> post here.

No one ever said you were getting the power to post it
using that cord, fuckwit. You just had a photo to troll with.

> I must be getting electricity without doing that.

You quite sure you aren't one of those rocket scientist drunken
drug crazed pathetic excuses for a lying troll, Pinocchio ?

Re: defamation

<tfrib8$s05$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7334&group=aus.legal#7334

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 13:38:14 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 03:38 UTC

On 14/09/2022 12:57 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  You are the cess in your personal cess pit, stinking out the place.

>>>  So you can troll here, fuckwit.
>
>> I am posting here now, and the date of that photo is early June.
>
> Easy to change the date, fuckwit.

It's not possible to change the date of a file in Windows, which is
where the file is.

>> So it's not possible that the strata would have allowedme to run the
>> cord into my unit for that long.
>
> Wrong, as always, particularly if it isnt drawing any power.

The strata would not be happy with a cord being plugged in if it weren't
for official strata operations such as cleaning.

>> Therefore, it is not possible that I am running the cord in order to
>> post here.
>
> No one ever said you were getting the power to post it
> using that cord, fuckwit. You just had a photo to troll with.

You are suggesting I set up the scene of the cord plugged in and running
into my unit, just so that I could post it here?

>> I must be getting electricity without doing that.
>
> You quite sure you aren't one of those rocket scientist drunken
> drug crazed pathetic excuses for a lying troll, Pinocchio ?

Re: defamation

<op.1sgwhekhbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7336&group=aus.legal#7336

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:09:04 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:09 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I am posting here now, and the date of that photo is early June.

>> Easy to change the date, fuckwit.

> It's not possible to change the date of a file in Windows,

Wrong, as always.

> which is where the file is.

Obvious lie with the original, Pinocchio.

>>> So it's not possible that the strata would have allowedme to run the
>>> cord into my unit for that long.

>> Wrong, as always, particularly if it isnt drawing any power.

> The strata would not be happy with a cord being plugged in if it weren't
> for official strata operations such as cleaning.

Trivial to ensure that its only there for the photo take, fuckwit.

>>> Therefore, it is not possible that I am running the cord in order to
>>> post here.

>> No one ever said you were getting the power to post it
>> using that cord, fuckwit. You just had a photo to troll with.

> You are suggesting I set up the scene of the cord plugged in and running
> into my unit, just so that I could post it here?

Yep, that's the troll, Pinocchio.

>>> I must be getting electricity without doing that.
>> You quite sure you aren't one of those rocket scientist drunken
>> drug crazed pathetic excuses for a lying troll, Pinocchio ?

Re: defamation

<tfrtvi$o0j$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7341&group=aus.legal#7341

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 16:56:48 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:56 UTC

On 14/09/2022 2:09 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  Easy to change the date, fuckwit.
>
>> It's not possible to change the date of a file in Windows,
>
> Wrong, as always.

You cannot do it in the standard Windows interface.

>> which is  where the file is.
>
> Obvious lie with the original, Pinocchio.

The original on my phone would be even earlier, dumbo.

>>>  Wrong, as always, particularly if it isnt drawing any power.
>
>> The strata would not be happy with a cord being plugged in if it
>> weren't for official strata operations such as cleaning.
>
> Trivial to ensure that its only there for the photo take, fuckwit.

>>>  No one ever said you were getting the power to post it
>>> using that cord, fuckwit. You just had a photo to troll with.
>
>> You are suggesting I set up the scene of the cord plugged in and
>> running into my unit, just so that I could post it here?
>
> Yep, that's the troll, Pinocchio.

>>>  You quite sure you aren't one of those rocket scientist drunken
>>> drug crazed pathetic excuses for a lying troll, Pinocchio ?

Re: defamation

<op.1sg7tig5byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7343&group=aus.legal#7343

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 18:13:56 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:13 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> It's not possible to change the date of a file in Windows,

>> Wrong, as always.

> You cannot do it in the standard Windows interface.

Wrong, as always.

>>> which is where the file is.

>> Obvious lie with the original, Pinocchio.

> The original on my phone would be even earlier

Nope, dope.

>>> The strata would not be happy with a cord being plugged in if it
>>> weren't for official strata operations such as cleaning.
>> Trivial to ensure that its only there for the photo take, fuckwit.

>>> You are suggesting I set up the scene of the cord plugged in and
>>> running into my unit, just so that I could post it here?
>> Yep, that's the troll, Pinocchio.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: defamation