Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:36:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Trump’s_Next_Coup_Has_Already_Begun
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:36 UTC

"The prospect of this democratic collapse is not remote. People with the motive to make it happen are manufacturing the means. Given the opportunity, they will act. They are acting already.

Who or what will safeguard our constitutional order is not apparent today. It is not even apparent who will try. Democrats, big and small D, are not behaving as if they believe the threat is real. Some of them, including President Joe Biden, have taken passing rhetorical notice, but their attention wanders. They are making a grievous mistake.

“The democratic emergency is already here,” Richard L. Hasen, a professor of law and political science at UC Irvine, told me in late October. Hasen prides himself on a judicious temperament. Only a year ago he was cautioning me against hyperbole. Now he speaks matter-of-factly about the death of our body politic. “We face a serious risk that American democracy as we know it will come to an end in 2024,” he said, “but urgent action is not happening.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/

Re: Trump’s Next Coup Has Already Begun

<13142deb-de56-49d0-aab6-4153ef7630can@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7497&group=soc.culture.china#7497

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 08:51:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re:_Trump’s_Next_Coup_Has_Already_Begun
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:51 UTC

On Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8:37:01 AM UTC-8, ltlee1 wrote:
> "The prospect of this democratic collapse is not remote. People with the motive to make it happen are manufacturing the means. Given the opportunity, they will act. They are acting already.
>
> Who or what will safeguard our constitutional order is not apparent today.. It is not even apparent who will try. Democrats, big and small D, are not behaving as if they believe the threat is real. Some of them, including President Joe Biden, have taken passing rhetorical notice, but their attention wanders. They are making a grievous mistake.
>
> “The democratic emergency is already here,” Richard L. Hasen, a professor of law and political science at UC Irvine, told me in late October. Hasen prides himself on a judicious temperament. Only a year ago he was cautioning me against hyperbole. Now he speaks matter-of-factly about the death of our body politic. “We face a serious risk that American democracy as we know it will come to an end in 2024,” he said, “but urgent action is not happening.”"
>
> https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/01/january-6-insurrection-trump-coup-2024-election/620843/

Donald Trump is a "has been"!!! He's a joke!!! He's no threat to the nation. By 2024, no one will talk about him.