From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Subject: terror
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 20:53:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 20:53 UTC

October 12, 2023, 2:37 PM

Reports are circulating in the community of an attempted stabbing of
students in the vicinity of TanenbaumCHAT. We have spoken with Toronto
Police Service and with TanenbaumCHAT, and we are writing to update you.

Police have confirmed that some reports circulating are not accurate.
Police informed us that no one has been injured and no attempted stabbing
has taken place. Verbal threats were made and police are now on scene,
including Toronto Police Chief Myron Demkiw. An investigation of the
involved parties is currently underway, with possible charges pending.

Today’s incident underscores the importance of heightened vigilance,
preparedness, and rapid reporting. We are grateful that security staff at
TanenbaumCHAT quickly called 911 as per protocols and police responded
rapidly.

more:

https://www.jewishtoronto.com/news-media/update-on-gta-jewish-community-
security