One good turn asketh another. -- John Heywood

interests / rec.woodworking / Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

SubjectAuthor
* Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
|+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
|||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
|||+* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
|||`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
||| `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetLarry Mehl
|| `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||  +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||  `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
||   +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||   `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||    `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
||     +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
||     `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
||      `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetkrw
|+- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
|`- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
`* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
 +- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
 `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
  +* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinethubops
  |`- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03
  `* Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedsideLeon
   `- Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinetDerbyDad03

Pages:12
Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<c765a351-124c-4a12-bdfc-cd767dc812ebn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7462&group=rec.woodworking#7462

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 17:49:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet
From: slmehl...@gmail.com (Larry Mehl)
 by: Larry Mehl - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 00:49 UTC

Hello --
Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?

The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.

Thank you for any suggestions,

Larry Mehl

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<b581ehhharn4m53qtvi84gpjhmko2pivp6@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7463&group=rec.woodworking#7463

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 22:23:40 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 02:23 UTC

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 17:49:56 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
<slmehl420@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello --
>Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider
>for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
>The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
>Thank you for any suggestions,
>Larry Mehl

Check out all the possibilities at Lee Valley -
they have pretty good product descriptions and be sure to
read the detailed info link .. " Care and Use " pdf
for the dirty little details.

Just an example here :

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/hardware/slides/undermount/55143-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6235

John T.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<jaSdnd983OqkyXz_nZ2dnUU7-anNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7464&group=rec.woodworking#7464

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:05:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:05 UTC

On 7/26/2022 7:49 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
> Hello --
> Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
>
> The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
>
> Thank you for any suggestions,
>
> Larry Mehl

KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.

I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.

Keep in mind that soft close side mount are also fussy about fit. In
particular the soft close feature. And these soft close features, in
particular the plastic pin will wear over time and not actually engage
over time. That results in the drawer pulling closed but remaining
open slightly if the carcass side of the slide is flush with the front
if your cabinet.

Alternatively, if you are a business Hardware Resources have an
exclusive soft close side mount slide that uses a steel pin to pull the
drawer fully closed. You can search YouTube for Hardware Resources
soft close slides to see how theirs differ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s07xBw90nms

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<kYudnXLbx_PJynz_nZ2dnUU7-LWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7465&group=rec.woodworking#7465

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:18:44 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 15:18 UTC

On 7/27/2022 10:05 AM, Leon wrote:
> On 7/26/2022 7:49 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
>> Hello --
>> Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for
>> relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
>>
>> The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
>>
>> Thank you for any suggestions,
>>
>> Larry Mehl
>

> KV, G-Slide by KV,  Accuride, Hardware Resources.   These are side mount.
>
> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
> to hold as mucu weight.   And they are a bit more fussy to install.
>
> Keep in mind that soft close side mount are also fussy about fit.   In
> particular the soft close feature.  And these soft close features, in
> particular the plastic pin will wear over time and not actually engage
> over time.   That results in the drawer pulling closed but remaining
> open slightly if the carcass side of the slide is flush with the front
> if your cabinet.
>
> Alternatively, if you are a business Hardware Resources have an
> exclusive soft close side mount slide that uses a steel pin to pull the
> drawer fully closed.   You can search YouTube for Hardware Resources
> soft close slides to see how theirs differ.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s07xBw90nms

The link above is for a brand I have not been aware of but are VERY
reasonably priced and look a LOT LIKE Hardware Resources slides.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<212eb345-2095-4772-aa97-761bb6602711n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7467&group=rec.woodworking#7467

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:31 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 11:05:37 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 7/26/2022 7:49 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
> > Hello --
> > Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
> >
> > The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
> >
> > Thank you for any suggestions,
> >
> > Larry Mehl
> KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.
>
> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
> to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.

I have used the KV MUV (Swingman's favorite) undermount slides, rated at
100 lbs, with great satisfaction. Tall, wide drawers, 22" deep, filled with
ceramic and glass bowls. In my kitchen, they have performed better than the
KV G-slides that I used on the lighter-use drawers.

These are the drawers I recently put in my daughter's kitchen using the KV MUV's.

https://i.imgur.com/GHOKTJP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UdUTTvo.jpg

Yes, they make the build/install a little tougher, but if a relative novice like me can
get them right, there's hope for all. ;-)

Note to the OP:

I am aware that you do not need anything as beefy as the KV MUV's. I'm also guessing
that retrofitting your drawers to use the MUV's may not be possible due to the strict
installation requirements. To use the MUV's you basically have to build the drawers
to work with the slides. The drawer and slides become a "system". You don't just screw
them on to any given drawer.

OTOH, I stole the following from an old thread and I give Swingman credit for the idea. I
used his mounting method when I built new drawers for my stick built cabinets, where
the lack of interior side panels means you have nothing to attach side mount slides to
By building the "carrier" you don't need side walls. You can attach it to the face frame
and rear of the cabinet or set it on the existing wooden rails, like I did.

By using this method, I was able to make my drawers 4" deeper than the originals and
use full extension side, soft close, side mount slides.

https://i.imgur.com/PRioPSF.jpg

I hope that helps.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<5pu2ehtr6gk7o3uueb10trn0lip5e2gllv@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7468&group=rec.woodworking#7468

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 13:53:52 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:53 UTC

On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:31:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 11:05:37 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
>> On 7/26/2022 7:49 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
>> > Hello --
>> > Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
>> >
>> > The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
>> >
>> > Thank you for any suggestions,
>> >
>> > Larry Mehl
>> KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.
>>
>> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
>> to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.
>>

>I have used the KV MUV (Swingman's favorite) undermount slides, rated at
>100 lbs, with great satisfaction. Tall, wide drawers, 22" deep, filled with
>ceramic and glass bowls. In my kitchen, they have performed better than the
>KV G-slides that I used on the lighter-use drawers.
>
>These are the drawers I recently put in my daughter's kitchen using the KV MUV's.
>
>https://i.imgur.com/GHOKTJP.jpg
>
>https://i.imgur.com/UdUTTvo.jpg
>
>Yes, they make the build/install a little tougher, but if a relative novice like me can
>get them right, there's hope for all. ;-)
>
>Note to the OP:
>
>I am aware that you do not need anything as beefy as the KV MUV's. I'm also guessing
>that retrofitting your drawers to use the MUV's may not be possible due to the strict
>installation requirements. To use the MUV's you basically have to build the drawers
>to work with the slides. The drawer and slides become a "system". You don't just screw
>them on to any given drawer.
>
>OTOH, I stole the following from an old thread and I give Swingman credit for the idea. I
>used his mounting method when I built new drawers for my stick built cabinets, where
>the lack of interior side panels means you have nothing to attach side mount slides to
>By building the "carrier" you don't need side walls. You can attach it to the face frame
>and rear of the cabinet or set it on the existing wooden rails, like I did.
>
>By using this method, I was able to make my drawers 4" deeper than the originals and
>use full extension side, soft close, side mount slides.
>
>https://i.imgur.com/PRioPSF.jpg
>
>I hope that helps.

The Blum slides have optional " rear mount sockets " available
for face frame installations a few bucks per pair :

https://assets.leevalley.com/Original/10106/55143-standard-blum-slides-c-01-e.pdf

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/hardware/slides/slide-accessories/100365-rear-sockets-for-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6299

John T.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<MLWdnY80frWO4Xz_nZ2dnUU7-evNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7469&group=rec.woodworking#7469

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:55:31 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 17:55 UTC

On 7/27/2022 12:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 11:05:37 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
>> On 7/26/2022 7:49 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
>>> Hello --
>>> Can anyone recommend a brand and model of soft-close drawer slider for relatively light duty in a bedside cabinet with two 8-inch high drawers?
>>>
>>> The drawers are probably heavier than what they will contain.
>>>
>>> Thank you for any suggestions,
>>>
>>> Larry Mehl
>> KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.
>>
>> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
>> to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.
>>

> I have used the KV MUV (Swingman's favorite) undermount slides, rated at
> 100 lbs, with great satisfaction. Tall, wide drawers, 22" deep, filled with
> ceramic and glass bowls. In my kitchen, they have performed better than the
> KV G-slides that I used on the lighter-use drawers.
>
> These are the drawers I recently put in my daughter's kitchen using the KV MUV's.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/GHOKTJP.jpg
>
> https://i.imgur.com/UdUTTvo.jpg
>
> Yes, they make the build/install a little tougher, but if a relative novice like me can
> get them right, there's hope for all. ;-)
>
> Note to the OP:
>
> I am aware that you do not need anything as beefy as the KV MUV's. I'm also guessing
> that retrofitting your drawers to use the MUV's may not be possible due to the strict
> installation requirements. To use the MUV's you basically have to build the drawers
> to work with the slides. The drawer and slides become a "system". You don't just screw
> them on to any given drawer.
>
> OTOH, I stole the following from an old thread and I give Swingman credit for the idea. I
> used his mounting method when I built new drawers for my stick built cabinets, where
> the lack of interior side panels means you have nothing to attach side mount slides to
> By building the "carrier" you don't need side walls. You can attach it to the face frame
> and rear of the cabinet or set it on the existing wooden rails, like I did.
>
> By using this method, I was able to make my drawers 4" deeper than the originals and
> use full extension side, soft close, side mount slides.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/PRioPSF.jpg
>
> I hope that helps.

Those were the days, Swingman and I probably built 7~8 ketchens together.

These under mount slides that we installed were time consuming. And as
you stated the drawer has to be a certain size to work. I think the
newer version allow less clearance for the drawer sides, meaning the
drawers can bee deeper top to bottom.

BUT all drawers, regardless of the slide, should be built after the
cabinet is built and after you have purchased your slides.

Concerning Swingman's adaptation for FF slides drawers. I build a case
that holds multiple drawers, that can be slid in under the top drawer,
to use the bottom of the cabinet space. The beauty to my method is you
are only inside the cabinet to put 2 anchoring screws into the bottom of
the cabinet. All other work is on my bench top.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<22dfac87-6851-481a-9e14-db1850b4f08en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7470&group=rec.woodworking#7470

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 11:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 18:58 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 1:53:34 PM UTC-4, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 10:31:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
> <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:

> >> KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.
> >>
> >> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
> >> to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.
> >>

> >I have used the KV MUV (Swingman's favorite) undermount slides, rated at
> >100 lbs, with great satisfaction. Tall, wide drawers, 22" deep, filled with
> >ceramic and glass bowls. In my kitchen, they have performed better than the
> >KV G-slides that I used on the lighter-use drawers.
> >
> >These are the drawers I recently put in my daughter's kitchen using the KV MUV's.
> >
> >https://i.imgur.com/GHOKTJP.jpg
> >
> >https://i.imgur.com/UdUTTvo.jpg
> >
> >Yes, they make the build/install a little tougher, but if a relative novice like me can
> >get them right, there's hope for all. ;-)
> >
> >Note to the OP:
> >
> >I am aware that you do not need anything as beefy as the KV MUV's. I'm also guessing
> >that retrofitting your drawers to use the MUV's may not be possible due to the strict
> >installation requirements. To use the MUV's you basically have to build the drawers
> >to work with the slides. The drawer and slides become a "system". You don't just screw
> >them on to any given drawer.
> >
> >OTOH, I stole the following from an old thread and I give Swingman credit for the idea. I
> >used his mounting method when I built new drawers for my stick built cabinets, where
> >the lack of interior side panels means you have nothing to attach side mount slides to
> >By building the "carrier" you don't need side walls. You can attach it to the face frame
> >and rear of the cabinet or set it on the existing wooden rails, like I did.
> >
> >By using this method, I was able to make my drawers 4" deeper than the originals and
> >use full extension side, soft close, side mount slides.
> >
> >https://i.imgur.com/PRioPSF.jpg
> >
> >I hope that helps.
> The Blum slides have optional " rear mount sockets " available
> for face frame installations a few bucks per pair :
>
> https://assets.leevalley.com/Original/10106/55143-standard-blum-slides-c-01-e.pdf
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/hardware/slides/slide-accessories/100365-rear-sockets-for-standard-blum-slides?item=02K6299
>
> John T.

The KV's do also. In my case, there is no back to the stick built cabinets and I would have had
to mount the rear brackets to the plaster wall. PITA. Using the "carrier" made it much easier to
level and secure it since it's just one piece.

Working inside cabinets is hard enough, especially inside stick builts with the extra structure
and fixed shelves. Attaching 2 separate pieces to the back wall for 8 drawers would have been
tough. As Swingman notes, when using the carrier, you can test your fit on the bench and get it
working. However it acts on the bench is how it will act when installed. No inside the cabinet
tweaking required.

It's just a suggestion that has worked out well for others.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<5e2769e9-a6aa-4202-8796-efd8fdf8d3den@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7471&group=rec.woodworking#7471

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:08:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:08 UTC

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022 at 1:55:40 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 7/27/2022 12:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> KV, G-Slide by KV, Accuride, Hardware Resources. These are side mount.
> >>
> >> I never use under mount personally because they are normally not rated
> >> to hold as mucu weight. And they are a bit more fussy to install.
> >>

> > I have used the KV MUV (Swingman's favorite) undermount slides, rated at
> > 100 lbs, with great satisfaction. Tall, wide drawers, 22" deep, filled with
> > ceramic and glass bowls. In my kitchen, they have performed better than the
> > KV G-slides that I used on the lighter-use drawers.
> >
> > These are the drawers I recently put in my daughter's kitchen using the KV MUV's.
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/GHOKTJP.jpg
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/UdUTTvo.jpg
> >
> > Yes, they make the build/install a little tougher, but if a relative novice like me can
> > get them right, there's hope for all. ;-)
> >
> > Note to the OP:
> >
> > I am aware that you do not need anything as beefy as the KV MUV's. I'm also guessing
> > that retrofitting your drawers to use the MUV's may not be possible due to the strict
> > installation requirements. To use the MUV's you basically have to build the drawers
> > to work with the slides. The drawer and slides become a "system". You don't just screw
> > them on to any given drawer.
> >
> > OTOH, I stole the following from an old thread and I give Swingman credit for the idea. I
> > used his mounting method when I built new drawers for my stick built cabinets, where
> > the lack of interior side panels means you have nothing to attach side mount slides to
> > By building the "carrier" you don't need side walls. You can attach it to the face frame
> > and rear of the cabinet or set it on the existing wooden rails, like I did.
> >
> > By using this method, I was able to make my drawers 4" deeper than the originals and
> > use full extension side, soft close, side mount slides.
> >
> > https://i.imgur.com/PRioPSF.jpg
> >
> > I hope that helps.
> Those were the days, Swingman and I probably built 7~8 ketchens together.
>
> These under mount slides that we installed were time consuming. And as
> you stated the drawer has to be a certain size to work. I think the
> newer version allow less clearance for the drawer sides, meaning the
> drawers can bee deeper top to bottom.
>
> BUT all drawers, regardless of the slide, should be built after the
> cabinet is built and after you have purchased your slides.
>
> Concerning Swingman's adaptation for FF slides drawers. I build a case
> that holds multiple drawers, that can be slid in under the top drawer,
> to use the bottom of the cabinet space. The beauty to my method is you
> are only inside the cabinet to put 2 anchoring screws into the bottom of
> the cabinet. All other work is on my bench top.

Your drawer case sounds like a "bigger version" of Swingman's carrier. The
bench work aspect of both is what I like. However, if I'm picturing it correctly,
I don't think it would adapt very well for fixed shelf cabinets like mine. You'd
have to build 2, right?

Question: With the carrier, you can basically use the full width and height of
the rough opening assuming you can finagle the carrier into place so that
both rails are behind the face frame. If the case slips in through the rough opening,
don't you give up some height and width because of the case material itself?

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7489&group=rec.woodworking#7489

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:43:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 06:43 UTC

On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 11:40:23 PM UTC-4, slme...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 5:42:49 AM UTC-7, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:20:48 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
> > <slme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > >John T --
> > >[In a message I now can't find, you listed some side-mount mfgrs names]
> > >Thanks for the side-mount manufacturers names. That helps me.
> > >I was first attracted to KV 8450FM Full Extension Soft Close. But ... probably overkill for drawers holding bedside stuff!
> > >My bedside cabinets are yet to be built (not a retrofit).
> > >Sliders will attach to the insides of the case (not a face frame situation).
> > >The drawer boxes will be 1" smaller than the distance between the inside walls of each side.
> > >
> > You don't state the depth ie: slide length ;
> > If you're looking for side mount, ball bearing, self close,
> > - these come in 14 or 16 inch at Lee Valley
> > but other lengths in similar slides might be available elsewhere ?
> >
> > This link is USA site < previous under-mount example was Canada >
> >
> > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/112318-regular-extension-soft-closing-slides?item=02K4935
> >
> > It says that side clearance must be :
> > 1/2 inch + / - 1/32 / Zero
> >
> > These are more than double the cost of the Blum slides.
> >
> > John T.
> John --
> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> What do you and other readers think of the Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.

You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<4hf7eh9jbrj6925meg3fmh1unthg22srl9@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7490&group=rec.woodworking#7490

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 07:08:25 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:08 UTC

>> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
>> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
>> What do you and other readers think of the
>Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
>
>You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.

100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014

What is your price for the K&V ?
John T.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<ovecnbXLwuVHZ37_nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7491&group=rec.woodworking#7491

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:21:02 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:21 UTC

On 7/28/2022 10:40 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 5:42:49 AM UTC-7, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 20:20:48 -0700 (PDT), Larry Mehl
>> <slme...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> John T --
>>> [In a message I now can't find, you listed some side-mount mfgrs names]
>>> Thanks for the side-mount manufacturers names. That helps me.
>>> I was first attracted to KV 8450FM Full Extension Soft Close. But ... probably overkill for drawers holding bedside stuff!
>>> My bedside cabinets are yet to be built (not a retrofit).
>>> Sliders will attach to the insides of the case (not a face frame situation).
>>> The drawer boxes will be 1" smaller than the distance between the inside walls of each side.
>>>
>> You don't state the depth ie: slide length ;
>> If you're looking for side mount, ball bearing, self close,
>> - these come in 14 or 16 inch at Lee Valley
>> but other lengths in similar slides might be available elsewhere ?
>>
>> This link is USA site < previous under-mount example was Canada >
>>
>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/112318-regular-extension-soft-closing-slides?item=02K4935
>>
>> It says that side clearance must be :
>> 1/2 inch + / - 1/32 / Zero
>>
>> These are more than double the cost of the Blum slides.
>>
>> John T.
> John --
> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> What do you and other readers think of the Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.

KV has been around for quit a while. IIRC they have a life time
warranty. I would say you cannot go wrong with that brand.

BUT !!!! Replacement with any brand slide is the issue. You will
have to remove the slide to replace it. While that does not seem hard,
in many cases the slide was installed on a work bench with easy access.
Food for thought.

I will say that I have had no issues with any slides that do not have a
soft close feature.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<c4eabee3-2c41-4654-af46-fd942766df93n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7492&group=rec.woodworking#7492

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:32 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 7:08:07 AM UTC-4, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> >> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> >> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> >> What do you and other readers think of the
> >Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
> >
> >You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither..
> >
> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
>
> What is your price for the K&V ?
> John T.

Is it just about price?

The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.

$98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax

I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.

Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
and compare them side by side.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<U_2dnT40FfI9Y37_nZ2dnZfqn_vNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7493&group=rec.woodworking#7493

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:38:07 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:38 UTC

On 7/28/2022 10:43 PM, Larry Mehl wrote:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 6:56:30 AM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:

>>> John T --
>>> [In a message I now can't find, you listed some side-mount mfgrs names]
>>> Thanks for the side-mount manufacturers names. That helps me.
>>> I was first attracted to KV 8450FM Full Extension Soft Close. But ... probably overkill for drawers holding bedside stuff!
>>>
>>> My bedside cabinets are yet to be built (not a retrofit). Sliders will attach to the insides of the case (not a face frame situation). The drawer boxes will be 1" smaller than the distance between the inside walls of each side.
>> Since your cabinets have yet to be built, and assuming that you plan to
>> build them to last, I suggest that you look at price difference between a
>> basic (cheap) slide and a decent, quality slide from a known manufacturer.
>> The price difference may not significant enough based on what you get for
>> your money. (Careful - even the big guys have cheap slides, so it's not just
>> the name that matters. They want to participate at all price points.)
>>
>> Not only will the higher quality slides operate better right away and for a
>> longer time, consider the possibility that these cabinets may some day
>> have a different purpose - something that will mean more weight.
>>
>> As Leon and I both mentioned, buy your slides then build to them. Not all
>> slides mount the same way or require the same spacing.
>>
>> Good luck and post pictures.
> Good advice. We will build to the slide (and plan for some shims!).

OR non shims. My experience is that the slides tend to work better
with being a touch loose vs a touch tight.

THE IMPORTANT thing is to build square and parallel. You do not want
the slides to be wider or narrower, front or back than the opposite end.
that goes for both the carcass and the drawers.

My method is to build the carcass and install the complete slide on the
carcass, reinstall the drawer side of the slide after installing the
carcass side of the slide.

My drawer sides have rabbets on each end to receive the front and backs.
The fronts and backs simply fit into the rabbits on each side, it is
a plain square 90 degree cut for the front and back. Then groves to
receive the bottoms and a dry fit, with the bottom too.

Carry that to the cabinet and test the fit between the slides. JUST
TOUCHING is what you want, all the way back. You can wrap masking tape
around the drawer to hold the parts together.

Too loose, cut your front and back longer. Too tight, shorten your
front and back.

Use your first test cut drawer to sample every location that will
receive drawers.

After you have established the correct lengths for the front and backs
cut the remaining drawer front and backs for that cabinet.

After glue up of the drawers I reinforce the corners with Domino's on
the sides of the drawers through the rabbet. You can also reinforce the
corners with dowels. Cut long and cut off excess with a pull saw, or
multi tool.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<abb53175-565c-4207-9d62-4bb4d6b2a390n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7494&group=rec.woodworking#7494

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:41 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 7:08:07 AM UTC-4, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> >> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> >> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> >> What do you and other readers think of the
> >Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
> >
> >You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither..
> >
> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
>
> What is your price for the K&V ?
> John T.

Sorry, forgot to point out that the OP originally requested soft-close, so that's the
only KV I looked at. If he's changing his criteria, then a cheaper slide may work for him.
There's not much that can go wrong with a decent quality non-soft-close but as I said
earlier, I have no experience with the Lee Valley slides.

I always find it interesting when places use phrases like "this updated-design version".
"Updated" does not necessarily mean better.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<KlydnbHpSIcunXn_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7495&group=rec.woodworking#7495

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:46:28 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:46 UTC

On 7/29/2022 10:32 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
>>> Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
>>>
>>> You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
>>>
>> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
>>
>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
>>
>> What is your price for the K&V ?
>> John T.
>
> Is it just about price?
>
> The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
> like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.
>
> $98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax
>
> I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
> make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
> haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.
>
> Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
> and compare them side by side.

WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.

https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB

Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.

https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<472aec8a-b506-4ccf-b03f-54e7e59269afn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7496&group=rec.woodworking#7496

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:43:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:43 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11:46:38 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

> >> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
> >>
> >> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
> >>
> >> What is your price for the K&V ?
> >> John T.
> >
> > Is it just about price?
> >
> > The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
> > like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.
> >
> > $98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax
> >
> > I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
> > make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
> > haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.
> >
> > Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
> > and compare them side by side.
> >
> WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.
>
> https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB
>
> Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.
>
> https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp

I have purchased slides from WWH in the past. The example I've been using for
the OP are the KV 8450FM 14".

$98 with free shipping for 4 pairs on Amazon, $132 with shipping from WWH.

I can't seem to get to the Cornerstone site. Both your link and the same link
found via a Google search for Cornerstone don't work. I tried 2 different
devices, one on my WiFi, one not. Same error.

This site can’t be reached
www.cabinethardware.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<7871d1c4-d791-4f49-b8ea-f2ace57b39b2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7498&group=rec.woodworking#7498

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: slmehl...@gmail.com (Larry Mehl)
 by: Larry Mehl - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:07 UTC

On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 11:43:38 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 11:40:23 PM UTC-4, slme...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 5:42:49 AM UTC-7, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:

> > > You don't state the depth ie: slide length ;
> > > If you're looking for side mount, ball bearing, self close,
> > > - these come in 14 or 16 inch at Lee Valley
> > > but other lengths in similar slides might be available elsewhere ?
> > >
> > > This link is USA site < previous under-mount example was Canada >
> > >
> > > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/112318-regular-extension-soft-closing-slides?item=02K4935
> > >
> > > It says that side clearance must be :
> > > 1/2 inch + / - 1/32 / Zero
> > >
> > > These are more than double the cost of the Blum slides.
> > >
> > > John T.
> > John --
> > Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> > The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> > What do you and other readers think of the Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
> You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.

I changed my mind ... I now don't think soft close is important for a bedside table/cabinet.
My typo ... The DUR45B comes in a 14".

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<d3n8ehpia8jkhjelci2qrqsjc2bv5udvg0@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7499&group=rec.woodworking#7499

From: joegw...@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:17:46 -0400
References: <b581ehhharn4m53qtvi84gpjhmko2pivp6@4ax.com> <ff1ccddc-0ab9-495a-ab77-b4d01c177acan@googlegroups.com> <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <4hf7eh9jbrj6925meg3fmh1unthg22srl9@4ax.com> <c4eabee3-2c41-4654-af46-fd942766df93n@googlegroups.com> <KlydnbHpSIcunXn_nZ2dnZfqnPvNnZ2d@giganews.com> <472aec8a-b506-4ccf-b03f-54e7e59269afn@googlegroups.com>
 by: Joe Gwinn - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:17 UTC

..<https://www.cabinethardware.com/> worked for me.

Joe Gwinn

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<LYicnX28NYQsw3n_nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7500&group=rec.woodworking#7500

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:27:31 -0500
cabinet
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
 by: Leon - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:27 UTC

On 7/29/2022 12:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11:46:38 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

>>> Is it just about price?
>>>
>>> The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
>>> like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.
>>>
>>> $98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax
>>>
>>> I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
>>> make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
>>> haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.
>>>
>>> Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
>>> and compare them side by side.
>>>
>> WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.
>>
>> https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB
>>
>> Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.
>>
>> https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp
>
> I have purchased slides from WWH in the past. The example I've been using for
> the OP are the KV 8450FM 14".
>
> $98 with free shipping for 4 pairs on Amazon, $132 with shipping from WWH.
>
> I can't seem to get to the Cornerstone site. Both your link and the same link
> found via a Google search for Cornerstone don't work. I tried 2 different
> devices, one on my WiFi, one not. Same error.
>
> This site can’t be reached
> www.cabinethardware.com’s server IP address could not be found.

https://www.cabinethardware.com/

Past that google cornerstone Hardware.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<e176e1d7-7794-4517-8659-e27554280d4bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7502&group=rec.woodworking#7502

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: slmehl...@gmail.com (Larry Mehl)
 by: Larry Mehl - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:41 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 4:08:07 AM UTC-7, hub...@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> >> Thanks for the Lee Valley link.
> >> The slides will be 14" ... enough models to pick from.
> >> What do you and other readers think of the
> >Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
> >
> >You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither..
> >
> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
>
> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
>
> What is your price for the K&V ?
> John T.
Amazon has the
KVDUR45B14
for $6.44
https://smile.amazon.com/Knape-Vogt-KVDUR45B14-DuriSlide-Extension/dp/B08HJR7B4D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=24GOZEN2GX7Y0&keywords=drawer+slide+hardware+side+mount&qid=1656543070&refinements=p_89%3AKnape+%26+Vogt&rnid=2528832011&s=hi&sprefix=drawer+slider+hardware%2Caps%2C135&sr=1-2

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<cmo8ehpl4ajiihd5a4lei8u2gf1hf4ida3@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7503&group=rec.woodworking#7503

From: krw...@notreal.com
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
References: <c765a351-124c-4a12-bdfc-cd767dc812ebn@googlegroups.com> <b581ehhharn4m53qtvi84gpjhmko2pivp6@4ax.com> <ff1ccddc-0ab9-495a-ab77-b4d01c177acan@googlegroups.com> <spv4ehdh0mocjomshap3fp7821mf60j0mp@4ax.com> <e689cf18-4d80-493b-a1b6-92462dee3351n@googlegroups.com> <59bcc20f-666e-4430-952e-00d3a48cf47an@googlegroups.com> <4hf7eh9jbrj6925meg3fmh1unthg22srl9@4ax.com> <abb53175-565c-4207-9d62-4bb4d6b2a390n@googlegroups.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 18:45:37 -0400
 by: krw...@notreal.com - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:45 UTC

On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:41:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
<teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote:

>> >Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
>> >
>> >You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
>> >
>> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
>>
>> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
>>
>> What is your price for the K&V ?
>> John T.
>
>Sorry, forgot to point out that the OP originally requested soft-close, so that's the
>only KV I looked at. If he's changing his criteria, then a cheaper slide may work for him.
>There's not much that can go wrong with a decent quality non-soft-close but as I said
>earlier, I have no experience with the Lee Valley slides.
>
>I always find it interesting when places use phrases like "this updated-design version".
>"Updated" does not necessarily mean better.

Usually it means cheaper, but more expensive.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<8d90651c-053e-4aff-af05-513604edd40en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7504&group=rec.woodworking#7504

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:47:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:47 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 6:27:39 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 7/29/2022 12:43 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

> >> WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.
> >>
> >> https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB
> >>
> >> Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.
> >>
> >> https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp
> >
> > I have purchased slides from WWH in the past. The example I've been using for
> > the OP are the KV 8450FM 14".
> >
> > $98 with free shipping for 4 pairs on Amazon, $132 with shipping from WWH.
> >
> > I can't seem to get to the Cornerstone site. Both your link and the same link
> > found via a Google search for Cornerstone don't work. I tried 2 different
> > devices, one on my WiFi, one not. Same error.
> >
> > This site can’t be reached
> > www.cabinethardware.com’s server IP address could not be found.
> >
> https://www.cabinethardware.com/
>
> Past that google cornerstone Hardware.

I did, earlier. The link returned by the Google search (same link as yours) did not work,
but it is working now. It definitely wasn't working when I tried it at 1:43PM EST.

The same 2 devices (PC and smartphone) that presented the IP error earlier can both
access the website now. I know I haven't changed anything. Haven't even closed my
browsers.

They must have had a short term outage.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<712f601a-09cc-49df-9c06-e455e7bff9een@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7505&group=rec.woodworking#7505

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: slmehl...@gmail.com (Larry Mehl)
 by: Larry Mehl - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:47 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 8:46:38 AM UTC-7, Leon wrote:

> >> 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
> >>
> >> https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
> >>
> >> What is your price for the K&V ?
> >> John T.
> >
> > Is it just about price?
> >
> > The KV's, available from Amazon (and other sources) run ~$24, the Lee Valley's are ~$15. It sounds
> > like the OP needs 4 pairs, so both would be above the free shipping point.
> >
> > $98 for the KV's vs $60 for the LV's, before tax
> >
> > I know the KV's, I don't know the LV's. They call them "our slides" but I doubt they actually
> > make them, so tracking down the actual manufacturer might be difficult (might not be, I
> > haven't tried.) Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any reviews of the LV slides on their website.
> >
> > Since it looks like both offer free shipping and free returns (I think) I'd probably buy both
> > and compare them side by side.
> >
> WoodWorkers Hardware is a source for slides that I have used for decades.
>
> https://www.wwhardware.com/?_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aG6A0InEmwXO4IQ1HLvRaGdiiejFa_H-Xcz6hdkEjgzOPkSI5IQpQ4aAl0yEALw_wcB
>
> Along with Cornerstone hardware, a local distributor.
>
> https://www.cabinethardware.com/Default.asp
Thanks. There is an Amazon dealer named Woodworkers Hardware.

Re: Drawer slider, soft close, for light duty drawers in bedside cabinet

<05d0f81c-75c6-4864-b126-42faf264007dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7506&group=rec.woodworking#7506

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: teamarr...@eznet.net (DerbyDad03)
 by: DerbyDad03 - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 22:50 UTC

On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 6:41:27 PM UTC-4, slme...@gmail.com wrote:
> > >Knape and Vogt DUR45B 20 DuriSlide? It is quite cheap.
> > >
> > >You said you wanted soft close and 14”. The DUR45B 20 is neither.
> > >
> > 100 lb. 14 inch not-soft-close $ 15.20 / pair. US $.
> >
> > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/hardware/slides/side-mount/114054-100-lb-slides-31j32-series-full-extension?item=02K7014
> >
> > What is your price for the K&V ?
> > John T.
> Amazon has the
> KVDUR45B14
> for $6.44
> https://smile.amazon.com/Knape-Vogt-KVDUR45B14-DuriSlide-Extension/dp/B08HJR7B4D/ref=sr_1_2?crid=24GOZEN2GX7Y0&keywords=drawer+slide+hardware+side+mount&qid=1656543070&refinements=p_89%3AKnape+%26+Vogt&rnid=2528832011&s=hi&sprefix=drawer+slider+hardware%2Caps%2C135&sr=1-2

Hey, whatever floats your boat. I hope they work out for you.