Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:30:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: If Communist China goes to war with the U.S.A., why would it expect
to fare any better than the Qing Dynasty did in the Opium Wars with the
British Empire?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 18:30 UTC

Liu Zeyang
·
Follow
Lives in ChinaApr 17
If Communist China goes to war with the U.S.A., why would it expect to fare any better than the Qing Dynasty did in the Opium Wars with the British Empire?
You probably forgot that we “Communist China” had gone to war with the United States in 1950s.

Do you know this flag? It was the flag of 31st infantry regiment(US Army). Now it has been shown in the Military Museum of the Chinese People's Revolution for decades, after China's soldiers captured it in Korea during the Korean War.

And technically, we didn't go to war with just the United States. We went to war with every major power in the West then.

Before we went to war with the United States in Oct 1950, Five-star General Douglas MacArthur thought the U.S.A would win the war.

But America didn't.

So I think we can “expect to fare any better than the Qing Dynasty did in the Opium Wars with the British Empire”.