Ed Sullivan will be around as long as someone else has talent. -- Fred Allen

interests / rec.games.video.arcade.collecting / Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-Man

SubjectAuthor
* Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-ManSamantha Kus
`- Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-ManJohn Robertson

1
Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-Man

<a98e5b75-9079-4976-aef6-415307ba0748n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=75&group=rec.games.video.arcade.collecting#75

Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 22:17:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-Man
From: samantha...@gmail.com (Samantha Kus)
 by: Samantha Kus - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 05:17 UTC

omg

Re: "Perfect score" achieved on Pac-Man

<tvm788$23738$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=76&group=rec.games.video.arcade.collecting#76

From: jrr...@flippers.com (John Robertson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 00:18:32 -0700
 by: John Robertson - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 07:18 UTC

On 2023/03/24 10:17 p.m., Samantha Kus wrote:
> On Friday, July 23, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, marco vos wrote:
>> Here in The Netherlands, it was even FRONT-PAGE news on the biggest
>> newspaper of Holland:
>> The Telegraaf.
>>
>> Rhett James Barnes <cryor...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> I hadn't payed attention to this thread. But I at least felt that it was
>>> a safe assumption that the discussion and interest was pretty much
>>> confined to this group. And I guess I also assumed that it was some sort
>>> of historical event people were talking about; must have happened in 1982
>>> or so.
>>>
>>> But then yesterday my friend asked me, "Hey did you hear that some guy got
>>> a perfect score on Pac Man?" And the alarms went off. Seems they're
>>> trying to pass this off as NATIONAL NEWS. In 1999.
>>>
>>> I mean, you'd expect it here. Anyone reading this group is just a loser.
>>> [OK, reality check: How many gigantic, old, rickety, video-dinasuars do
>>> you have cluttering up your garage/basement/living-room, causing endless
>>> grief to the rest of your family? How many hours a day to you spend
>>> trying to keep these things alive, or trying to find new ones to waste
>>> your money on? Guilty as charged.]
>>> But this thing is actually a news item in the press. The world is clearly
>>> coming to an end.

>> was
>> the
>>>>
>>> [edit]
> omg
Old news, but archive.org has that twingalaxies web page archived here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20001022010903/https://www.twingalaxies.com/PR-Pac-Man_World_Record.html
John :-#)#
John's Jukes Ltd.
#7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com