"Hello again, Peabody here..." -- Mister Peabody

interests / alt.politics / The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

SubjectAuthor
* The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
+- The Republican State That Is a Democrat Cesspool: Alabama - More Than Half of AlAlleyCat
`* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
 `* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
  `* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
   +- Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabamaa322x1n
   `* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
    `* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
     `* Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman
      `- Re: The Republican Cesspool Called AlabamaBradley K. Sherman

1
The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sf9ant$e3c$1@panix3.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7640&group=alt.politics#7640

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama
Date: 14 Aug 2021 20:57:33 -0000
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 20:57 UTC

Not a good time to get sick in Alabama:

| Gov. Kay Ivey issued today what the governor's office
| called a "limited, narrowly-focused" state of emergency
| declaration that she said was intended to help hospitals
| and health care workers respond to the surging COVID-19
| pandemic.
| o The emergency order will allow out-of-state doctors,
| nurses, and pharmacists to practice in Alabama under
| expedited licenses or temporary permits.
|
| o It will allow hospitals to receive temporary waivers from
| the certificate of need process normally used for approving
| new services and facilities, a move intended to free up bed
| space for COVID-19 patients.
|
| o In the proclamation, Ivey said the pandemic could
| overwhelm the state's hospitals and health care personnel
| and undermine their ability to deliver care in the
| traditional and customary manner and standards of care.
| That means hospitals can follow alternative standards of
| care under emergency operations plans.
<https://www.al.com/news/2021/08/gov-kay-ivey-issues-limited-covid-19-emergency-order-no-statewide-mandates-closures.html>

--bks

The Republican State That Is a Democrat Cesspool: Alabama - More Than Half of Alabama COVID-19 Deaths Are Among Black

<MPG.3b823d1bae75574d98b272@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7678&group=alt.politics#7678

From: al...@aohell.com (AlleyCat)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: The Republican State That Is a Democrat Cesspool: Alabama - More Than Half of Alabama COVID-19 Deaths Are Among Black
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 21:51:13 -0500
 by: AlleyCat - Sun, 15 Aug 2021 02:51 UTC

On 14 Aug 2021 20:57:33 -0000, Bradley K. Sherman says...

> Not a good time to get sick in Alabama:

Not a good time to be in contact with Alabama Democrats.

=====

Black Community Tackles Vaccine Hesitancy In Alabama

RaShunda St George, of the Prime Care medical center, administers a dose of the
Moderna Covid-19 Vaccine for a patient in Tuskegee, Alabama, last month.

Local officials have worked to overcome Black fears...

=====

More Than Half of Alabama COVID-19 Deaths Are Among Black People

https://www.alreporter.com/2020/04/08/more-than-half-of-alabama-covid-19-
deaths-are-among-black-people/

More than half of the deaths so far in Alabama from COVID-19 have been among
black people, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health. Black
Alabamians make up only 27 percent of the state's population. New data released
Wednesday shows that the number of deaths among black people infected with
COVID-19 in Alabama is

=====

So Much For Blacks and Hispanics Following Covid Guidelines

Why Do Lying Liberals Keep Lying About WHITES And Republicans?

And if it's not the Vaccinations... it's The Mask Wearing, or Lack Thereof

So... you mean THESE people?, WHO, per capita, do NOT get vaccinations as much
as Whites?

=====

Florida's Black and Hispanic communities need more COVID Vaccines...

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/2021/02/02/floridas-black-and-hispanic-
communities-need-more-covid-vaccines-editorial/

Florida's Black and Hispanic communities need more COVID vaccines | Editorial.
.... Florida added 15,978 coronavirus cases, 213 deaths in the past week Jul. 3
News.

=====

Why Black And Latino People Still Lag On COVID Vaccines...
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/04/26/989962041/why-black-and-
latino-people-still-lag-on-covid-vaccines-and-how-to-fix-it
Apr 26, 2021
In Florida, for instance, Black people represent 16% of residents but only 8%
of those vaccinated. In Illinois, 17% of people who died from COVID-19 were
Black, but only 9% of those vaccinated are.

=====

Hispanics are being short-changed on Covid-19...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/blacks-hispanics-are-being-short-changed-
covid-19-vaccines-florida-n1259204

Blacks and Hispanics are being short-changed on Covid-19 vaccines in Florida
and elsewhere.

HOWEVER they're being "treated", Blacks and Hispanics are NOT making the effort
to GET vaccinated.

MOST Blacks and Hispanics live in urban areas, where there are an ABUNDANCE of
places you can get vaccinated.

=====

Black and Hispanic Texans are still... - The Texas Tribune

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/19/texas-vaccine-race-disparities/

As Texas expands COVID-19 vaccination eligibility, racial disparities persist
among Black, Hispanic residents. White Texans are being vaccinated at nearly
twice the rate of Hispanic Texans and...

=====

Black, Hispanic Floridians Make Up 40% of Florida's Population, Have Only
Received 13% of COVID-19 Vaccinations

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/black-hispanic-floridians-make-up-40-floridas-
population-have-only-received-13-covid-19-
vaccinations/REPLSF56QFATFFOWDN7IHRCW7A/

Black, Hispanic Floridians make up 40% of Florida's population, have only
received 13% of COVID-19 vaccinations February 10, 2021 at 6:37 pm EST By
Deanna Allbrittin, WFTV.com and Sarah Wilson...

=====

Florida's Black, Hispanic Communities Lag Behind In COVID-19 Vaccination Rates,
Data Shows

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021/04/29/floridas-black-hispanic-
communities-lag-behind-in-covid-19-vaccination-rates-data-shows/

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. - Statistics tell the story - people in Black and Hispanic
communities in Florida are getting vaccinated against COVID-19 in less numbers
than their Caucasian counterparts...

=====

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-
vaccinations-race-ethnicity/ Figure 2 shows the shares of COVID-19
vaccinations, cases, and deaths among Black, Hispanic, Asian, and White people.
The data also show the distribution of the total population by these groups
as...

=====

Hispanics Show 'Less Consistent Adherence' to Social Distancing, Mask-Wearing

Hispanics make up a high percentage of COVID-19 cases, are not wearing masks
and are not socially distancing as much as the rest of the population.

=====

Why Some People of Color Say They Won't Wear Masks

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/us/face-masks-ethnicity-coronavirus-cdc-
trnd/index.html

=====

Blacks And Hispanics Fear Wearing Masks In Public

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Statistics are showing a disproportionate number of African
Americans are getting sick and dying of coronavirus.

Still, some minorities say they don't want to wear masks in public.

=====

People of Color Won't Be Required to Wear Masks

LINCOLN COUNTY, Ore. - People of color are exempt from an Oregon county's mask
mandate over concerns about racial profiling.

So... they can spread Covid-19 because they don't HAVE to wear a mask, JUST to
keep them from being profiled?

=====

Covid's "Untold Story": Texas Blacks And Latinos Are Dying In The Prime of
Their Lives

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2020/12/19/covids-untold-story-texas-blacks-
and-latinos-are-dying-in-the-prime-of-their-lives/

Dec 19, 2020 - More than 4,200 Hispanics between ages 25 and 64 have died of
COVID in Texas. That works out to 74 deaths per 100,000 people. Meenwhile
(MoP), more than 1,100 whites in that age group have died, which...

=====

As COVID-19 Hammers Texas, Hispanic Residents Are Dying At The Highest Rate

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/covid-19-hammers-texas-hispanic-residents-
are-dying-highest-rate-n1235242

Texas Latino communities affected by COVID-19 due to pre-existing economic,
health inequities July 30, 2020 02:39 There are numerous reasons for the
disparities, experts say.

=====

Hispanic Residents Bear Brunt of COVID-19 In Texas

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/30/texas-coronavirus-hispanic/

Leonor Quiroz's husband, Valentin Quiroz, died of COVID-19 in May. Valentin
died May 23, leaving Leonor with more than $25,000 in out-of-pocket medical and
funeral expenses. "A lot of my Hispanic...

=====

Why has COVID-19 hit Latino communities so hard?

https://podcasts.la.utexas.edu/latinxperts/podcast/episode-017-why-has-covid-
19-hit-latino-communities-so-hard/

How a professor in Texas tracked the undercounting of COVID-19 cases among
Hispanics, and why the Rio Grande Valley is hard hit. Karma R. Chávez (she/her)
is associate professor and chair in the Department of Mexican American and
Latina/o Studies at the University of Texas at Austin | @queermigrations

=====

How the Covid Pandemic Affected U.S. Hispanics Over the...

https://www.texaslatinoconservatives.com/covid_pandemic_hispanics

by V. Lance Tarrance. Comments on a new report released July 15, 2021 by the
Pew Research Center. A very large study of Hispanics was recently conducted
(March 2021) which showed that Hispanics in the United States have been hit
very hard by the Covid-19 pandemic this past year, particularly with their
biggest hardships being losing jobs and work projects.

=====

Update: Coronavirus Case Rates and Death Rates for Latinos...

https://salud-america.org/coronavirus-case-rates-and-death-rates-for-latinos-
in-the-united-states/

Race/ethnicity data is available for 63% of the nation's cases. COVID-19-
associated hospitalizations are also higher among Latinos. States are also
experiencing Latino coronavirus case disparities: Utah is 14% Latino. But they
make up 20.3% of COVID-19 cases on July 5, 2021. Oregon is 13% Latino. But they
make up 23.2% of COVID-19 cases on...

=====

Texas studying COVID-19's uneven impact on communities of...

https://www.tmc.edu/news/2020/09/texas-studying-covid-19s-uneven-impact-on-
communities-of-color/

Houston's 2.3 million residents are 45 percent Hispanic or Latino, 25 percent
white non-Hispanic or Latino, 23 percent Black and 7 percent Asian. (Hispanic
is an ethnicity; therefore, Hispanics can be of any race.) More details about
local COVID-19 data can be found on Harris County Public Health's Harris
County/Houston COVID-19 dashboard.

=====

COVID-19 Kills Latinos At Disproportionate Rates - And The...

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/politics/immigration/2020/08/1
2/379623/covid-19-kills-growing-number-of-texas-latinos-at-disproportionate-
rates/

COVID-19 has taken the lives of a disproportionate amount of Latinos in Houston
and across Texas. Though Hispanics make up 40% of the statewide population,
they account for 52% of COVID-19 deaths...

=====

North Texas Hispanics Could be at Greatest Risk of Covid...

https://medium.com/@thinkingman/north-texas-hispanics-could-be-at-greatest-
risk-of-covid-19-f3d8bead4f8a

North Texas Hispanics Could be at Greatest Risk of Covid-19. Thinking Man. Mar
24, 2020...

Click here to read the complete article

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sfg7oe$kf1$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7903&group=alt.politics#7903

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Subject: Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:49:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:49 UTC

| MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The ongoing COVID-19 surge is
| pushing Montgomery hospitals to the brink.
|
| "We are experiencing a very significant patient overflow
| right now. It's unlike anything I've seen in my career,"
| said Ginger Henry, chief operating officer at Baptist
| Medical Center South.
|
| Henry called the high volume of both COVID-19 and
| non-COVID-19 patients being treated across the Baptist
| Health system as, "the most difficult thing I think we have
| faced yet."
|
| Henry said every intensive care unit bed across Baptist's
| three area hospitals are full.
|
| "We have patients who require ICU-level care that I can't
| get into an ICU bed, every day," Henry said.
<https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/17/this-is-crisis-icu-beds-full-across-baptist-health/>

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sflp4j$b5l$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7995&group=alt.politics#7995

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 14:16:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Thu, 19 Aug 2021 14:16 UTC

<https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/19/alabama-asks-federal-help-covid-hospitalizations-rise/>

| Alabama has no more I.C.U. beds available, the state
| authorities said.
<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/us/alabama-icu-shortage.html>

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sg0949$her$4@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8357&group=alt.politics#8357

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:51:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:51 UTC

| A federal team of health care workers has been deployed to
| a coastal Alabama hospital that is being 'crushed' with a
| surge of COVID-19 patients, the state health officer said
| Friday.
|
| State Health Officer Scott Harris said the U.S. Department
| of Health and Human Services is sending a task force team,
| that includes nurses, a doctor and others, to help at South
| Baldwin Regional Medical Center in Foley. Similar help had
| been sent to help in Louisiana and Mississippi.
<https://www.cbs42.com/news/health/coronavirus/federal-team-sent-to-alabama-hospital-crushed-with-virus-patients/>

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<XnsAD8F5D8D49137time2016cablelynxcom@85.12.62.249>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8361&group=alt.politics#8361

Followup: Fromthefrontlawnofherfriend'shouse,VickyZapatawentliveonFacebookrecentlyandburstintotears,praying.
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.atheism,alt.politics.trump,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.democrats
From: voi...@void.void (a322x1n)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:11:47 GMT
 by: a322x1n - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:11 UTC

bks@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman) wrote in

<https://tinyurl.com/4e3yy3pv>

> --bks

Thanks! Another excellent article.

Federal team sent to Alabama hospital �crushed� with virus patients.
by: Associated Press.
CDT.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) � A federal team of health care workers has been
deployed to a coastal Alabama hospital that is being �crushed� with a
surge of COVID-19 patients, the state health officer said Friday.

State Health Officer Scott Harris said the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services is sending a task force team, that includes nurses, a
doctor and others, to help at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center in
Foley. Similar help had been sent to help in Louisiana and Mississippi.

Pregnant South Alabama nurse, unborn baby die from COVID-19
Coastal areas have been particularly hard hit by the recent COVID-19
surge, and the team was sent to the area having the greatest need, state
health officials said.

Alabama is seeing a surge in COVID-19 cases that medical officials say
is being fueled by low vaccination rates and the highly contagious delta
variant.

Between July 19 and Aug. 19, Alabama went from having 500 COVID-19
patients in state hospitals to 2,764 people, including a record 50
children.

Though young and healthy, unvaccinated father dies of COVID
The state now has more patients receiving intensive care across the
state than there are designated intensive care beds in the state, the
Alabama Hospital Association said. While some hospitals have available
ICU beds, other areas are over capacity and have converted other beds to
intensive care.

�The biggest crush of patients we are seeing now is in the southern part
of the state, from Mobile to Dothan,� Harris said.

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sgd6cq$83o$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8630&group=alt.politics#8630

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:24:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 11:24 UTC

<https://www.ktbs.com/news/health/there-is-no-room-to-put-these-bodies-alabama-health-official-says-as-covid-19/article_48fdb22e-8a3a-5b2a-9fd3-6aeda645df7c.html>

| The Covid numbers are climbing, again, and the state's top
| health officer says health care workers are beyond
| frustrated.
|
| Dr. Scott Harris addressing the media Friday, with a much
| different tone than we have heard from the typically
| mild-mannered doctor in the past.
|
| "I don't know how much longer we are going to be able to do
| this," Harris said Friday.
|
| In Alabama, all of the numbers we watch for are trending
| the wrong direction, Harris said.
|
| The explosion of new cases, hospitals at their breaking
| point and an unvaccinated majority remaining just that:
| unprotected. It is fueled by the dangerous Delta variant.
|
| "We are in a crisis situation. We've said it over and over
| for several weeks. We need people to understand ... you're
| the person that can make a difference."
<https://www.waaytv.com/content/news/A-visibly-shaken-Alabama-health-officer-talks-Covid-surge-mobile-morgues--575187991.html>

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<sh579q$76n$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9224&group=alt.politics#9224

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 14:06:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Mon, 6 Sep 2021 14:06 UTC

> | 'There is no room to put these bodies,' Alabama health
> | official says as Covid-19 deaths climb

| The vast majority of Alabamians hospitalized with COVID-19,
| being cared for in ICU's and hooked to ventilators are
| unvaccinated. State hospitals on Sunday had a negative 92
| ICU beds, and more than half of the beds occupied were
| COVID-19 patients.
|
| Of the 2,713 people hospitalized with COVID-19 statewide on
| Sunday, 84 percent were unvaccinated, according to the
| Alabama Hospital Association.
|
| At UAB Hospital in Birmingham on Friday, 134 of 149
| COVID-19 patients were unvaccinated, or 89 percent. Of
| those patients who needed ICU care, 91 percent were
| unvaccinated, and the same percentage of the 49 COVID
| patients hooked to ventilators on Friday were unvaccinated.
<https://www.alreporter.com/2021/09/06/majority-of-alabamians-hospitalized-with-covid-19-on-ventilators-are-unvaccinated/>

(You can have negative ICU beds by repurposing regular hospital beds,
using equipment provided by the Feds.)

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<shjf5a$ip0$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9569&group=alt.politics#9569

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 23:46:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Sat, 11 Sep 2021 23:46 UTC

| Alabama man dies of cardiac event after 43 hospitals with
| full ICUs turned him away
<https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/09/10/cullman-al-man-dies-hospitals-full-icus-turn-away-covid/8281712002/>

--bks

Re: The Republican Cesspool Called Alabama

<si27gt$clv$2@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9872&group=alt.politics#9872

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:08:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 14:08 UTC

| Two Alabama YouTubers who became known for online resale
| tips and vaccine denialism have both died of COVID-19.
| Tristan Graham succumbed to the virus three weeks ago in
| Huntsville, and Dusty Graham died Thursday, according to
| the GoFundMe page operated by their children. In one of the
| final videos on their now-deleted channel, "We are ALIVE
| and still Reselling on eBay," the couple discussed why they
| would never get immunized. Dusty said, "I've got my own
| passport. It's called the 'Bill of Rights.' I think this
| will be all behind us in a couple of years."
<https://www.thedailybeast.com/alabama-pickers-youtuber-couple-hawking-resale-tips-vaccine-skepticism-both-die-of-covid>

--bks