From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
Subject: Quora - Why did Israel attack Palestinians in the Al-Aqsa Mosque
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 07:34:31 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:34 UTC

Profile photo for Michael Davison
Michael Davison
·
Follow
Lives in Israel (1969–present)9h ago
Why did Israel attack Palestinians in the Al-Aqsa Mosque on their holy
night?
Wow, someone has mistaken Hamas propaganda for the truth. As much as I
dislike Benjamin Netanyahu and am delighted that he is in the opposition
as of last night, this one’s not on him.

Hamas started this mini-war because of Mahmoud Abbas cancelling the
planned elections in the Palestinian Authority. What better way for
Hamas to show the Palestinian public that they are the real “heroes of
the resistance” than to throw some unguided rockets towards Jerusalem in
the hopes of killing a few Israelis with the claims that:

They’re “protesting” the eviction of Palestinian tenants from
Jewish-owned buildings in the Sheik Jarrah neighborhood due to years of
refusing to pay rent (at the behest of the Palestinian Authority, btw), and;
Making the same tired claim that “al-Aqsa is being attacked by the Jews”
a claim that has reliably caused riots and massacres of Jews in
Jerusalem for several hundred years.
Bogus “worshippers” came out of the mosque with Molotov cocktails and
rocks to attack the very policemen stationed in the Temple Mount
compound to prevent such claimed attacks.

What would one expect the Israeli government to do? Accept this threat
to its citizens without reacting?