From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Taco Bell Removes Quesalupa And Some People Are Upset
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 11:43:06 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Wed, 19 May 2021 18:43 UTC

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/372262

Another cheesy one bites the dust as Taco Bell fans are mourning the
removal of a cult-favorite menu item.
After making its long-awaited return earlier this year, the fast food
giant announced that the Quesalupa will no longer be available.
"Fans are encouraged to satisfy their Quesalupa craving before it
leaves Taco Bell's menu later this month," a spokesperson said.
But judging by internet outrage, it seems that the beloved crunchy
item has already been removed from the menu at Taco Bell locations
across the country.

"my life is over"
"This is a big loss"
"i'm crying on my way home from work"
"officially gone brb crying"
"I'm sick"
"I will be wearing black"

The quesalupa is half quesadilla, half chalupa - just like its name
would suggest - and consists of a chalupa shell stuffed with cheese
and wrapped around seasoned beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and of
course, more cheddar cheese.

It is not Mexican food, as Taco Bell does not sell Mexican food. By
1994, two years after their initial foray into Mexico, all of the Taco
Bell locations there were shuttered. Another reason why Mexicans were
never too keen on Taco Bell's menu is that the chain's food isn't
really Mexican food, and the names of their menu items reflect that.
PR director Rob Poetsch told Ad Age, "We're not trying to be authentic
Mexican food, so we're not competing with taquerias."

Read More:
https://www.mashed.com/234254/why-taco-bell-flopped-in-mexico/?utm_campaign=clip

Re: Taco Bell Removes Quesalupa And Some People Are Upset

<odGdnXzNIe3eZCz9nZ2dnUU7-YlQAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7688&group=alt.food.fast-food#7688

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 02:22:58 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Fri, 28 May 2021 07:22 UTC

"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
> https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/372262
>
> Another cheesy one bites the dust as Taco Bell fans are mourning the
> removal of a cult-favorite menu item.
> After making its long-awaited return earlier this year, the fast food
> giant announced that the Quesalupa will no longer be available.
> "Fans are encouraged to satisfy their Quesalupa craving before it
> leaves Taco Bell's menu later this month," a spokesperson said.
> But judging by internet outrage, it seems that the beloved crunchy
> item has already been removed from the menu at Taco Bell locations
> across the country.
>
> "my life is over"
> "This is a big loss"
> "i'm crying on my way home from work"
> "officially gone brb crying"
> "I'm sick"
> "I will be wearing black"
>
> The quesalupa is half quesadilla, half chalupa - just like its name
> would suggest - and consists of a chalupa shell stuffed with cheese
> and wrapped around seasoned beef, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and of
> course, more cheddar cheese.

I will never understand why fast-food restourant's discontnue extremely
popular item's. Except the Mcrib, which if it was permanently added to teh
menu probably woudn't be as popular. The whole "coming and going" deal
seems to work out for it. and people like it that way.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Taco Bell Removes Quesalupa And Some People Are Upset