From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.war.vietnam,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Subject: Youtube - The Truth about the Vietnam War (5 minutes 45 sec)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 16:21:23 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:21 UTC

you can go ahead and view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hqYGHZCJwk

The Truth about the Vietnam War (5 minutes 45 sec)
3,294,448 views•Jun 23, 2014

PragerU
2.92M subscribers
Did the United States win or lose the Vietnam War? We are taught that it
was a resounding loss for America, one that proves that intervening in
the affairs of other nations is usually misguided. The truth is that our
military won the war, but our politicians lost it. The Communists in
North Vietnam actually signed a peace treaty, effectively surrendering.
But the U.S. Congress didn't hold up its end of the bargain. In just
five minutes, learn the truth about who really lost the Vietnam War.
Donate today to PragerU! http://l.prageru.com/2ylo1Yt

Joining PragerU is free! Sign up now to get all our videos as soon as
they're released. http://prageru.com/signup

Download Pragerpedia on your iPhone or Android! Thousands of sources and
facts at your fingertips.

iPhone: http://l.prageru.com/2dlsnbG
Android: http://l.prageru.com/2dlsS5e

Join Prager United to get new swag every quarter, exclusive early access
to our videos, and an annual TownHall phone call with Dennis Prager!
http://l.prageru.com/2c9n6ys

Join PragerU's text list to have these videos, free merchandise
giveaways and breaking announcements sent directly to your phone!
https://optin.mobiniti.com/prageru

majority of script:

Script:

Decades back, in late 1972, South Vietnam and the United States were
winning the Vietnam War decisively by every conceivable measure. That's
not just my view. That was the view of our enemy, the North Vietnamese
government officials. Victory was apparent when President Nixon ordered
the U.S. Air Force to bomb industrial and military targets in Hanoi,
North Viet Nam's capital city, and in Haiphong, its major port city, and
we would stop the bombing if the North Vietnamese would attend the Paris
Peace Talks that they had left earlier. The North Vietnamese did go back
to the Paris Peace talks, and we did stop the bombing as promised.

On January the 23rd, 1973, President Nixon gave a speech to the nation
on primetime television announcing that the Paris Peace Accords had been
initialed by the United States, South Vietnam, North Vietnam, the Viet
Cong, and the Accords would be signed on the 27th. What the United
States and South Vietnam received in those accords was victory. At the
White House, it was called "VV Day," "Victory in Vietnam Day."

The U.S. backed up that victory with a simple pledge within the Paris
Peace Accords saying: should the South require any military hardware to
defend itself against any North Vietnam aggression we would provide
replacement aid to the South on a piece-by-piece, one-to-one
replacement, meaning a bullet for a bullet; a helicopter for a
helicopter, for all things lost -- replacement. The advance of
communist tyranny had been halted by those accords.

Then it all came apart. And It happened this way: In August of the
following year, 1974, President Nixon resigned his office as a result of
what became known as "Watergate." Three months after his resignation
came the November congressional elections and within them the Democrats
won a landslide victory for the new Congress and many of the members
used their new majority to de-fund the military aid the U.S. had
promised, piece for piece, breaking the commitment that we made to the
South Vietnamese in Paris to provide whatever military hardware the
South Vietnamese needed in case of aggression from the North. Put simply
and accurately, a majority of Democrats of the 94th Congress did not
keep the word of the United States.

On April the 10th of 1975, President Gerald Ford appealed directly to
those members of the congress in an evening Joint Session, televised to
the nation. In that speech he literally begged the Congress to keep the
word of the United States. But as President Ford delivered his speech,
many of the members of the Congress walked out of the chamber. Many of
them had an investment in America's failure in Vietnam. They had
participated in demonstrations against the war for many years. They
wouldn't give the aid.

For the complete script, visit https://www.prageru.com/videos/truth-...

Re: Youtube - The Truth about the Vietnam War (5 minutes 45 sec)

<sagk2m$rb2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=778&group=soc.history.war.misc#778

From: Vin...@Letuci.org (Vincent)
Newsgroups: alt.war.vietnam,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:58:33 -0500
 by: Vincent - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:58 UTC

On 6/16/2021 6:21 PM, a425couple wrote:
> [...]
> used their new majority to de-fund the military aid the U.S. had
> promised, piece for piece, breaking the commitment that we made to the
> South Vietnamese in Paris to provide whatever military hardware the
> South Vietnamese needed in case of aggression from the North. Put simply
> and accurately, a majority of Democrats of the 94th Congress did not
> keep the word of the United States.
>
> On April the 10th of 1975, President Gerald Ford appealed directly to
> those members of the congress in an evening Joint Session, televised to
> the nation.  In that speech he literally begged the Congress to keep the
> word of the United States.  But as President Ford delivered his speech,
> many of the members of the Congress walked out of the chamber. Many of
> them had an investment in America's failure in Vietnam. They had
> participated in demonstrations against the war for many years.  They

Pretty much the way I saw it happen. The Crooked War Profiteering
Democrats of the Johnson Administration got us into that war and were
not about to give up the profits. LBJ and his wife's Holdings(Brown &
Root) profited about $4 Billion personally. Today's estimate would be
Be close to $29 billion today. By the way American tax payers are still
maintaining and updating the Johnson ranch even now. All they had to do
to get all this Largess, was murder their our JFK! I wonder what the
profit goals of China Joe are? Or maybe he should be watching his 6:00
Oclock.