From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Is this for real?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:21:51 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 03:21 UTC

https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInqD_h_j8-gIVQn8rCh0TZAODEAAYASABEgLzGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: Is this for real?

<op.1umm5lrrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7758&group=aus.legal#7758

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Is this for real?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:40:23 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 03:40 UTC

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 14:21:51 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInqD_h_j8-gIVQn8rCh0TZAODEAAYASABEgLzGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yep, more govt bullshit.

Re: Is this for real?

<jrrqucFhnuiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7759&group=aus.legal#7759

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:21:32 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 04:21 UTC

On 26-Oct-22 2:21 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInqD_h_j8-gIVQn8rCh0TZAODEAAYASABEgLzGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Yes, it's real.

Now,

https://www.mygovid.gov.au/mygovid-terms-of-use-user

"By accessing or using the myGovID service, you agree to be bound by
these terms of use current at that time."

"To the extent permitted by law, the ATO:

provides each of those elements of the myGovID system ‘as is’ and
without charge.
gives no express or implied warranties or makes any representation
(and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all statutory
warranties) for each of those elements (including its availability,
security, performance or fitness for a particular purpose).
will not be liable for any loss or damage (including special,
indirect or consequential) arising from or in connection with any of
those elements of the myGovID system or its or their availability, use
or performance either directly or through a third-party provider."

Now, hold on a minute. Do you mean that if I use the service, thus
accepting the terms and conditions, and then SOMEONE ELSE compromises
the service and uses it defraud me, then you are not liable? Because
that's what it looks like.

Sylvia.

Re: Is this for real?

<op.1ump4zv3byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7760&group=aus.legal#7760

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:44:49 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 04:44 UTC

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:21:32 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

> On 26-Oct-22 2:21 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInqD_h_j8-gIVQn8rCh0TZAODEAAYASABEgLzGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>

> Yes, it's real.
>
> Now,
>
> https://www.mygovid.gov.au/mygovid-terms-of-use-user
>
> "By accessing or using the myGovID service, you agree to be bound by
> these terms of use current at that time."
>

> "To the extent permitted by law, the ATO:
>
> provides each of those elements of the myGovID system ‘as is’ and
> without charge.
> gives no express or implied warranties or makes any representation
> (and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all statutory
> warranties) for each of those elements (including its availability,
> security, performance or fitness for a particular purpose).
> will not be liable for any loss or damage (including special,
> indirect or consequential) arising from or in connection with any of
> those elements of the myGovID system or its or their availability, use
> or performance either directly or through a third-party provider."
>

> Now, hold on a minute. Do you mean that if I use the service, thus
> accepting the terms and conditions, and then SOMEONE ELSE compromises
> the service and uses it defraud me, then you are not liable? Because
> that's what it looks like.

Then you need new glasses, bad.

You can't waive your statutory rights, stupid.

Re: Is this for real?

<jrruhmFhnuiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7763&group=aus.legal#7763

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:23:02 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 05:23 UTC

On 26-Oct-22 3:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:21:32 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 26-Oct-22 2:21 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> https://www.abrs.gov.au/director-identification-number/apply-director-identification-number?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInqD_h_j8-gIVQn8rCh0TZAODEAAYASABEgLzGPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>>

>> Yes, it's real.
>>
>> Now,
>>
>> https://www.mygovid.gov.au/mygovid-terms-of-use-user
>>
>> "By accessing or using the myGovID service, you agree to be bound by
>> these terms of use current at that time."
>>

>> "To the extent permitted by law, the ATO:
>>
>>      provides each of those elements of the myGovID system ‘as is’ and
>> without charge.
>>      gives no express or implied warranties or makes any
>> representation (and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all
>> statutory warranties) for each of those elements (including its
>> availability, security, performance or fitness for a particular purpose).
>>      will not be liable for any loss or damage (including special,
>> indirect or consequential) arising from or in connection with any of
>> those elements of the myGovID system or its or their availability, use
>> or performance either directly or through a third-party provider."
>>

>> Now, hold on a minute. Do you mean that if I use the service, thus
>> accepting the terms and conditions, and then SOMEONE ELSE compromises
>> the service and uses it defraud me, then you are not liable? Because
>> that's what it looks like.
>
> Then you need new glasses, bad.
>
> You can't waive your statutory rights, stupid.

What statutory rights apply to the Government in this context?

Sylvia.

Re: Is this for real?

<op.1umtdrv0byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7764&group=aus.legal#7764

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:54:53 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 26 Oct 2022 05:54 UTC

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 16:23:02 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

> On 26-Oct-22 3:44 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:21:32 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes, it's real.
>>>
>>> Now,
>>>
>>> https://www.mygovid.gov.au/mygovid-terms-of-use-user
>>>
>>> "By accessing or using the myGovID service, you agree to be bound by
>>> these terms of use current at that time."
>>>

>>> "To the extent permitted by law, the ATO:
>>>
>>> provides each of those elements of the myGovID system ‘as is’ and
>>> without charge.
>>> gives no express or implied warranties or makes any
>>> representation (and to the full extent permitted by law excludes all
>>> statutory warranties) for each of those elements (including its
>>> availability, security, performance or fitness for a particular
>>> purpose).
>>> will not be liable for any loss or damage (including special,
>>> indirect or consequential) arising from or in connection with any of
>>> those elements of the myGovID system or its or their availability, use
>>> or performance either directly or through a third-party provider."
>>>

>>> Now, hold on a minute. Do you mean that if I use the service, thus
>>> accepting the terms and conditions, and then SOMEONE ELSE compromises
>>> the service and uses it defraud me, then you are not liable? Because
>>> that's what it looks like.

>> Then you need new glasses, bad.

>> You can't waive your statutory rights, stupid.

> What statutory rights apply to the Government in this context?

That the MyGovID has to provide what it claims to provide, stupid.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Is this for real?