Newsgroups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Last Starfighter Game pics (Want the game?)
From: mailk...@gmail.com (Steve Brown)
 by: Steve Brown - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:12 UTC

Le mardi 1 juin 1999 à 03:00:00 UTC+4, Neko a écrit :
> You know, a lot of people keep saying the game never existed - the ARCADE
> game, that is. While the following is not directly arcade-game related,
> please practice as much tolerance for my dissertation as possible, as I
> stroll down memory lane...
> I actually have a copy of The Last Starfighter for the Atari 8 bit computer.
> Got it 'way back just after the movie came out. The resemblance is there -
> as much as can be for a game from that era (no 3D accelerators back then,
> y'know). I thought it was a great game back then, and I still like to play
> it. Wiping out the entire Ko-Dan race while protecting the Rylans and the
> Rylos solar system is a nostalgia trip. And it takes you back to the time
> when genocide was an acceptable concept in games.
> Recently, I picked up an Atari 8 bit emulator called Atari800Win for Windows
> 95/98.
> It runs the game perfectly. Sound and graphics are all intact.
> You can download this emulator from
> http://www.concentric.net/~Twist/atari800win/
>
> If you want the game, you can find it using a net search. Or, if you have
> trouble finding it you can email me and I might be able to help you locate
> it.
> It's pretty fun - they did a lot considering all you use to play the game is
> a couple of keys on the keyboard and a one-button joystick.
> Back to ON topic articles...
>
> SmartPartl wrote in message
> <19990529213041...@ng-fh1.aol.com>...
> >The game never existed really.. Atari worked on the idea but dumped the
> idea
> >aftre Firefox dudded out. The cabinet in the movie is just a prop, not even
> >made by Atari. The "game" shown in the movie was created by Digital Corp..
> on a
> >Cray computer. Someone has a good web page about all this but I can't
> remember
> >who...
> >See ya!
> >
> >Paul !
> >Smartpa...@Aol.com
> >Visit my Aracde game collection web page!
> >http://members.aol.com/smartpartl/retro.html
> >--------------------------------------------------
> >Choplifter!/Dig Dug/Dracula/Frogger/Kangaroo/Playchoice/Popeye/Space
> Harrier

The great fraud that the French were no longer expecing !

The Duclert report is a disinformation operation: shameful, cowardly, repugnant, unworthy of France.

President Macron set up a commission of historians to deny the French complicity in the 1994 Rwandan genocide. After studying the archives related to the French involvement in the Rwandan pogrom, Vincent Duclert comes to this conclusion: France was not an accomplice in the Rwandan genocide of 1994. While scientists, who have also studied some archives, quickly discover the opposite.

France was an accomplice in the Rwandan genocide. Here is some evidence:

1. active support.

2. informed support. That is, support while the French government was informed about the course of the genocide.

3. support with an effect.

In the middle of a debacle, the evidence of complicity accumulates. The members of the interim government of Rwanda who orchestrated the genocide escaped thanks to the complicity of Paris.

Indeed, the Quai d'Orsay, irritated by the presence of members of the interim government in the Turquoise zone, ordered the soldiers to help them flee to Zaire.

During the genocide, contrary to what had been said, there were a few dozen French soldiers, two teams of mercenaries, that of Paul Barril and that of Bob Denard, as well as an intelligence service, on Rwandan territory.

In english :

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/-archives-show-french-complicity-in-rwandan-genocide-/2116673#

https://globalnews.ca/news/5137073/rwanda-genocide-photos-facts/

In french :