From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Arthur_Treacher’s_M
aking_a_Comeback,_F
or_Some_Reason
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 06:53:42 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:53 UTC

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/exclusives/nathans-plans-revive-fast-food-icon-arthur-treachers

Nathan’s Famous is no stranger to operating a legacy brand through the
ebbs and flows of fast-food trends.

But one thing Nathan’s hasn’t tried is adding a standalone brand that
doesn’t share architecture with its current portfolio. A concept that
competes and lives in a different category.

That’s about to change as Nathan’s attempts to revive one of
quick-service’s most memorable names.

The chain told QSR Wednesday it’s ready to relaunch Arthur Treacher’s
as a ghost kitchen concept, with plans, ultimately, to open
brick-and-mortar stores. “We think it absolutely has huge potential to
grow,” Walker says.

Arthur Treacher’s and its famed, yellow lantern-shaped sign, was
founded in Columbus, Ohio, in 1969 and once numbered as many as 826
locations in the U.S.

The brand was developed, in part, by Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas.
People often credit Arthur Treacher’s for bringing authentic-style
fish and chips to the American mainstream. In the 1960s, quick-service
fried fish was offered only in a handful of concepts, as shared in a
Smithsonian Magazine article. McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish was the
headliner. Yet fish and chips itself remained a United Kingdom draw.

The company made a fateful—and now arguably infamous—move when it
replaced the brand’s cod fillets with pollock. The decision saved
money, but, according to some, deteriorated Arthur Treacher’s core
equity and turned off loyal guests.

A ghost kitchen (also known as a delivery-only restaurant, virtual
kitchen, shadow kitchen, commissary kitchen, cloud kitchen or dark
kitchen) is a professional food preparation and cooking facility set
up for the preparation of delivery-only meals. Some ghost kitchens
have allowed takeout meals or included drive-throughs. They do not
include a storefront or indoor seating for customers. A ghost kitchen
differs from a virtual restaurant in that a ghost kitchen is not a
restaurant brand in itself and may contain kitchen space and
facilities for more than one restaurant brand

Re: Arthur Treacher’s Making a Comeback, For Some Reason

<s9iqc0$30t0$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7839&group=alt.food.fast-food#7839

From: ChadS...@NoSpineEver.com (ChadSock The Dancing Hippo)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Arthur Treacher’s Making a Comeback, For
Some Reason
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:41:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: ChadSock The Dancing - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:41 UTC

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 06:53:42 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude wrote:

> https://www.qsrmagazine.com/exclusives/nathans-plans-revive-fast-food-
icon-arthur-treachers

> Nathan’s Famous is no stranger to operating a legacy brand through the
> ebbs and flows of fast-food trends.
>
> But one thing Nathan’s hasn’t tried is adding a standalone brand that
> doesn’t share architecture with its current portfolio. A concept that
> competes and lives in a different category.
>
> That’s about to change as Nathan’s attempts to revive one of
> quick-service’s most memorable names.
>
> The chain told QSR Wednesday it’s ready to relaunch Arthur Treacher’s as
> a ghost kitchen concept, with plans, ultimately, to open
> brick-and-mortar stores. “We think it absolutely has huge potential to
> grow,” Walker says.
>
> Arthur Treacher’s and its famed, yellow lantern-shaped sign, was founded
> in Columbus, Ohio, in 1969 and once numbered as many as 826 locations in
> the U.S.
>
> The brand was developed, in part, by Wendy’s founder Dave Thomas.
> People often credit Arthur Treacher’s for bringing authentic-style fish
> and chips to the American mainstream. In the 1960s, quick-service fried
> fish was offered only in a handful of concepts, as shared in a
> Smithsonian Magazine article. McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish was the headliner.
> Yet fish and chips itself remained a United Kingdom draw.
>
> The company made a fateful—and now arguably infamous—move when it
> replaced the brand’s cod fillets with pollock. The decision saved money,
> but, according to some, deteriorated Arthur Treacher’s core equity and
> turned off loyal guests.
>
> A ghost kitchen (also known as a delivery-only restaurant, virtual
> kitchen, shadow kitchen, commissary kitchen, cloud kitchen or dark
> kitchen) is a professional food preparation and cooking facility set up
> for the preparation of delivery-only meals. Some ghost kitchens have
> allowed takeout meals or included drive-throughs. They do not include a
> storefront or indoor seating for customers. A ghost kitchen differs from
> a virtual restaurant in that a ghost kitchen is not a restaurant brand
> in itself and may contain kitchen space and facilities for more than one
> restaurant brand

Delivery adds no value to me. But some lardass like Jenny may see this as
a good thing if they can cry that it's not fast food for several posts.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Arthur Treacher’s Making a Comeback, For Some Reason