Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 13:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: 2007 Bize SLB 1er
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 29 Apr 2021 20:03 UTC

With grilled ribeye (late decision, from freezer, so did sous vide straight from frozen, worked well), grilled squash, broccoli rabe, and salad, the 2007 Simon Bize “aux Vergelesses”- Savigny-les-Beaune 1er. There’s still some structure here, but with air drinking really quite well. Snappy acids, perceptible but integrated tannin, fairly plush fruit. Reddish (cherry, raspberry) fruit, some earth tones, hint of cocoa. Smoky note as it evolves. In a nice place, but no hurry, but think my last of these- sad. B++

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.