Who's scruffy-looking? -- Han Solo

interests / soc.culture.polish / Jak uratowac sciepe?

SubjectAuthor
* Jak uratowac sciepe?Zalek Bloom
`* Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?andal
 +* Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?Zalek Bloom
 |`- Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?andal
 `* Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?Zexon🇵🇱
  +* Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?andal
  |`- Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?andal
  `* Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?Wieslaw
   `- Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?andal

1
Jak uratowac sciepe?

<7a43b729-1a7e-4c52-aa87-c0d9bd4ad19en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79171&group=soc.culture.polish#79171

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Jak uratowac sciepe?
From: zalekbl...@gmail.com (Zalek Bloom)
 by: Zalek Bloom - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 21:17 UTC

Poniewaz sciepa z Najlepszej Polskiej Grupy o Zydach przeszla metamorfoze na Najlepsza Polska Grupe o Ukraincach - ja nie jestem zainteresowany w zrobieniu takiego serwera, a z ciekawosci spytalem AI jak mozna taki serwer zobic.

zalek: In February Google remove support for google groups. I read that the software to run server for newsgroups is open source. What do I need to create a private server to create newsgroups?

AI Bard: While it's true that Google Groups discontinued its NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol) service in February 2022, setting up your own private newsgroup server can be more complex than initially expected. Here's a breakdown of what you'd need to consider:

Software:
Open-source NNTP server: Several options exist, like INN2, Newsd, and Diablo. Each has its own strengths and complexities. Choose one that suits your technical expertise and desired features.
Additional software: Depending on your server setup, you might need a web server, database, and authentication tools.
Hardware:
Server: Dedicated server or VPS (Virtual Private Server) with sufficient RAM, CPU, and storage space. The specific requirements depend on the expected user base and activity.
Backup storage: Consider redundancy for data loss prevention. External drives or cloud storage offer additional protection.
Technical knowledge:

Linux administration: Setting up and managing an NNTP server requires familiarity with Linux and command-line tools.
Security: Securing your server is crucial to prevent unauthorized access and ensure data privacy. This involves firewall configuration, user authentication, and regular updates.
NNTP protocols and configuration: Understanding how NNTP works and configuring your server accordingly is essential for smooth operation.
Additional points:

Maintenance: Running a private server requires ongoing maintenance, including software updates, backups, and monitoring server health.
Cost: While software might be open-source, hardware, bandwidth, and electricity will generate ongoing costs.
Legality: Ensure your content and usage comply with relevant laws and regulations.
Alternatives:

Before embarking on self-hosting, consider alternatives like:

Discord or Slack: They offer similar online forum functionalities with greater ease of setup and management.
Private forum hosting services: Several specialized services provide hosted private forums with a user-friendly interface and managed infrastructure.
Ultimately, setting up a private newsgroup server can be a rewarding technical challenge, but it requires significant technical expertise and ongoing commitment. Weigh the complexity against your needs and explore alternative options before embarking on this project.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ult1qa$6ta8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79172&group=soc.culture.polish#79172

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Subject: Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 21:26:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 21:26 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:

> Linux administration: Setting up and managing an NNTP server requires
> familiarity with Linux and command-line tools.
> Security: Securing your server is crucial to prevent unauthorized access
> and ensure data privacy. This involves firewall configuration, user
> authentication, and regular updates.
> NNTP protocols and configuration: Understanding how NNTP works and
> configuring your server accordingly is essential for smooth operation.

widzisz ośle, szczekałeś na Linux a bez niego ani rusz

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<b5f191e7-03a4-4af5-b7c3-19b730bda8c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79176&group=soc.culture.polish#79176

Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:51:05 -0800 (PST)
From: zalekbl...@gmail.com (Zalek Bloom)
 by: Zalek Bloom - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 21:51 UTC

On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 4:26:37 PM UTC-5, andal wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:
>

> > Linux administration: Setting up and managing an NNTP server requires
> > familiarity with Linux and command-line tools.
> > Security: Securing your server is crucial to prevent unauthorized access
> > and ensure data privacy. This involves firewall configuration, user
> > authentication, and regular updates.
> > NNTP protocols and configuration: Understanding how NNTP works and
> > configuring your server accordingly is essential for smooth operation.
> >
> widzisz ośle, szczekałeś na Linux a bez niego ani rusz

Widze Drogi Ormowcu ze cierpisz na zwidy - nigdy nie szczekalem na Linuxa, ale przed Ubuntu trudno bylo 'to upgrade' rozne programy. Gdy probowalem otrzymywalem wiadomosc ze aby zrobic upgrade jaiegos programu nalezy najpierw zrobic upgrade library A, ale aby zrobic upgrade library A nalezy zrobic upgrade library B, a ze by zrobic upgrade library B nalezy zrobic...etc.
Ubuntu rozwiazal ten problem, ale w miedzyczasie zaczalem prace gdzie uzywano Win i wiele programow jakie uzywalem w wersji Win sa bardziej popularne niz w Linuxie. Oprocz tego wiecej osob zna Win niz Linuxa, i gdy sa problemy latwiej otrzymac internetowe porady.
No i zaleta Win (dla programistow) jest Visual Studio i Visual Studio Code. Mam laptop z dual boot - Win, Linux, ale rzadko uzywam Linuxa.

zalek

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ult42e$7cs7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79178&group=soc.culture.polish#79178

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:05:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:05 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:51:05 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:

> On Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 4:26:37 PM UTC-5, andal wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:
>>

>> > Linux administration: Setting up and managing an NNTP server requires
>> > familiarity with Linux and command-line tools.
>> > Security: Securing your server is crucial to prevent unauthorized
>> > access and ensure data privacy. This involves firewall configuration,
>> > user authentication, and regular updates.
>> > NNTP protocols and configuration: Understanding how NNTP works and
>> > configuring your server accordingly is essential for smooth
>> > operation.
>> >
>> widzisz ośle, szczekałeś na Linux a bez niego ani rusz
>>

> Widze Drogi Ormowcu ze cierpisz na zwidy - nigdy nie szczekalem na
> Linuxa, ale przed Ubuntu trudno bylo 'to upgrade' rozne programy. Gdy
> probowalem otrzymywalem wiadomosc ze aby zrobic upgrade jaiegos programu
> nalezy najpierw zrobic upgrade library A, ale aby zrobic upgrade library
> A nalezy zrobic upgrade library B, a ze by zrobic upgrade library B
> nalezy zrobic...etc.
> Ubuntu rozwiazal ten problem, ale w miedzyczasie zaczalem prace gdzie
> uzywano Win i wiele programow jakie uzywalem w wersji Win sa bardziej
> popularne niz w Linuxie. Oprocz tego wiecej osob zna Win niz Linuxa, i
> gdy sa problemy latwiej otrzymac internetowe porady.
> No i zaleta Win (dla programistow) jest Visual Studio i Visual Studio
> Code. Mam laptop z dual boot - Win, Linux, ale rzadko uzywam Linuxa.
>
> zalek

Wasner, Drogi Bracie, I am sorry !

to bylo kierowane do tego osla a a

starzeje sie, ruchy nieskoordynowane i kliknalem pod zlym adresem

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ult6d2$7og2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79182&group=soc.culture.polish#79182

From: Zex...@hotmail.com (Zexon🇵🇱)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 15:44:49 -0700
 by: Zexon🇵🇱 - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:44 UTC

On 12/19/2023 14:26, andal wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:
>

>> Linux administration: Setting up and managing an NNTP server requires
>> familiarity with Linux and command-line tools.
>> Security: Securing your server is crucial to prevent unauthorized access
>> and ensure data privacy. This involves firewall configuration, user
>> authentication, and regular updates.
>> NNTP protocols and configuration: Understanding how NNTP works and
>> configuring your server accordingly is essential for smooth operation.
>>

> widzisz ośle, szczekałeś na Linux a bez niego ani rusz
"Microsoft recently released Exchange Server 5.0. Known as the Protocol release, version 5.0
includes support for several standard protocols, such as Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Post
Office Protocol 3 (POP3), HTTP, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP). Previous articles
have discussed using various protocols with Exchange Server (for information about POP3 support in
Exchange Server, see my article, "POP3," March 1997; for information about LDAP and SMTP support,
see Tony Redmond, "Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Smoothes the Rough Edges," April 1997). In addition
to supporting these protocols, Exchange Server now supports Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
through the Exchange Internet News Server (INS). INS lets Exchange administrators pull USENET
newsfeeds into Exchange Public Folders and lets users access these Public Folders through the NNTP
protocol. The administrator can also arrange to push Public Folder data to other USENET news servers."
https://www.itprotoday.com/email-and-calendaring/using-microsofts-internet-news-server

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ulth35$920c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79185&group=soc.culture.polish#79185

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 01:47:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 01:47 UTC

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:15:26 -0800 (PST), a a wrote:

> On Tuesday 19 December 2023 at 23:44:52 UTC+1, Zexon🇵🇱 wrote:

>> > widzisz ośle, szczekałeś na Linux a bez niego ani rusz
>> "Microsoft recently released Exchange Server 5.0. Known as the Protocol
>> release, version 5.0 includes support for several standard protocols,
>> such as Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Post Office Protocol 3
>> (POP3), HTTP, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
>> Previous articles have discussed using various protocols with Exchange
>> Server (for information about POP3 support in Exchange Server, see my
>> article, "POP3," March 1997; for information about LDAP and SMTP
>> support,
>> see Tony Redmond, "Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Smoothes the Rough
>> Edges," April 1997). In addition to supporting these protocols,
>> Exchange Server now supports Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)
>> through the Exchange Internet News Server (INS). INS lets Exchange
>> administrators pull USENET newsfeeds into Exchange Public Folders and
>> lets users access these Public Folders through the NNTP protocol. The
>> administrator can also arrange to push Public Folder data to other
>> USENET news servers."
>> https://www.itprotoday.com/email-and-calendaring/using-microsofts-
internet-news-server

> wszystko to tekst reklamowy,
>
> ale czy ten server NNTP wspiera moderowanie grup usenetowych ?
>
> ręczne czy automatyczne
>
> czy wspiera filtry, czy jest inteligentny ?
>
> Przecież jak się wejdzie na grupę Python to tam siedzą developerzy, a
> spamu wymoderować nie potrafią
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.python
>
> A to prosta decyzja.
> Wszystkie spamowe usenetowe google groups zmieniają status na
> moderowane,
> ręcznie, czy automatycznie i nie przyjmują i nie rozsiewają spamu bo
> filtrują i wycinają spamowe servery usenetowe i kumaty Zenek to robi w
> 1. dzień
>
> Ale widać góglarkowe ludzie niekumate

ośle!,na co szczekasz tym razem ?

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ulu4i0$5e5u$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79188&group=soc.culture.polish#79188

From: addr...@is.invalid (Wieslaw)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 00:19:27 -0700
 by: Wieslaw - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 07:19 UTC

a a pisze:
> On Tuesday 19 December 2023 at 23:44:52 UTC+1, Zexon🇵🇱 wrote:
>> On 12/19/2023 14:26, andal wrote:
>>> On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:19 -0800 (PST), Zalek Bloom wrote:
>>>

> czy wspiera filtry, czy jest inteligentny ?
>
> Przecież jak się wejdzie na grupę Python
> to tam siedzą developerzy, a spamu wymoderować nie potrafią
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.python
>
> A to prosta decyzja.
> Wszystkie spamowe usenetowe google groups zmieniają status na moderowane,
> ręcznie, czy automatycznie i nie przyjmują i nie rozsiewają spamu bo filtrują i wycinają spamowe servery usenetowe
> i kumaty Zenek to robi w 1. dzień
>
> Ale widać góglarkowe ludzie niekumate

Prawie każdy czytnik grup niusowych posiada wbudowany filtr.
Jam mam p.s.polityka i s.c.polish czyściutkie.

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<ulusnp$j462$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79196&group=soc.culture.polish#79196

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:12:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: andal - Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:12 UTC

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 04:11:23 -0800 (PST), a a wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 December 2023 at 02:47:20 UTC+1, andal wrote:

>> internet-news-server
>> >

>> > wszystko to tekst reklamowy,
>> >
>> > ale czy ten server NNTP wspiera moderowanie grup usenetowych ?
>> >
>> > ręczne czy automatyczne
>> >
>> > czy wspiera filtry, czy jest inteligentny ?
>> >
>> > Przecież jak się wejdzie na grupę Python to tam siedzą developerzy, a
>> > spamu wymoderować nie potrafią
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.python
>> >
>> > A to prosta decyzja.
>> > Wszystkie spamowe usenetowe google groups zmieniają status na
>> > moderowane,
>> > ręcznie, czy automatycznie i nie przyjmują i nie rozsiewają spamu bo
>> > filtrują i wycinają spamowe servery usenetowe i kumaty Zenek to robi
>> > w 1. dzień
>> >
>> > Ale widać góglarkowe ludzie niekumate
> goowna żresz, goowna srasz, goownami szczekasz
> i tak całe życie

*spierdalaj kitajcu*

Re: Jak uratowac sciepe?

<uluspa$j462$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=79197&group=soc.culture.polish#79197

From: and...@andal.org (andal)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:12:58 -0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2023 00:19:27 -0700, Wieslaw wrote:

> a a pisze:
>>>>

>> czy wspiera filtry, czy jest inteligentny ?
>>
>> Przecież jak się wejdzie na grupę Python to tam siedzą developerzy, a
>> spamu wymoderować nie potrafią
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.python
>>
>> A to prosta decyzja.
>> Wszystkie spamowe usenetowe google groups zmieniają status na
>> moderowane,
>> ręcznie, czy automatycznie i nie przyjmują i nie rozsiewają spamu bo
>> filtrują i wycinają spamowe servery usenetowe i kumaty Zenek to robi w
>> 1. dzień
>>
>> Ale widać góglarkowe ludzie niekumate
>>

> Prawie każdy czytnik grup niusowych posiada wbudowany filtr.
> Jam mam p.s.polityka i s.c.polish czyściutkie.

ale a a to jest moron !