Do not worry about which side your bread is buttered on: you eat BOTH sides.

interests / rec.crafts.brewing / Re: Cleaning bottles after use

SubjectAuthor
* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
+* Cleaning bottles after useDaiTengu
|`- Cleaning bottles after useBob F
`* Cleaning bottles after useBaloonon
 `* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
  `* Cleaning bottles after useBob F
   `* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
    `* Cleaning bottles after useBob F
     `* Cleaning bottles after useBob F
      `* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
       `* Cleaning bottles after useBob F
        `* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
         +- Cleaning bottles after useBob F
         `* Cleaning bottles after useBaloonon
          `* Cleaning bottles after useJoerg
           `* Cleaning bottles after useBaloonon
            `- Cleaning bottles after useJoerg

1
Cleaning bottles after use

<id6ci1F3s1eU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1&group=rec.crafts.brewing#1

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Subject: Cleaning bottles after use
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 11:38:56 -0700
 by: Joerg - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:38 UTC

After a bottle is emptied I rinse it, sprinkle a few granules of
dishwaser machine powder in there, add a thimble of boiling water,
shake, then let the bottle sit for a few hours. Later before going to
bed I wash and rinse with cold water and scrub the outside with
dishwashing liquid. This method kept things very clean. Until recently.

Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle brush
doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher powder but it
seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as it used to be.

Does anyone know a better alternative?

I know PBW will get it off because that's what I use on all bottles that
need a 2nd cleaning. However, PBW is a bit expensive for such a frequent
job.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Cleaning bottles after use

<606E5FA9.1383.unet-reccbrew@warensemble.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2&group=rec.crafts.brewing#2

From: daite...@warensemble.com.remove-125f-this (DaiTengu)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:43:05 -0500
 by: DaiTengu - Thu, 8 Apr 2021 01:43 UTC

To: Joerg
Re: Cleaning bottles after use
By: Joerg to rec.crafts.brewing on Wed Apr 07 2021 11:38 am

Jo> After a bottle is emptied I rinse it, sprinkle a few granules of
Jo> dishwaser machine powder in there, add a thimble of boiling water,
Jo> shake, then let the bottle sit for a few hours. Later before going to
Jo> bed I wash and rinse with cold water and scrub the outside with
Jo> dishwashing liquid. This method kept things very clean. Until recently.

Jo> Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle brush
Jo> doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher powder but it
Jo> seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as it used to be.

Jo> Does anyone know a better alternative?

Have you tried white vinegar? I've honestly never had this issue (but I moved quickly from bottling to kegging when I started brewing, because I _HATE_ filling bottles), but if PBW takes it out, I'm guessing a little white vinegar in the bottom of the bottle overnight will probably take care of it, too.

DaiTengu

.... There is much to be said for failure. It is more interesting than success
--- Synchronet 3.18c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
* War Ensemble BBS - Appleton, WI - telnet://warensemble.com

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s4qi34$unc$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=3&group=rec.crafts.brewing#3

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Subject: Re: Cleaning bottles after use
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 14:48:20 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 9 Apr 2021 21:48 UTC

On 4/7/2021 6:43 PM, DaiTengu wrote:
> To: Joerg
> Re: Cleaning bottles after use
> By: Joerg to rec.crafts.brewing on Wed Apr 07 2021 11:38 am
>
> Jo> After a bottle is emptied I rinse it, sprinkle a few granules of
> Jo> dishwaser machine powder in there, add a thimble of boiling water,
> Jo> shake, then let the bottle sit for a few hours. Later before going to
> Jo> bed I wash and rinse with cold water and scrub the outside with
> Jo> dishwashing liquid. This method kept things very clean. Until recently.
>
> Jo> Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle brush
> Jo> doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher powder but it
> Jo> seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as it used to be.
>
> Jo> Does anyone know a better alternative?
>

> Have you tried white vinegar? I've honestly never had this issue (but I moved quickly from bottling to kegging when I started brewing, because I _HATE_ filling bottles), but if PBW takes it out, I'm guessing a little white vinegar in the bottom of the bottle overnight will probably take care of it, too.
>
> DaiTengu
>
> ... There is much to be said for failure. It is more interesting than success
> --- Synchronet 3.18c-Linux NewsLink 1.113
> * War Ensemble BBS - Appleton, WI - telnet://warensemble.com

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<XnsAD08FF6887Bblnnddaaa@46.165.242.75>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=4&group=rec.crafts.brewing#4

From: bloo...@bln.com (Baloonon)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 04:05:55 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Baloonon - Sat, 10 Apr 2021 04:05 UTC

Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote

> Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle
> brush doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher
> powder but it seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as
> it used to be.
>
> Does anyone know a better alternative?

I find most of the time an overnight soak followed by a bottle brush
gets the stubborn residue, but occasionally it doesn't. I separate out
all of those bottles into a bin and then when the bin gets full I fill
with hot water and a couple of scoops of unscented generic oxygen bleach
and let it soak overnight. A followup brush, drain, soak in a mild acid
solution (maybe a cup of vinegar to 10 gal water) and then a final rinse
gets them clean and the bottles go back in a clean bin, and prior to
bottling at a future date I give them a final rinse.

I do the cleaning by the washing machine so much of the water can be
reused for laundry. Oyxbleach is really good at pulling anything off of
glass, and a very mild acid solution is very good at clearing off any
residue. Total cost is very small and if it's approached like a
production line the amount of time per bottle is pretty small. Maybe
half an hour for a couple of cases, not counting soaking time.

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<iham8gFpbn3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5&group=rec.crafts.brewing#5

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 15:54:06 -0700
 by: Joerg - Thu, 27 May 2021 22:54 UTC

On 4/9/21 9:05 PM, Baloonon wrote:
> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote
>>
>> Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle
>> brush doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher
>> powder but it seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as
>> it used to be.
>>
>> Does anyone know a better alternative?
>
> I find most of the time an overnight soak followed by a bottle brush
> gets the stubborn residue, but occasionally it doesn't. I separate out
> all of those bottles into a bin and then when the bin gets full I fill
> with hot water and a couple of scoops of unscented generic oxygen bleach
> and let it soak overnight. A followup brush, drain, soak in a mild acid
> solution (maybe a cup of vinegar to 10 gal water) and then a final rinse
> gets them clean and the bottles go back in a clean bin, and prior to
> bottling at a future date I give them a final rinse.
>
> I do the cleaning by the washing machine so much of the water can be
> reused for laundry. Oyxbleach is really good at pulling anything off of
> glass, and a very mild acid solution is very good at clearing off any
> residue. Total cost is very small and if it's approached like a
> production line the amount of time per bottle is pretty small. Maybe
> half an hour for a couple of cases, not counting soaking time.

Thanks, DaiTengu and Baloonon. Meantime I found a solution: Costco has a
non-Kirkland brand of dishwasher tabs, the Cascade brand. That is WAY
better and gets the gunk off just like the Kirkland version used to do.
Not sure what they did to it but it ain't as good as it used to.

Now the Insinkerator hot water dispenser at the kitchen sink died,
again, but that's another matter. This is number three, they don't seem
to last much and it's almost $200 every time.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s8pmv0$kvm$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6&group=rec.crafts.brewing#6

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 20:10:23 -0700
 by: Bob F - Fri, 28 May 2021 03:10 UTC

On 5/27/2021 3:54 PM, Joerg wrote:
> On 4/9/21 9:05 PM, Baloonon wrote:
>> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote
>>>
>>> Now there is slight residual yeast in the bottom and even a bottle
>>> brush doesn't remove that completely. We use Kirkland dishwasher
>>> powder but it seems it's been somehow watered down, not as powerful as
>>> it used to be.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know a better alternative?
>>
>> I find most of the time an overnight soak followed by a bottle brush
>> gets the stubborn residue, but occasionally it doesn't. I separate out
>> all of those bottles into a bin and then when the bin gets full I fill
>> with hot water and a couple of scoops of unscented generic oxygen bleach
>> and let it soak overnight. A followup brush, drain, soak in a mild acid
>> solution (maybe a cup of vinegar to 10 gal water) and then a final rinse
>> gets them clean and the bottles go back in a clean bin, and prior to
>> bottling at a future date I give them a final rinse.
>>
>> I do the cleaning by the washing machine so much of the water can be
>> reused for laundry. Oyxbleach is really good at pulling anything off of
>> glass, and a very mild acid solution is very good at clearing off any
>> residue. Total cost is very small and if it's approached like a
>> production line the amount of time per bottle is pretty small. Maybe
>> half an hour for a couple of cases, not counting soaking time.
>>

> Thanks, DaiTengu and Baloonon. Meantime I found a solution: Costco has a
> non-Kirkland brand of dishwasher tabs, the Cascade brand. That is WAY
> better and gets the gunk off just like the Kirkland version used to do.
> Not sure what they did to it but it ain't as good as it used to.
>
> Now the Insinkerator hot water dispenser at the kitchen sink died,
> again, but that's another matter. This is number three, they don't seem
> to last much and it's almost $200 every time.

The Stainless steel versions seem to last a lot better.

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<ihffm1Fn370U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7&group=rec.crafts.brewing#7

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 11:32:33 -0700
 by: Joerg - Sat, 29 May 2021 18:32 UTC

On 5/27/21 8:10 PM, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 3:54 PM, Joerg wrote:
>> On 4/9/21 9:05 PM, Baloonon wrote:
>>> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote

>>> I find most of the time an overnight soak followed by a bottle brush
>>> gets the stubborn residue, but occasionally it doesn't. I separate out
>>> all of those bottles into a bin and then when the bin gets full I fill
>>> with hot water and a couple of scoops of unscented generic oxygen bleach
>>> and let it soak overnight. A followup brush, drain, soak in a mild acid
>>> solution (maybe a cup of vinegar to 10 gal water) and then a final rinse
>>> gets them clean and the bottles go back in a clean bin, and prior to
>>> bottling at a future date I give them a final rinse.
>>>
>>> I do the cleaning by the washing machine so much of the water can be
>>> reused for laundry. Oyxbleach is really good at pulling anything off of
>>> glass, and a very mild acid solution is very good at clearing off any
>>> residue. Total cost is very small and if it's approached like a
>>> production line the amount of time per bottle is pretty small. Maybe
>>> half an hour for a couple of cases, not counting soaking time.
>>>

>> Thanks, DaiTengu and Baloonon. Meantime I found a solution: Costco has
>> a non-Kirkland brand of dishwasher tabs, the Cascade brand. That is
>> WAY better and gets the gunk off just like the Kirkland version used
>> to do. Not sure what they did to it but it ain't as good as it used to.
>>
>> Now the Insinkerator hot water dispenser at the kitchen sink died,
>> again, but that's another matter. This is number three, they don't
>> seem to last much and it's almost $200 every time.
>
> The Stainless steel versions seem to last a lot better.

Hmm, I've never seen that. Does it cost an arm and a leg?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s92k8g$gbb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8&group=rec.crafts.brewing#8

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 05:19:26 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 31 May 2021 12:19 UTC

On 5/29/2021 11:32 AM, Joerg wrote:
> On 5/27/21 8:10 PM, Bob F wrote:

>>> Thanks, DaiTengu and Baloonon. Meantime I found a solution: Costco
>>> has a non-Kirkland brand of dishwasher tabs, the Cascade brand. That
>>> is WAY better and gets the gunk off just like the Kirkland version
>>> used to do. Not sure what they did to it but it ain't as good as it
>>> used to.
>>>
>>> Now the Insinkerator hot water dispenser at the kitchen sink died,
>>> again, but that's another matter. This is number three, they don't
>>> seem to last much and it's almost $200 every time.
>>
>> The Stainless steel versions seem to last a lot better.
>>>

> Hmm, I've never seen that. Does it cost an arm and a leg?

1st find. Buy the tank only?

https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-40-WH-1500-SS-Instant-Water-Dispenser/dp/B08BX6XJH3/ref=sr_1_16?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Hot+Water+Dispensers&qid=1622463274&refinements=p_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A542686011&s=kitchen-bath&sr=1-16&ts_id=6810590011

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s92n2a$82t$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9&group=rec.crafts.brewing#9

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 06:07:20 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 31 May 2021 13:07 UTC

On 5/31/2021 5:19 AM, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/29/2021 11:32 AM, Joerg wrote:

>>> The Stainless steel versions seem to last a lot better.
>>>>

>> Hmm, I've never seen that. Does it cost an arm and a leg?
>>

> 1st find. Buy the tank only?
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-40-WH-1500-SS-Instant-Water-Dispenser/dp/B08BX6XJH3/ref=sr_1_16?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Hot+Water+Dispensers&qid=1622463274&refinements=p_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A542686011&s=kitchen-bath&sr=1-16&ts_id=6810590011

Oops. That is a different brand.

https://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-H-HOT100-Instant-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B00ZP90S4E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=insinkerator+stainless+steel+hot+water+dispenser&qid=1622465553&s=hi&sr=1-1

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<ihpugtFo29oU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=10&group=rec.crafts.brewing#10

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:47:09 -0700
 by: Joerg - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 17:47 UTC

On 5/31/21 6:07 AM, Bob F wrote:
> On 5/31/2021 5:19 AM, Bob F wrote:

>>> Hmm, I've never seen that. Does it cost an arm and a leg?
>>>

>> 1st find. Buy the tank only?
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-40-WH-1500-SS-Instant-Water-Dispenser/dp/B08BX6XJH3/ref=sr_1_16?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Hot+Water+Dispensers&qid=1622463274&refinements=p_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A542686011&s=kitchen-bath&sr=1-16&ts_id=6810590011
>>

> Oops. That is a different brand.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-H-HOT100-Instant-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B00ZP90S4E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=insinkerator+stainless+steel+hot+water+dispenser&qid=1622465553&s=hi&sr=1-1

Thanks, Bob, that one is more for residentail use. The first one is huge
and would run up our electricity bills. Unfortunately we live in PG&E
country which means sky-high prices.

The 2nd one is a lot more than their usual versions but if it lasts much
longer then it is worth it. The satin nickel faucet would look a bit
hideous in our kitchen though but maybe my wife could get use to it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s999fu$80r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=11&group=rec.crafts.brewing#11

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 17:58:35 -0700
 by: Bob F - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 00:58 UTC

On 6/2/2021 10:47 AM, Joerg wrote:
> On 5/31/21 6:07 AM, Bob F wrote:

>>> 1st find. Buy the tank only?
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-40-WH-1500-SS-Instant-Water-Dispenser/dp/B08BX6XJH3/ref=sr_1_16?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Hot+Water+Dispensers&qid=1622463274&refinements=p_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A542686011&s=kitchen-bath&sr=1-16&ts_id=6810590011
>>>

>> Oops. That is a different brand.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-H-HOT100-Instant-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B00ZP90S4E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=insinkerator+stainless+steel+hot+water+dispenser&qid=1622465553&s=hi&sr=1-1
>>

> Thanks, Bob, that one is more for residentail use. The first one is huge
> and would run up our electricity bills. Unfortunately we live in PG&E
> country which means sky-high prices.
>
> The 2nd one is a lot more than their usual versions but if it lasts much
> longer then it is worth it. The satin nickel faucet would look a bit
> hideous in our kitchen though but maybe my wife could get use to it.

Just replace the unit and use your old faucet.

I got mine 2nd hand from my wife's brother, and have used it for years
with no trouble.

Funny? They both seem to be identical specs, except for the wattage. The
1300 watt one would not want to share a circuit with much. They both say
60 cups per hour, 2 1/2 qt, up to 200F, same power as a 40 watt bulb
(average, I assume, just to hold temp?).

Here's another, cheap version of the high power one, just the tank.

https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Hot-RH-200-SS-1300-watt-Dispenser/dp/B00DIYZEGA/ref=psdc_6810590011_t3_B00ZP90S4E

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<ii9j1cFovujU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12&group=rec.crafts.brewing#12

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 09:09:14 -0700
 by: Joerg - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:09 UTC

On 6/2/21 5:58 PM, Bob F wrote:
> On 6/2/2021 10:47 AM, Joerg wrote:

>>> Oops. That is a different brand.
>>>
>>> https://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-H-HOT100-Instant-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B00ZP90S4E/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=insinkerator+stainless+steel+hot+water+dispenser&qid=1622465553&s=hi&sr=1-1
>>>

>> Thanks, Bob, that one is more for residentail use. The first one is
>> huge and would run up our electricity bills. Unfortunately we live in
>> PG&E country which means sky-high prices.
>>
>> The 2nd one is a lot more than their usual versions but if it lasts
>> much longer then it is worth it. The satin nickel faucet would look a
>> bit hideous in our kitchen though but maybe my wife could get use to it.
>>

> Just replace the unit and use your old faucet.

Doesn't work because our now leaking version from the same manufacturer
(Insinkerator) has an integrated faucet.

> I got mine 2nd hand from my wife's brother, and have used it for years
> with no trouble.
>
> Funny? They both seem to be identical specs, except for the wattage. The
> 1300 watt one would not want to share a circuit with much. They both say
> 60 cups per hour, 2 1/2 qt, up to 200F, same power as a 40 watt bulb
> (average, I assume, just to hold temp?).

The ones we had so far were 500W and newer versions of those are 750W
(more, more, more, something I really don't like). 1300W is a bit much
for that location and would probably also raise our electric bill. Thing
is, we could live with something way smaller. My wife makes one cup of
instant coffee for herself per day and we use a few thimbles worth of
hot water for beer bottle bottom "de-staining". Plus maybe a few more
thimbles worth if a dish has hardened food residue on it.

> Here's another, cheap version of the high power one, just the tank.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Hot-RH-200-SS-1300-watt-Dispenser/dp/B00DIYZEGA/ref=psdc_6810590011_t3_B00ZP90S4E

In the end I'd probably pay the same because I'd need one of those
3-line faucets.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<s9opfj$hlf$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13&group=rec.crafts.brewing#13

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:03:29 -0700
 by: Bob F - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 22:03 UTC

On 6/8/2021 9:09 AM, Joerg wrote:
> On 6/2/21 5:58 PM, Bob F wrote:

>>> Thanks, Bob, that one is more for residentail use. The first one is
>>> huge and would run up our electricity bills. Unfortunately we live in
>>> PG&E country which means sky-high prices.
>>>
>>> The 2nd one is a lot more than their usual versions but if it lasts
>>> much longer then it is worth it. The satin nickel faucet would look a
>>> bit hideous in our kitchen though but maybe my wife could get use to it.
>>>

>> Just replace the unit and use your old faucet.
>>

> Doesn't work because our now leaking version from the same manufacturer
> (Insinkerator) has an integrated faucet.
>

>> I got mine 2nd hand from my wife's brother, and have used it for years
>> with no trouble.
>>
>> Funny? They both seem to be identical specs, except for the wattage.
>> The 1300 watt one would not want to share a circuit with much. They
>> both say 60 cups per hour, 2 1/2 qt, up to 200F, same power as a 40
>> watt bulb (average, I assume, just to hold temp?).
>>

> The ones we had so far were 500W and newer versions of those are 750W
> (more, more, more, something I really don't like). 1300W is a bit much
> for that location and would probably also raise our electric bill. Thing
> is, we could live with something way smaller. My wife makes one cup of
> instant coffee for herself per day and we use a few thimbles worth of
> hot water for beer bottle bottom "de-staining". Plus maybe a few more
> thimbles worth if a dish has hardened food residue on it.

I doubt the wattage would increase power usage. It would heat faster,
but not as long, and the losses through the insulation should be similar
and constant. It certainly could not be on the same circuit as the
dishwasher though, like mine is.

>> Here's another, cheap version of the high power one, just the tank.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Ready-Hot-RH-200-SS-1300-watt-Dispenser/dp/B00DIYZEGA/ref=psdc_6810590011_t3_B00ZP90S4E
>>

> In the end I'd probably pay the same because I'd need one of those
> 3-line faucets.

If you can find one with a stainless heater tank, and leaks were your
failure mode (like my first 2, with copper tanks), I would recommend that.

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<XnsAD43C8AAF7C1Bblnnddaaa@46.165.242.75>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14&group=rec.crafts.brewing#14

From: bloo...@bln.com (Baloonon)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 23:43:33 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Baloonon - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 23:43 UTC

Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote

> Thing is, we could live with something way smaller. My wife makes one
> cup of instant coffee for herself per day and we use a few thimbles
> worth of hot water for beer bottle bottom "de-staining". Plus maybe a
> few more thimbles worth if a dish has hardened food residue on it.

If it were me, I'd just use an electric tea kettle and settle for waiting a
couple of minutes for the hot water. Or use a microwave.

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<iii9lqFfg6jU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15&group=rec.crafts.brewing#15

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 16:24:42 -0700
 by: Joerg - Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:24 UTC

On 6/8/21 4:43 PM, Baloonon wrote:
> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote
>
>> Thing is, we could live with something way smaller. My wife makes one
>> cup of instant coffee for herself per day and we use a few thimbles
>> worth of hot water for beer bottle bottom "de-staining". Plus maybe a
>> few more thimbles worth if a dish has hardened food residue on it.
>
> If it were me, I'd just use an electric tea kettle and settle for waiting a
> couple of minutes for the hot water. Or use a microwave.

Me too but, well, I am married :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<XnsAD48C119D35EFblnnddaaa@46.165.242.75>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16&group=rec.crafts.brewing#16

From: bloo...@bln.com (Baloonon)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:58:54 +0000 (UTC)
References: <id6ci1F3s1eU1@mid.individual.net> <XnsAD08FF6887Bblnnddaaa@46.165.242.75> <iham8gFpbn3U1@mid.individual.net> <s8pmv0$kvm$1@dont-email.me> <ihffm1Fn370U2@mid.individual.net> <s92k8g$gbb$1@dont-email.me> <s92n2a$82t$1@dont-email.me> <ihpugtFo29oU1@mid.individual.net> <s999fu$80r$1@dont-email.me> <ii9j1cFovujU1@mid.individual.net> <XnsAD43C8AAF7C1Bblnnddaaa@46.165.242.75> <iii9lqFfg6jU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Baloonon - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:58 UTC

Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote:

> On 6/8/21 4:43 PM, Baloonon wrote:

>> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote
>>
>>> Thing is, we could live with something way smaller. My wife makes
>>> one cup of instant coffee for herself per day and we use a few
>>> thimbles worth of hot water for beer bottle bottom "de-staining".
>>> Plus maybe a few more thimbles worth if a dish has hardened food
>>> residue on it.
>>
>> If it were me, I'd just use an electric tea kettle and settle for
>> waiting a couple of minutes for the hot water. Or use a microwave.
>
> Me too but, well, I am married :-)

OK, I know where you're coming from.

Maybe get one of those water dispensers -- you can train pets to use them
too.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Primo-Top-Load-Top-loading-Cold-and-Hot-Water-
Cooler/1000690820

Re: Cleaning bottles after use

<iiqnvsF46i4U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=17&group=rec.crafts.brewing#17

From: new...@analogconsultants.com (Joerg)
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.brewing
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 21:18:04 -0700
 by: Joerg - Tue, 15 Jun 2021 04:18 UTC

On 6/13/21 3:58 PM, Baloonon wrote:
> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/8/21 4:43 PM, Baloonon wrote:
>
>>> Joerg <news@analogconsultants.com> wrote

>>> If it were me, I'd just use an electric tea kettle and settle for
>>> waiting a couple of minutes for the hot water. Or use a microwave.
>>
>> Me too but, well, I am married :-)
>
> OK, I know where you're coming from.
>
> Maybe get one of those water dispensers -- you can train pets to use them
> too.
>
> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Primo-Top-Load-Top-loading-Cold-and-Hot-Water-
> Cooler/1000690820

We have a very similar looking yellow lab so it should work :-)