Newsgroups: rec.games.backgammon
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:15:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Double whopper? triple whoopee!
From: mur...@compuplus.net (MK)
 by: MK - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:15 UTC

With only 6 posts and 5 views (however this is possible?),
I didn't think the thread about "double whopper" would be
interesting to read and read the one about "backgames"
instead, thinking that with 32 posts and 86 views it surely
must be an interesting discussion.

Interestingly indeed, halfway through the thread it becomes
about whoppers also. And wow! Beyond belief...

I wanted to participate but I didn't want it to look like I was
responding to a particular poster and so, I decided to start
a new thread.

I think it's a good idea for you folks to give names, sometimes
creative sometimes not so, to some positions that you want
to memorize. I think you need to name more, and eventually
all, positions. There is no shortage of words and no limit to
creativity, are there?

I see that you folks similarly give names to some error levels
but also struggle to communicate more precisely about them
in fractional increments. Again, I think you should give a name
to every decimal fraction of error rates. There is no shortage
of words and no limit to creativity, are there?

Let me get you folks started on this beginning with "whopper".

What is a "whopper"? It's one of the names for "fart". See this:

"150 Different Words For 'Fart'" by HuffPost at their site:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/different-words-for-fart_b_3498191

If you scroll through the words all the way down, you will see
that number 150 is indeed "whopper".

The author even promotes their book titled "The Fart Tootorial:
Farting Fundamentals, Master Blaster Techniques, and the
Complete Toot Taxonomy", available from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Fart-Tootorial-Fundamentals-Techniques/dp/1452105022

Not only as ebook but also as hardcover for hardcover lovers.
Even if not as expensive as some hardcover backgammon
books, it costs a quite respectable $64.99

In case you don't even want to pay $6.99 to read the ebook,
here is a free resource to give you some inspirations:

https://www.fartnames.com/

..10 = whopper
..11 = whopper with cheese
..12 = whopper with pepper
..13 = whopper with tomato
..14 = whopper with onion
..15 = etc.

And then

..20 = double whopper
..21 = double with cheese
..22 = double with pepper
..23 = double with tomato
..24 = double with onion
..25 = etc.

And then

..30 = bigmac
..31 = bigmac with cheese
..32 = bigmac with pepper
..33 = bigmac with tomato
..34 = bigmac with onion
..35 = etc.

You ask for "Murat humor", you get it!

Oh, seriously now, all of sudden I became very curious about
what you folks would call the error rates that I have been able
to achieve while decisively and consistently beating your
"undergods" XG, Gnubg, etc...

MK

Re: Double whopper? triple whoopee!

<5bed6fdf-e781-431e-8f38-f2ac4f167ef2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8121&group=rec.games.backgammon#8121

Newsgroups: rec.games.backgammon
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 01:39:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Double whopper? triple whoopee!
From: mur...@compuplus.net (MK)
 by: MK - Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:39 UTC

On January 19, 2022 at 1:15:54 PM UTC-7, MK wrote:

> If you scroll through the words all the way down, you will
> see that number 150 is indeed "whopper".

I forgot to metion it but if you looked at the list, you must
have seen that number 149 was "whoopee".

So, my picking "whoopee" over "whopper" was intentional
to mean that a higher ranking PR fart from the bots would
be more appropriately called that.

I pity you all but that doesn't keep me from amusing myself
by farting PR in your faces... :)

MK