Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 11:11:49 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Why is America allowing China to gain economic dominance in South and
Central America?
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:11 UTC

Shou'en Li
https://www.quora.com/
Follow
Editor-in-Chief, Reporter (2003–present)Dec 22
Why is America allowing China to gain economic dominance in South and Central America?
You are kidding, right?

Who gave US the right to “allow” or “not to allow” another country’s friendly cooperation with other countries?!

Do you really believe the US is the “God’s choice” who has the right to control other people and other country’s fate?

BTW, do you know why the world is getting pissed off by the US and feeling frustrated on the US, while many of them are turning to China nowadays?

Let me give you just two examples.

As of 2018, the US had killed directly or indirectly more than ONE MILLION in Iraq and destroyed the whole country, to stop the never-existed “Weapons of Mass Destruction held by Saddam Hussein.”

15 Years. More Than 1 Million Dead. No One Held Responsible.
The War in Iraq's latest anniversary passed in all-American silence.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a19547603/iraq-15-years-george-bush/
Are this really what Iraqis wanted, needed, and welcomed, as Angelina Jolie said when she visited Iraq in 2018?

Mosul, Iraq after US-led invasion, "they have nothing, but they are free" -- Angelina Jolie, UNHCR special envoy, 2018
Posted in r/ABoringDystopia by u/lacraquotte • 7 points and 3 comments
https://www.reddit.com/r/ABoringDystopia/comments/grdnrk/mosul_iraq_after_usled_invasion_they_have_nothing/
"These people have lost everything... they have nothing, but they're free."

And three years later, now, China is helping with the rebuilding of the country, not just with trade and infrastrucures, but also public facilities which will have a far-reaching and long-lasting positive influence for the country now and in the decades to come.

https://www.wionews.com/world/china-is-on-a-school-building-spree-in-iraq-over-1000-by-two-firms-438380
Xi says China to expand cooperation with Iraq
BEIJING, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- China attaches great importance to developing relations with Iraq, and stands ready to promote their strategic partnership for greater development, Chinese President Xi Jinping said Wednesday. In a phone conversation with Iraqi President Barham Salih, Xi said China is willing to continue to support Iraq's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, expand bilateral cooperation in such fields as energy, electricity and transportation, and assist Iraq with economic rebuilding and social development. Xi pointed out that Iraq is one of the first Arab countries to establish diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China, and also an important partner of China for Belt and Road cooperation in West Asia and North Africa. As a sincere friend of the Iraqi people, China has actively participated in Iraq's economic reconstruction, with bilateral friendly and practical cooperation making steady progress in various fields, Xi noted, adding that the two countries have been supporting and helping each other since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. China, Xi stressed, firmly supports Iraq's efforts to defend its national sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity, fight against terrorism and safeguard its national security and stability. Xi added that his country also supports the Iraqi people independently choosing a development path in line with Iraq's national conditions, and opposes any external interference in Iraq's internal affairs. He expressed his hope that the various factions in Iraq will strengthen unity, push for new progress in the domestic political process, and realize long-term peace and stability as well as prosperity and development. China, he said, stands ready to work with friendly countries, including Iraq, to promote peace and development and build a community with a shared future for mankind. Enditem
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2021-08/18/c_1310135063.htm
Iraq, China launch 'oil for reconstruction' agreement
Baghdad has forged a 20-year deal to supply Beijing with oil in exchange for Chinese investments in projects to repair Iraq's war-damaged infrastructure.
https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2019/10/iraq-china-india-oil-construction.html
Opinion: China is playing a big role in Iraqi reconstruction
On Feb. 13, non-governmental organizations pledged 330 million US dollars of humanitarian aid to Iraq. The organizations were meeting as international donors gathered in Kuwait to discuss Iraq’s reconstruction after years of war and economic turmoil. The conference was co-chaired by Kuwait and Iraq, as well as the United Nations (UN), European Union (EU) and the World Bank (WB).
https://news.cgtn.com/news/78597a4e33677a6333566d54/share_p.html
So, the US came, dropped tons of bombs, killed, devastated, and left.

And now, China is in, bringing along with its goods, projects, and hope.

A second example.

After 20 years’ “war on terrorism,” the US ended the tragedy with the “Kabul Moment,” astonishing the whole world.

Over Two Decades, U.S.’s Global War on Terror Has Taken Nearly 1 Million Lives and Cost $8 Trillion
A new report from the Costs of War Project makes staggering estimates for the human and financial costs of the global forever wars.
https://theintercept.com/2021/09/01/war-on-terror-deaths-cost/
Again, thousands of innocent civilians killed and millions deported, homes demolished, economy collapsed, country devastated…

Afghanistan is facing the 'worst humanitarian disaster' the world has seen, UN says
Almost 97% of Afghanistan's 38 million population are at risk of sinking into poverty, Abdallah Al Dardari, the resident representative for the UNDP said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/12/afghanistan-is-facing-a-humanitarian-disaster-un-says.html
What has China done so far? Here are some among, but definitely not limited to them.

China offers $31m in emergency aid to Afghanistan
Taliban officials had earlier described China as Afghanistan's most important partner.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-58496867
China donates emergency supplies to Afghanistan
China-donated humanitarian aid materials are unloaded in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan, Sept, 29, 2021. (Photo by Saifurahman Safi/Xinhua) A batch of emergency supplies donated by China arrived at Afghanistan's Kabul International Airport and was handed over to the Afghan side. KABUL, Sept. 30 (Xinhua) -- A batch of emergency supplies donated by China arrived at Afghanistan's Kabul International Airport on Wednesday night and was handed over to the Afghan side. Chinese Ambassador to Afghanistan Wang Yu and acting minister of refugee affairs of the Afghan caretaker government Khalil-ur-Rehman Haqqani attended the handover ceremony at the airport. Wang said at the ceremony that amid many difficulties, China managed to arrange the emergency humanitarian aid materials for Afghanistan in a short time, which included blankets, down jackets and other winter supplies urgently needed by the Afghan people. China-donated humanitarian aid materials are unloaded during a handover ceremony in Kabul, capital of Afghanistan, Sept. 29, 2021. (Photo by Saifurahman Safi/Xinhua) The ambassador said China will continue to prepare for other aid materials including food aid, which are expected to arrive before long. Haqqani thanked China for providing the emergency supplies as many Afghan people are experiencing a difficult time. Since the start of this year, over 634,000 Afghan people have been displaced by conflicts in the country. About 5.5 million Afghan people have been displaced since 2012, according to official figures. ■
http://www.news.cn/english/2021-09/30/c_1310219492.htm
China sends aid to Afghanistan as Taliban faces winter crisis
Beijing is stepping up efforts to engage with the country’s new government as millions face the risk of starvation.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3160159/china-sends-aid-afghanistan-taliban-grapples-winter-crisis
China-Afghanistan freight trains never stop with farm product trade restored: FM
Photo taken on Oct. 31, 2021 shows a cargo plane during a ceremony of resuming the export of pine nuts to China, at Kabul International Airport in Kabul, Afghanistan. Afghanistan on Sunday resumed export of pine nuts to China, a Taliban spokesman confirmed.Photo:Xinhua China-Afghanistan cargo trains have never stopped, trade of agricultural products between the two countries is being restored, and China will carry on listening to the call of the Afghan people to offer support within its ability, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin told a press conference on Tuesday. Wang spoke after the first flight carrying 45 tons of Afghan pine nuts arrived at the Pudong International Airport in Shanghai from Kabul. Afghan businessmen and foreign experts reached by the Global Times praised China for taking concrete measures to help the Afghan people by not only carrying on with bilateral trade but also offering humanitarian aid. Analysts said that as stability in the war-torn country is gradually restored, more products from Afghanistan, including nuts, fruits and saffron, can help increase Afghan farmers' incomes and encourage neighboring countries to help with the rebuilding of Afghanistan. Tiny pine nuts could bring foreign currency to Afghanistan and ease local people's difficulties. The "pine nut air corridor" is a reflection of the long-standing friendship and stable trade and economic cooperation between China and Afghanistan, the spokesman said. On Monday, Wang Yu, Chinese Ambassador to Afghanistan, wrote on his Twitter account about the arrival of 45 tons of Afghan pine nuts at Shanghai, and said that in the coming months, tens of thousands of tons of pine nuts will be exported to China. Pine nuts were the gift presented to Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi by Amir Khan Muttaqi, acting foreign minister of the Afghan interim government, during their meeting in the Qatari capital of Doha on October 26. Afghan people view the trade in pine nuts to China with hope and gratitude, as it occurs when Afghanistan faces a special situation with its economy declining and many people suffering from poverty and unemployment, Salman Raha, an Afghan businessman who is in Yiwu, East China's Zhejiang Province, told the Global Times on Tuesday. "As an Afghan businessman, I want to thank the Chinese government for starting the direct flight to deliver the pine nuts, and I hope more Chinese can buy and taste the pine nuts," said Raha, noting that he hoped more products, including grapes and pomegranates, could come to the Chinese market. Analysts noted that China-Afghanistan cargo trains and flights en route to Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region could also be used, as trade between China and Afghan increases. They noted that airports built in Xinjiang are good transit stations, for example, the Taxkorgan Airport, located in the Taxkorgan Tajik Autonomous County, which is expected to be finished next year. The county shares
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202111/1237962.shtml?id=11
China gets 1st shipment of Afghan pine nuts since Taliban's rise to power
Cargo plane lands in Shanghai with 45 tons of pine nuts from Afghanistan - Anadolu Agency
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/china-gets-1st-shipment-of-afghan-pine-nuts-since-talibans-rise-to-power/2408731
Either way, from China to Afghanistan, with food, vaccines, and other emergency aids, etc., or from Afghanistan to China, its exports to help the locals to earn a living, is indeed what the Afghans need urgently right now.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Why is America allowing China to gain economic dominance in South and Central America?

<st6c9p$n2u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8234&group=soc.culture.china#8234

From: toi...@tr.com (boro)