"Oh what wouldn't I give to be spat at in the face..." -- a prisoner in "Life of Brian"

interests / alt.food.fast-food / What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

SubjectAuthor
* What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KlausSchadenfreude
+* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?Albert Ross
|`* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KlausSchadenfreude
| `- Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?Albert Ross
`* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KWills
 `* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?Albert Ross
  `* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KWills
   `* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?Albert Ross
    `* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KWills
     `* Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?Albert Ross
      `- Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?KWills

1
What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<3fkdeghkg1vsud873mpjvr3jgpj2tltcra@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8159&group=alt.food.fast-food#8159

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 03:25:03 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 10:25 UTC

https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs

It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
of choking.

“We set out to improve the hot dog,” Rastelli’s told Fox News of the
flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
demand for pre-cut dogs.

Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
you?

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<XnsAD61A1E1FF8F2stillnolawsuitedmo@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8160&group=alt.food.fast-food#8160

From: älbätr...@dweebspanker.cöm (Albert Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:54:46 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Albert Ross - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:54 UTC

KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in

> https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>
> It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
> oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
> reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
> which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
> of choking.
>
> �We set out to improve the hot dog,� Rastelli�s told Fox News of the
> flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
> demand for pre-cut dogs.
>
> Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
> you?

18 bucks for a pound and a half of dogs? A bit steep and the charge for
shipping is obscene. They're about 60 miles from me but if I get down
that way I'll stop in.

I don't eat hot dogs when I can get different flavored sausages. I just
grilled mozzarella chicken sausages with sweet peppers, onions and a
hint of Cholula on the rolls last weekend. I bought 24 of them and got
mobbed. Almost didn't get one myself.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<0gveegd1prvdf4eect4hkfkal87hdb7ike@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8161&group=alt.food.fast-food#8161

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 15:38:42 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Thu, 8 Jul 2021 22:38 UTC

On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:54:46 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
<älbätross@dweebspanker.cöm> wrote:

>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>>
>> It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
>> oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
>> reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
>> which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
>> of choking.
>>
>> “We set out to improve the hot dog,” Rastelli’s told Fox News of the
>> flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
>> demand for pre-cut dogs.
>>
>> Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
>> you?
>>

>18 bucks for a pound and a half of dogs? A bit steep and the charge for
>shipping is obscene.

I suppose it's got to go overnight or send day and have some kind of
ice, but, still, it's hot dog meat.

I'd rather get some Hebrew Nationals at the local grocery store and
rough it.

>They're about 60 miles from me but if I get down
>that way I'll stop in.
>
>I don't eat hot dogs when I can get different flavored sausages. I just
>grilled mozzarella chicken sausages with sweet peppers, onions and a
>hint of Cholula on the rolls last weekend. I bought 24 of them and got
>mobbed. Almost didn't get one myself.

I'd much rather have a nice spicy sausage if I have a choice.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<1h6gegpsa6c9kmesadfb472d6kio7u752q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8162&group=alt.food.fast-food#8162

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 02:42:59 -0700
 by: KWills - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 09:42 UTC

On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 03:25:03 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>
>It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
>oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
>reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
>which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
>of choking.

I wish it explained just *how*

>“We set out to improve the hot dog,” Rastelli’s told Fox News of the
>flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
>demand for pre-cut dogs.
>
>Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
>you?

Looks a bit like bologna.

--
KWills
alt.food.fast-food Leadership Committee President

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<XnsAD62BBB0D3C57stillnolawsuitedmo@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8183&group=alt.food.fast-food#8183

From: älbätr...@dweebspanker.cöm (Albert Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:26:58 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Albert Ross - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:26 UTC

> On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:54:46 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
> <�lb�tross@dweebspanker.c�m> wrote:
>
>>KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>>>
>>> It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
>>> oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to
>>> be reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot
>>> dogs, which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the
>>> likelihood of choking.
>>>
>>> �We set out to improve the hot dog,� Rastelli�s told Fox News of the
>>> flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
>>> demand for pre-cut dogs.
>>>
>>> Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain
>>> near you?
>>>

>>18 bucks for a pound and a half of dogs? A bit steep and the charge
>>for shipping is obscene.
>
> I suppose it's got to go overnight or send day and have some kind of
> ice, but, still, it's hot dog meat.

They wanted 25 bucks for shipping on an 18 dollar package of meat. So
you're looking at 45 bucks or about 30 bucks a pound if it's shipped.
Even if you picked it up at their store, it comes out to 12 bucks a
pound.

> I'd rather get some Hebrew Nationals at the local grocery store and
> rough it.
>
>>They're about 60 miles from me but if I get down
>>that way I'll stop in.
>>
>>I don't eat hot dogs when I can get different flavored sausages. I
>>just grilled mozzarella chicken sausages with sweet peppers, onions
>>and a hint of Cholula on the rolls last weekend. I bought 24 of them
>>and got mobbed. Almost didn't get one myself.
>
> I'd much rather have a nice spicy sausage if I have a choice.

They have a place near me called Destination Dogs that has a tasty hot
sausage. I go after the more exotic ones there.

http://www.destinationdogs.com/

My go to place for hot sausages is fairly close to Rastelli's store but
across the river in Philly. The picture in the bottom right corner in
the link below is the old place which was next to a sewage treatment
plant. Still dragged them by the boatloads in back then.

https://www.hollyeats.com/johnnyshots/

They're supposed to make an outstanding cheese steak. The sausages are
so good that I've never tried one. They're marinated in a secret recipe
for a long time before they ever reach the grill.

In case Jenny complains, sausages are always cooking, you'll have one to
your specifications in less than 45 seconds. They aren't burning hot
sausages, for a few minutes anyway. They kind of sneak up on you during
the second one. I recommend ginger ale to wash it down.

Back in the 70s or 80s the owner was offered an obscene amount of money
for the recipe and turned it down. I asked one trip there about that and
the current owner, who is the son or grandson of the original owner,
confirms it happened.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<XnsAD62BC5F6B502stillnolawsuitedmo@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8184&group=alt.food.fast-food#8184

From: älbätr...@dweebspanker.cöm (Albert Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:31:00 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Albert Ross - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:31 UTC

KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 03:25:03 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
> <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>>
>>It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
>>oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
>>reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
>>which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
>>of choking.
>>

> I wish it explained just *how*

It's flat, has ridges and someone thought it was a great marketing
gimmick.

>>�We set out to improve the hot dog,� Rastelli�s told Fox News of the
>>flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
>>demand for pre-cut dogs.
>>
>>Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
>>you?
>
> Looks a bit like bologna.

To be honest, I'd rather fry up thick slices of bologna than whatever
they're offering. Then again, Taylor Pork Roll is so much more
appetizing than a hot dog.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<78nieghmmqptqiasjb9hs71vudq0er0gi3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8195&group=alt.food.fast-food#8195

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 01:40:52 -0700
 by: KWills - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 08:40 UTC

On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:31:00 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
<älbätross@dweebspanker.cöm> wrote:

>KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 08 Jul 2021 03:25:03 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
>> <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>https://www.rastellis.com/products/round-dogs
>>>
>>>It might seem like sacrilege to sell hot dogs that are any shape but
>>>oblong. However, one enterprising New Jersey butcher shop claims to be
>>>reinventing the frankfurter with its new line of flat, round hot dogs,
>>>which it says can better retain condiments and reduces the likelihood
>>>of choking.
>>
>> I wish it explained just *how*
>
>It's flat, has ridges and someone thought it was a great marketing
>gimmick.

It probably will prove a good marketing gimmick in the short run.
I don't see it lasting, however.

>>>“We set out to improve the hot dog,” Rastelli’s told Fox News of the
>>>flat frankfurter, which they created in response to soaring customer
>>>demand for pre-cut dogs.
>>>
>>>Looks like they're already sold out. Coming to a fast food chain near
>>>you?
>>
>> Looks a bit like bologna.
>
>To be honest, I'd rather fry up thick slices of bologna than whatever
>they're offering. Then again, Taylor Pork Roll is so much more
>appetizing than a hot dog.

I eat Nathan's or Hebrew National. They're low in carbs and tat
se really good, IMO. I've not tried Taylor Pork Roll. I'll see if it's
available at Ralphs.

--
KWills
alt.food.fast-food Leadership Committee President

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<XnsAD6369141DB29stillnolawsuitedmo@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8225&group=alt.food.fast-food#8225

From: älbätr...@dweebspanker.cöm (Albert Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:19:43 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Albert Ross - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:19 UTC

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:31:00 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
> <�lb�tross@dweebspanker.c�m> wrote:
>
>>KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> I wish it explained just *how*
>>
>>It's flat, has ridges and someone thought it was a great marketing
>>gimmick.
>>

> It probably will prove a good marketing gimmick in the short run.
> I don't see it lasting, however.

Nor I but it's cheap enough to make and look at the profit margins at
that price.

>>> Looks a bit like bologna.
>>
>>To be honest, I'd rather fry up thick slices of bologna than whatever
>>they're offering. Then again, Taylor Pork Roll is so much more
>>appetizing than a hot dog.
>
> I eat Nathan's or Hebrew National. They're low in carbs and tat
> se really good, IMO. I've not tried Taylor Pork Roll. I'll see if it's
> available at Ralphs.

If they stock Boar's Head, they can get it.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<eehlegtss64t41lmgdbfuo500ihir608uj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8228&group=alt.food.fast-food#8228

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 03:20:07 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 10:20 UTC

On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:19:43 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
<älbätross@dweebspanker.cöm> wrote:

>KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 9 Jul 2021 22:31:00 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
>> <älbätross@dweebspanker.cöm> wrote:
>>
>>>KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in

>>>It's flat, has ridges and someone thought it was a great marketing
>>>gimmick.
>>
>> It probably will prove a good marketing gimmick in the short run.
>> I don't see it lasting, however.
>
>Nor I but it's cheap enough to make and look at the profit margins at
>that price.

>>>To be honest, I'd rather fry up thick slices of bologna than whatever
>>>they're offering. Then again, Taylor Pork Roll is so much more
>>>appetizing than a hot dog.
>>
>> I eat Nathan's or Hebrew National. They're low in carbs and tat
>> se really good, IMO. I've not tried Taylor Pork Roll. I'll see if it's
>> available at Ralphs.
>>
>If they stock Boar's Head, they can get it.

According to Taylor's web site, it's available at a number of
Wal-Marts in the greater Los Angeles area.

--
KWills
alt.food.fast-food Leadership Committee President

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<XnsAD645E036765Estillnolawsuitedmo@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8232&group=alt.food.fast-food#8232

From: älbätr...@dweebspanker.cöm (Albert Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:14:28 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Albert Ross - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:14 UTC

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 14:19:43 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
> <�lb�tross@dweebspanker.c�m> wrote:
>
>>KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote in

>>> It probably will prove a good marketing gimmick in the short
>>> run.
>>> I don't see it lasting, however.
>>
>>Nor I but it's cheap enough to make and look at the profit margins at
>>that price.

>>> I eat Nathan's or Hebrew National. They're low in carbs and tat
>>> se really good, IMO. I've not tried Taylor Pork Roll. I'll see if
>>> it's available at Ralphs.
>>>
>>If they stock Boar's Head, they can get it.
>
> According to Taylor's web site, it's available at a number of
> Wal-Marts in the greater Los Angeles area.

Having never lived there, I wouldn't have thought to look at Walmarts in
LA. Kroger Markets used to sell it as well.

Re: What Will You Do If Your Local Fast Food Vendor Offers These?

<261oegt4oi3m7o2qbegcs1es1q7mrn75ov@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8236&group=alt.food.fast-food#8236

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 02:01:07 -0700
 by: KWills - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:01 UTC

On Sun, 11 Jul 2021 13:14:28 +0000 (UTC), Albert Ross
<älbätross@dweebspanker.cöm> wrote:

[...]

>>>If they stock Boar's Head, they can get it.
>>
>> According to Taylor's web site, it's available at a number of
>> Wal-Marts in the greater Los Angeles area.
>
>Having never lived there, I wouldn't have thought to look at Walmarts in
>LA. Kroger Markets used to sell it as well.

I haven't checked yet. But Taylor's official web site states
Taylor Pork Roll can be found at WM. I would have expected it at
Ralphs before WM. And maybe it's there as well. Though I didn't notice
Ralphs as an option on the site.