From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.war.vietnam,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval
Subject: One view - How did the Vietnam War affect the baby boomers?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2021 10:00:21 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 31 Jul 2021 17:00 UTC

Daniel Podgorny
Studied English and American Literature at Bachelor of Arts Degrees
in English (Graduated 1971)13m ago

How did the Vietnam War affect the baby boomers?
I am a Vietnam veteran who was drafted like so many other boomers. The
war was incredibly divisive. Vietnam veterans were seen as being second
rate soldiers by even the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). During the
1970’s Vietnam veterans lead the nation in the following categories:
Unemployment, Alcohol abuse, drug use and suicides. The government
denied the long range effects of agent orange. Like so many others I
continue to suffer from PTSD and Agent Orange related Parkinson’s
Disease. I am one of many of the baby boomers who continue to be
affected by the Vietnam War.