Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 11:11:04 +0000
Subject: Pomnik Lenina na Antarktydzie
From: leszek.k...@umu.se (brat_olin)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
 by: brat_olin - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 11:11 UTC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_of_Inaccessibility_research_station

"The Pole of Inaccessibility research station (Russian: Полюс недоступности) is a defunct Soviet research station in Kemp Land, Antarctica, at the southern pole of inaccessibility (the point in Antarctica furthest from any ocean) as defined in 1958 when the station was established. Later definitions give other locations, all relatively near this point. It performed meteorological observations from 14 to 26 December 1958. The Pole of Inaccessibility has the world's coldest year-round average temperature of −58.2 °C (−72.8 °F).[1]

It is 878 km (546 mi) from the South Pole, and approximately 600 km (370 mi) from Sovetskaya. The surface elevation is 3,724 meters (12,218 feet). It was reached on 14 December 1958 by an 18-man traversing party of the 3rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition.[2] Its WMO ID is 89550.[3] /.../

The station building is surmounted by a bust of Vladimir Lenin facing Moscow. As of 2007, it is almost entirely buried by snow, with little more than the bust visible.[7] Following a proposal by Russia to the Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting, the buried building and emergent bust, along with a plaque commemorating the conquest of the Pole of Inaccessibility by Soviet Antarctic explorers in 1958, has been designated a Historic Site or Monument (HSM 4).[8]"

Tutaj Chinczycy pay respect to Vlad:
https://twitter.com/pycpim/status/1491632391437570048

Re: Pomnik Lenina na Antarktydzie

<anfi+lzqvdkci3f-o2o6@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=82316&group=soc.culture.polish#82316

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
Subject: Re: Pomnik Lenina na Antarktydzie
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 13:06:44 +0100
sha1:wwFtQ7utsCL4jqSDvfa2l21WjEQ=
 by: A. Filip - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 12:06 UTC

leszek.kleczkowski@umu.se (brat_olin) pisze:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_of_Inaccessibility_research_station
> […]
> Tutaj Chinczycy pay respect to Vlad:
> https://twitter.com/pycpim/status/1491632391437570048

Nikt jeszcze nie zakosił "Lenina Antarktydy"? Cud! :-)

--
A. Filip
| Lepsza u matki polewka niż u obcych marcepany.
| (Przysłowie polskie)

Re: Pomnik Lenina na Antarktydzie

<271f1789b62b2ba569339dee83831846@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=82317&group=soc.culture.polish#82317

Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 13:22:33 +0000
From: patrick....@gmail.com (lordwinterisle)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.polish
 by: lordwinterisle - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 13:22 UTC

brat_olin wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_of_Inaccessibility_research_station

> "The Pole of Inaccessibility research station (Russian: Полюс недоступности) is a defunct Soviet research station in Kemp Land, Antarctica, at the southern pole of inaccessibility (the point in Antarctica furthest from any ocean) as defined in 1958 when the station was established. Later definitions give other locations, all relatively near this point. It performed meteorological observations from 14 to 26 December 1958. The Pole of Inaccessibility has the world's coldest year-round average temperature of −58.2 °C (−72.8 °F).[1]

> It is 878 km (546 mi) from the South Pole, and approximately 600 km (370 mi) from Sovetskaya. The surface elevation is 3,724 meters (12,218 feet). It was reached on 14 December 1958 by an 18-man traversing party of the 3rd Soviet Antarctic Expedition.[2] Its WMO ID is 89550.[3] /.../

> The station building is surmounted by a bust of Vladimir Lenin facing Moscow. As of 2007, it is almost entirely buried by snow, with little more than the bust visible.[7] Following a proposal by Russia to the Antarctic Treaty Consultative Meeting, the buried building and emergent bust, along with a plaque commemorating the conquest of the Pole of Inaccessibility by Soviet Antarctic explorers in 1958, has been designated a Historic Site or Monument (HSM 4).[8]"

> Tutaj Chinczycy pay respect to Vlad:
> https://twitter.com/pycpim/status/1491632391437570048

"Mam w domu szafkę, w której trzymam
Wszystkie dostępne dzieła Lenina
Wbiło mi się to - to nie kpina
Myślę o tym nawet, gdy bluzkę rozpinasz"

https://youtu.be/NWeMLBqrw6E