From: jherr...@cox.net (John H)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Tim update from wife
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 10:03:47 -0500
 by: John H - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 15:03 UTC

****Tim update, 2/20/23****
Good Morning!
Praise GOD from whom all Blessings Flow! Here’s the latest update
from Bridget:
The nurse this morning told me the Drs were videotaping his breathing
with the breathing meter last night. He was maxing out at 4000(the top
of the scale) and they couldn’t believe it. He volunteered to do it
for one of the surgeons this morning…perhaps enjoying being the center
of positive affirmation a little too much:)
His organs, especially his kidneys are responding slowly. They may
need to do temporary dialysis but not yet. (we learned that the
heart-lung machine used during surgery only supplies blood to the
brain, so this is ‘normal’)
He is still pretty drugged which is impacting his memory and making
him tired and sluggish. They are in their words, “Amazed” at how well
he is doing. They took out the balloon pump( left in after surgery) in
the event the new heart has issue. They also removed the respirator.
Both within less than 24 hours after his surgery was complete. On
average it’s 2 or 3 days before they remove them.
He is sitting up in chair this morning for first time since surgery.
Thank you for your continued support. There are no words to express
how grateful we are for your continued prayers and kindness.

Re: Tim update from wife

<34d24f91-6d1c-408a-a6b2-5f1eea2167a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8512&group=rec.boats#8512

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:42:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Tim update from wife
From: princecr...@gmail.com (True North)
 by: True North - Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:42 UTC

On Tuesday, 21 February 2023 at 11:03:49 UTC-4, John H wrote:
> ****Tim update, 2/20/23****
> Good Morning!
> Praise GOD from whom all Blessings Flow! Here’s the latest update
> from Bridget:
> The nurse this morning told me the Drs were videotaping his breathing
> with the breathing meter last night. He was maxing out at 4000(the top
> of the scale) and they couldn’t believe it. He volunteered to do it
> for one of the surgeons this morning…perhaps enjoying being the center
> of positive affirmation a little too much:)
> His organs, especially his kidneys are responding slowly. They may
> need to do temporary dialysis but not yet. (we learned that the
> heart-lung machine used during surgery only supplies blood to the
> brain, so this is ‘normal’)
> He is still pretty drugged which is impacting his memory and making
> him tired and sluggish. They are in their words, “Amazed” at how well
> he is doing. They took out the balloon pump( left in after surgery) in
> the event the new heart has issue. They also removed the respirator.
> Both within less than 24 hours after his surgery was complete. On
> average it’s 2 or 3 days before they remove them.
> He is sitting up in chair this morning for first time since surgery.
> Thank you for your continued support. There are no words to express
> how grateful we are for your continued prayers and kindness.

Darn...that's one tough Marine.
Guess it helps to be on the good side of the Big Guy above.