Newsgroups: rec.games.backgammon
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 03:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A quick question about an almost-famous person
From: pepste...@gmail.com (peps...@gmail.com)
 by: peps...@gmail.com - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 10:26 UTC

I'm interested in how good the chess grandmaster Jim Plaskett
is (or was) at backgammon.
But that's not actually a question, as promised in the post title.
My question is: Does anyone know how good Jim Plaskett is (or was)
at backgammon?
But that's still not the question that I mean. If someone answered:
"Yes, I do know how good Jim Plaskett is (and was) at backgammon"
then I wouldn't consider my question answered. So maybe my question
should be "How good is (or was) the chess grandmaster Jim Plaskett
at backgammon?"
But that's not quite right either because someone could accurately
answer "I don't know this, because I've never met or heard of Jim Plaskett."
And that's not the type of response I'm looking for.
Now, I think I'm ready to reach my goal. What I'm actually looking for
is a question-request combo (or combination play). A combination can
only be valid if all its parts are present.
1. Does anyone reading this know how good Jim Plaskett is (or was) at backgammon? (Question).
2. If someone does know this info, I'd be interested (and appreciative)
if they could let me know, so that I might become a wiser man.

Paul