Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 11:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN: POtel SLB, Brun bubbly
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Thu, 6 May 2021 18:26 UTC

Drove back from Mohonk, few hours at work, then home to host some old friends for dinner (one was visiting from NC). It was Cinco de Mayo, so Betsy made menu in Spanish, and we started with guacamole and chips, then had gallina al vino (ok, ok, it was coq au vin), egg noodles, broccoli, etc. (I had made the coq au vin Sunday)

As always, the NV Bremont Cuvee Prestige was excellent B+

Brun FRV100
Fun, fruity, frothy. Yeah, it’s a soda pop of a wine, but it’s a good soda pop. B

2005 Potel Savigny les Beaune Vieilles Vignes
Cranberry and strawberry, tart, no oxidation or signs of age but this is just not that charming. B-/C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.