Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Axiom Stratus Air Filtration
From: no.tha...@lets.not (Alan Holbrook)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:40:00 +0000
 by: Alan Holbrook - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 19:40 UTC

Does anyone have any experience with the Axiom Stratus Pro air filtration
system? It sits on the floor rather than being ceiling mounted, and as the
description states, the dust from woodworking machines sinks, not rises.
It's pricey compared to some other filtration systems, but if it works,
cleaner lungs are probably worth it.

Re: Axiom Stratus Air Filtration

<GWSdnZBkM8m7qtz5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8615&group=rec.woodworking#8615

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 07:59:21 -0500
From: lcb11...@swbelldotnet (Leon)
Subject: Re: Axiom Stratus Air Filtration
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
 by: Leon - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 12:59 UTC

On 4/19/2023 2:40 PM, Alan Holbrook wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the Axiom Stratus Pro air filtration
> system? It sits on the floor rather than being ceiling mounted, and as the
> description states, the dust from woodworking machines sinks, not rises.
> It's pricey compared to some other filtration systems, but if it works,
> cleaner lungs are probably worth it.

I have not heard of it but consider these two observations.

EVENTUALLY the dust settles downward. In all actuality, the dust that
you do not want to breathe is floating in the air. You are more likely
to breathe in the dust before it settles to the floor or work bench, or
that style of dust filter.

Second, it has a foot print that takes up floor space. Those units
that hang from the ceiling do not.

For proof, do something to make fine saw dust. Turn off the light and
shine a flash light up in the air. What do you see.

Re: Axiom Stratus Air Filtration

<lBb0M.2611103$GNG9.245317@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8616&group=rec.woodworking#8616

Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
From: puckdrop...@yahoo.com (Puckdropper)
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:01:53 GMT
 by: Puckdropper - Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:01 UTC

Alan Holbrook <no.thanks@lets.not> wrote in

> Does anyone have any experience with the Axiom Stratus Pro air
> filtration system? It sits on the floor rather than being ceiling
> mounted, and as the description states, the dust from woodworking
> machines sinks, not rises. It's pricey compared to some other
> filtration systems, but if it works, cleaner lungs are probably worth
> it.

I've got some experience with a ceiling-mounted Jet air filter. The dust
that the Jet collects stays airbourne for several minutes so it doesn't
matter too much where the filter is. As long as there's enough
circulation, the filter will eventually get it.

It works great for keeping the shop cleaner overall, but does nothing to
protect lungs. To protect your lungs, you need a mask and dust collector.

Puckdropper