Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 12:06:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mike Pence tells it like it is
From: wayne.be...@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sun, 12 Mar 2023 19:06 UTC

I have had issues with Mike Pence over some of his ultra conservative political positions, and sometimes for his unwarranted support of Donald Trump. When the chips were down however, he did the right thing and stood up for democracy and the constitution. We should not forget that. Pence also told it like it was at the recent Gridiron dinner in Washington. Here are some examples from Politico.com that are worth repeating:

The big headline of the evening was Pence slamming former President DONALD TRUMP in what amounts to his strongest criticism to date of his former running mate.

“History will hold Donald Trump accountable for Jan. 6,” Pence said. “Make no mistake about it: What happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way. President Trump was wrong. His reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day.”

The rebuke comes just days after Fox News host TUCKER CARLSON toed the Trump line, suggesting that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was a peaceful protest by “sightseers” — not “insurrectionists.”

Last night, Pence pushed back hard on that narrative. “Tourists don’t injure 140 police officers by simply sightseeing,” he said. “Tourists don’t break down doors to get to the Speaker of the House. Tourists don’t threaten public officials.”

The former veep did something else that caught the room by surprise: He praised the press — which Trump has routinely lambasted as the “enemy of the people” and “fake news” — and specifically applauded coverage of Jan. 6. “We were able to stay at our post in part because you stayed at your post,” he said of reporters who covered the attack in real time. “The American people know what happened that day because you never stopped reporting.”

Re:Mike Pence tells it like it is

<W5fYL.1282941$MVg8.236643@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8652&group=rec.boats#8652

From: me...@yourservice.com (JUSTAN)
Subject: Re:Mike Pence tells it like it is
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
 by: JUSTAN - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 14:45 UTC

"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>
Wrote in message:r
> I have had issues with Mike Pence over some of his ultra conservative political positions, and sometimes for his unwarranted support of Donald Trump. When the chips were down however, he did the right thing and stood up for democracy and the constitution. We should not forget that. Pence also told it like it was at the recent Gridiron dinner in Washington. Here are some examples from Politico.com that are worth repeating:The big headline of the evening was Pence slamming former President DONALD TRUMP in what amounts to his strongest criticism to date of his former running mate.“History will hold Donald Trump accountable for Jan. 6,” Pence said. “Make no mistake about it: What happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way. President Trump was wrong. His reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day.”The rebuke comes just days after Fox News host TUCKER CARLSON toed the Trump line, suggesting that the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol was a peaceful protest by “sightseers” — not “insurrectionists.”Last night, Pence pushed back hard on that narrative. “Tourists don’t injure 140 police officers by simply sig
htseeing,” he said. “Tourists don’t break down doors to get to the Speaker of the House. Tourists don’t threaten public officials.”The former veep did something else that caught the room by surprise: He praised the press — which Trump has routinely lambasted as the “enemy of the people” and “fake news” — and specifically applauded coverage of Jan. 6. “We were able to stay at our post in part because you stayed at your post,” he said of reporters who covered the attack in real time. “The American people know what happened that day because you never stopped reporting.”

Are you a closet Democrat?
--
lets go Brandon...

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Re: Mike Pence tells it like it is

<91f93i9t84329vkl2ccu3rf8lu9t7k7mjv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8660&group=rec.boats#8660

From: me...@here.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 18:47:53 -0700
 by: justan - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 01:47 UTC

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 10:45:08 -0400 (EDT), JUSTAN <me@yourservice.com>
wrote:

>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>
> Wrote in message:r
>> I have had issues with Mike Pence over some of his ultra conservative political positions, and sometimes for his unwarranted support of Donald Trump. When the chips were down however, he did the right thing and stood up for democracy and the constitution. We should not forget that. Pence also told it like it was at the recent Gridiron dinner in Washington. Here are some examples from Politico.com that are worth repeating:The big headline of the evening was Pence slamming former President DONALD TRUMP in what amounts to his strongest criticism to date of his former running mate.??History will hold Donald Trump accountable for Jan. 6,?? Pence said. ??Make no mistake about it: What happened that day was a disgrace, and it mocks decency to portray it in any other way. President Trump was wrong. His reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day.??The rebuke comes just days after Fox News host TUCKER CARLSON toed the Trump line, suggesting that the Jan. 6
>attack on the Capitol was a peaceful protest by ??sightseers?? ?X not ??insurrectionists.??Last night, Pence pushed back hard on that narrative. ??Tourists don??t injure 140 police officers by simply sightseeing,?? he said. ??Tourists don??t break down doors to get to the Speaker of the House. Tourists don??t threaten public officials.??The former veep did something else that caught the room by surprise: He praised the press ?X which Trump has routinely lambasted as the ??enemy of the people?? and ??fake news?? ?X and specifically applauded coverage of Jan. 6. ??We were able to stay at our post in part because you stayed at your post,?? he said of reporters who covered the attack in real time. ??The American people know what happened that day because you never stopped reporting.??
>
>Are you a closet Democrat?

I want to know, because I've been closeted for years! I want to come
out. Suggestions?

--
lets go Brandon...

----Android NewsGroup Reader----