From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
Subject: Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 19:48:28 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:48 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT the one
>that "everyone" was hoping for. (I put the "everyone" in quotes because
>that is a massive overstatement. I'm sure many people don't even
>patronize Mickey D's and many of the people who do really don't loose
>sleep about which old favourite might be coming back.)
>
>https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/08/people-upset-and-disappointed-after-mcdonalds-canada-reveals-new-menu-item/
>
>I've never been a big patron of McDonald's so, frankly, I don't even
>recall them having offered McPizza in the 90s and I don't recall having
>it if they did.
>
>Just out of curiousity, is McPizza available at US (and overseas)
>McDonald's?

I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.

--
Trump won.

Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

<sgmhqt$1jg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8745&group=alt.food.fast-food#8745

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 20:34:37 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 00:34 UTC

On 2021-08-31 7:48 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
>
>> McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>> item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>> product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT the one
>> that "everyone" was hoping for. (I put the "everyone" in quotes because
>> that is a massive overstatement. I'm sure many people don't even
>> patronize Mickey D's and many of the people who do really don't loose
>> sleep about which old favourite might be coming back.)
>>
>> https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2021/08/people-upset-and-disappointed-after-mcdonalds-canada-reveals-new-menu-item/
>>
>> I've never been a big patron of McDonald's so, frankly, I don't even
>> recall them having offered McPizza in the 90s and I don't recall having
>> it if they did.
>>
>> Just out of curiousity, is McPizza available at US (and overseas)
>> McDonald's?
>
> I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
> but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.

McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

<A7udnVmWm_TG-bL8nZ2dnUU7-KGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8746&group=alt.food.fast-food#8746

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 07:30:19 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:30 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2021-08-31 7:48 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> McDonald's has apparently been hyping the return of a much-beloved
>>> item to their menu but has been tight-lipped about exactly what the
>>> product was. Today, the product has been revealed and it was NOT the one
>>> that "everyone" was hoping for. (I put the "everyone" in quotes because
>>> that is a massive overstatement. I'm sure many people don't even
>>> patronize Mickey D's and many of the people who do really don't loose
>>> sleep about which old favourite might be coming back.)
>>>
>>> I've never been a big patron of McDonald's so, frankly, I don't even
>>> recall them having offered McPizza in the 90s and I don't recall having
>>> it if they did.
>>>
>>> Just out of curiousity, is McPizza available at US (and overseas)
>>> McDonald's?
>>
>> I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
>> but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.
>
>McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....

It was mostly served in Quebec and roughly translates to McLobster.
It was a hot dog bun with lobster meat, lettuce, and mayo.

--
Trump won.

Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

<sgntef$8sv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8747&group=alt.food.fast-food#8747

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 08:58:53 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 12:58 UTC

On 2021-09-01 7:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> I have a vague recollection of McPizza being available at limited stores,
>>> but I was expecting it to be the McHomard, whihc was limited to Canada.
>>
>> McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....
>
> It was mostly served in Quebec and roughly translates to McLobster.
> It was a hot dog bun with lobster meat, lettuce, and mayo.

That's a new one on me! Mind you, I haven't been in or even near Quebec
in years. And even in this part of Ontario, the gaps between my visits
to McDonald's can be several years.

--
Rhino

Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

<u6WdnXN8p-oh47L8nZ2dnUU7-QednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8748&group=alt.food.fast-food#8748

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 09:22:51 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 13:22 UTC

no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:
> On 2021-09-01 7:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> McHomard? Is that a typo? I've never seen a word that looks like that....
>>
>> It was mostly served in Quebec and roughly translates to McLobster.
>> It was a hot dog bun with lobster meat, lettuce, and mayo.
>
>That's a new one on me! Mind you, I haven't been in or even near Quebec
>in years. And even in this part of Ontario, the gaps between my visits
>to McDonald's can be several years.

McDonald's did a lot of exp[erimental menu items in the 1990's! :-D

I think I saw McSoup and McPasta(?) once.

--
Trump won.

Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item

<sgo062$rj0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8749&group=alt.food.fast-food#8749

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.food.fast-food,alt.mcdonalds
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 09:45:36 -0400
 by: Rhino - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 13:45 UTC

On 2021-09-01 9:22 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> no_offline_contact@example.com wrote:

>>> It was mostly served in Quebec and roughly translates to McLobster.
>>> It was a hot dog bun with lobster meat, lettuce, and mayo.
>>
>> That's a new one on me! Mind you, I haven't been in or even near Quebec
>> in years. And even in this part of Ontario, the gaps between my visits
>> to McDonald's can be several years.
>
> McDonald's did a lot of exp[erimental menu items in the 1990's! :-D
>
> I think I saw McSoup and McPasta(?) once.

It makes sense that they would experiment with new items from time to
time; if the menu gets too stagnant, it would reduce business over time.
Mind you, I suppose there will always be a body of people who would go
back to McDonald's regularly if they only had Big Macs and Quarter Pounders.

--
Rhino

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: [OT] McDonald's disappoints Canadian with new menu item