Newsgroups: rec.birds
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: A Sunning Mourning Dove
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 15:47:01 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 19:47 UTC

It finally stopped raining here and a dove decided to stretch its' wings
and take in the sun in my back yard in South Carolina:

https://i.postimg.cc/y8ZPsFm3/sunning-dove.jpg

Jill

Re: A Sunning Mourning Dove

<super70s-147CC4.18083827102021@reader02.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=90&group=rec.birds#90

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.birds
Subject: Re: A Sunning Mourning Dove
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:08:38 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:08 UTC

In article <XqH8J.6411$2m1.2837@fx26.iad>,
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

> It finally stopped raining here and a dove decided to stretch its' wings
> and take in the sun in my back yard in South Carolina:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/y8ZPsFm3/sunning-dove.jpg
>
> Jill

I always thought was ironic that their call was so calm and peaceful but
they seem to be the most nervous birds around as far as startling very
easy. I just have to open the back door and they scurry off immediately
and they're about 20 feet away at the bottom of the feeder, sometimes it
startles me when I'm not paying attention.

Re: A Sunning Mourning Dove

<weleJ.190$2I3.70@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=91&group=rec.birds#91

Newsgroups: rec.birds
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 19:26:13 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:26 UTC

On 10/27/2021 7:08 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <XqH8J.6411$2m1.2837@fx26.iad>,
> jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It finally stopped raining here and a dove decided to stretch its' wings
>> and take in the sun in my back yard in South Carolina:
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/y8ZPsFm3/sunning-dove.jpg
>>
>> Jill
>
> I always thought was ironic that their call was so calm and peaceful but
> they seem to be the most nervous birds around as far as startling very
> easy. I just have to open the back door and they scurry off immediately
> and they're about 20 feet away at the bottom of the feeder, sometimes it
> startles me when I'm not paying attention.

Very soothing call and cooing. But when they're startled and take off,
their wings whistle. :)

Jill