From: frankthe...@earthlink.net (Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: Time to break out the RMH Bar and Grill T-Shirt and see if it
still circumnavigates me.
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:59:26 -0500
 by: Frank Xzarhadjizamth - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:59 UTC

On 12/20/2020 3:44 AM, Gyp wrote:
> After a 15 or so period of Harleylessness, I appear to have bought a
> Road King.

Would that make you "Harleylessness-less" now? <grin> Congrats on the
new ride!

> Card's on the bar, order up!

When your card runs out I'll buy a round.

Andy aka Frank the Real Biker aka Big Stinkie

Re: Time to break out the RMH Bar and Grill T-Shirt and see if it still circumnavigates me.

<s9n7kf$234$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=89&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#89

From: a...@b.c (Gyp)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
still circumnavigates me.
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 08:52:46 +0100
 by: Gyp - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:52 UTC

On 04/06/2021 14:59, Frank Xzarhadjizamtheopolous wrote:
> On 12/20/2020 3:44 AM, Gyp wrote:
>> After a 15 or so period of Harleylessness, I appear to have bought a
>> Road King.
>>

> Would that make you "Harleylessness-less" now? <grin> Congrats on the
> new ride!

Thank you.

Despite having put my money down for a beautiful 2019 Road King Special
last December, because of covid restrictions and furlough of dealership
staff, I was unable to collect until April.

And the 300 mile journey home was enough for me to discover that the
Road King Special wasn't the bike for me. I bought it to do longer
distances and discovered that it was less well suited to doing those
distances than the bikes I already own.

I went through in my mind all the things that I'd need to address to
make it work for me - suspension, seat, bars, screen etc - and realised
that I was going to spend an awful lot more money and might still end up
with a bike that didn't work for me.

Despite the great excitement and anticipation, having found what I
thought was the perfect bike, within a week it was gone.

Because of the joys of the Internet, I am aware of how the new owner is
getting on with it. And he is changing the suspension, seat, bars,
screen and more. So it's wasn't just me.

Ah well

--
Gyp

Re: Time to break out the RMH Bar and Grill T-Shirt and see if it still circumnavigates me.

<9ce39fe6-066d-4c92-9184-0acc942fa688n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=90&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#90

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:51:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Time to break out the RMH Bar and Grill T-Shirt and see if it still circumnavigates me.
From: beckyafe...@gmail.com (becky fenton)
 by: becky fenton - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:51 UTC

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:52:50 AM UTC-4, Gyp wrote:

> And the 300 mile journey home was enough for me to discover that the
> Road King Special wasn't the bike for me.

> Despite the great excitement and anticipation, having found what I
> thought was the perfect bike, within a week it was gone.

That is such a bummer. Hopefully you were able to recoup your $$.

Becky

Re: Time to break out the RMH Bar and Grill T-Shirt and see if it still circumnavigates me.

<s9o0uv$r0f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=91&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#91

From: a...@b.c (Gyp)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
still circumnavigates me.
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 16:05:01 +0100
 by: Gyp - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:05 UTC

On 08/06/2021 15:51, becky fenton wrote:

> That is such a bummer. Hopefully you were able to recoup your $$.

Thanks Becky, yes most of it.

It was such a shame that, because of the pandemic, I had to buy from a
distant dealer without a test ride. If I'd have managed a test ride I'd
have known pretty much straight away.

Ah well, lesson learnt!

--
Gyp