Tom's hungry, time to eat lunch.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?

SubjectAuthor
* Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_PUbiquitous
+* Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ?EquBTR1701
|+- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With ERhino
|+* Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'EquAdam H. Kerman
||`- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'EquNoBody
|+- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'EquUbiquitous
|+- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Etrotsky
|`- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'EquUbiquitous
+* Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `EquMR JACK SIMION
|+- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `EquKlausSchadenfreude
|`- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `EquJerry Sauk
+- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `EquChristopher Perez
`- Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With ETravoltron

1
Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?

<L4adnf5jfMig7Sb9nZ2dnUU7-bnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7831&group=alt.food.fast-food#7831

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 08:38:12 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:38 UTC

The latest advertisement from Subway features none other than U.S.
Women�s soccer star, Megan Rapinoe. During the commercial, the World
Cup winner encourages a man to ditch his original plan to order
burritos for lunch and instead get a �freshly made Footlong from
Subway.�

In addition to her soccer-related prowess and apparent fandom of Subway
sandwiches, Rapinoe is also an outspoken advocate for gender equality
and so-called �equal pay.�

�Rapinoe says that when it comes to pay equity, the U.S. is due for a
�paradigm shift� in how we understand the value and potential of
women,� reported NPR.

�Men are so often paid and compensated on the potential that they show,
not necessarily what they�ve done,� Rapinoe said, according to the
outlet. �And women are so often paid on what they�ve actually done �
which normally I would say, we outperform what our contract was.�

With this in mind, The Daily Wire reached out to Subway regarding
Rapinoe�s partnership and asked the following questions.

1) How much was she paid for her appearance?

2) How much were the other actors in her commercial paid?

At the time of writing, Subway had not responded. However, it seems
reasonable to assume that Rapinoe � as the �star� of the commercial �
was paid more than the extras who played �man with burger,� �man with
phone,� or �man next to man with phone.�

https://youtu.be/yONqa6R6vrk

And if this is the case, shouldn�t Megan Rapinoe be outraged by such
unequal pay?

This is the same Rapinoe, after all, who appeared at the White House in
March to speak out against alleged pay discrimination between women and
men, suggesting that she should be paid the same as male soccer players
for doing �the same job.�

�I�ve been disrespected and dismissed because I am a woman. I�ve been
told that I don�t deserve any more than less because I am a woman,�
Rapinoe added.

Megan Rapinoe: "I've been devalued, I've been disrespected
and dismissed because I am a woman. I've been told that I
don't deserve any more than less because I am a woman. Despite
all the wins, I'm still paid less than men who do the same
job that I do." https://t.co/canJYaCV9s
pic.twitter.com/yFycaMbVXn

� CBS News (@CBSNews) March 24, 2021

Now, Rapinoe would likely argue that she, and not the extras, bring the
most value to Subway�s commercial campaign. And she would be right,
thereby contradicting the entire premise of her flawed campaign for
�equal pay.�

As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, �if you don�t bring in the
revenue, we can�t up your pay.�

Megan Rapinoe is � we can only assume � paid more than lesser-known
actors in her latest commercial because her �public status� is viewed
as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
expenditure.

The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
and the other women�s players are paid �less� than their male
counterparts.

If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
�man with burger,� �man with phone,� or �man next to man with phone?�

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ?Equal_Pay??

<atropos-4063E4.09382305062021@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7832&group=alt.food.fast-food#7832

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 09:38:23 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:38 UTC

In article <L4adnf5jfMig7Sb9nZ2dnUU7-bnNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> [...]

> thereby contradicting the entire premise of her flawed campaign for
> "equal pay".
>
> As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, "if you don't bring in the
> revenue, we can't up your pay."
>
> Megan Rapinoe is-- we can only assume-- paid more than lesser-known
> actors in her latest commercial because her "public status" is viewed
> as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
> the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
> expenditure.
>
> The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
> and the other women's players are paid less than their male
> counterparts.
>
> If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
> "man with burger", "man with phone", or "man next to man with phone"?

Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?

As for soccer, if the women's team wants the same pay as men, they
should start by upping their game to the point where a team of high
school boys can't beat them.

Or maybe they should all just identify as men. Then they'll either be
paid more or they'll prove the claim that "men are paid more" is wrong.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?

<s9gc2d$oau$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7833&group=alt.food.fast-food#7833

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re:_Will_Megan_Rapinoe_Share_Her_Subway_Paycheck_With_E
xtras_In_The_Name_Of_‘Equal_Pay’?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:25:32 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 17:25 UTC

On 2021-06-05 12:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, "if you don't bring in the
>> revenue, we can't up your pay."
>>
>> Megan Rapinoe is-- we can only assume-- paid more than lesser-known
>> actors in her latest commercial because her "public status" is viewed
>> as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
>> the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
>> expenditure.
>>
>> The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>> and the other women's players are paid less than their male
>> counterparts.
>>
>> If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>> "man with burger", "man with phone", or "man next to man with phone"?
>
> Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
> and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?

I think they have a different version for taxes: "From thee, from thee,
but not from me!"

--
Rhino

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'Equal Pay'?

<S9gcqn$hrg$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7834&group=alt.food.fast-food#7834

Followup: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Newsgroups: rec.arts,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Followup-to: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 17:30:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sat, 5 Jun 2021 17:30 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
>and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?

>As for soccer, if the women's team wants the same pay as men, they
>should start by upping their game to the point where a team of high
>school boys can't beat them.

>Or maybe they should all just identify as men. Then they'll either be
>paid more or they'll prove the claim that "men are paid more" is wrong.

Can't I watch women's soccer because they have really beautiful legs?
I'm not interested in a social equity message.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'Equal Pay'?

<eZydnUnIlIFftiH9nZ2dnUU7-fednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7835&group=alt.food.fast-food#7835

Followup: alt.flame.adam-h-kerman
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Followup-to: alt.flame.adam-h-kerman
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 21:58:13 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:58 UTC

In article <s9gcqn$hrg$3@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:

>I've cut that moron Ubi's crossposts to groups he doesn't read.

[Newsgroups I read restored.]

Do explain how you know which newsgropups one reads and doesn't.

Are you on the rag again and delirious from blood loss?

--
Trump won.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?

<s9icci$1eme$9@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7837&group=alt.food.fast-food#7837

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
xtras_In_The_Name_Of_‘Equal_Pay’?
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 06:43:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:43 UTC

On 6/5/21 11:38 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> [...]
>> the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
>> expenditure.
>>
>> The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>> and the other women's players are paid less than their male
>> counterparts.
>>
>> If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>> "man with burger", "man with phone", or "man next to man with phone"?
>
> Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
> and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?
>
> As for soccer, if the women's team wants the same pay as men, they
> should start by upping their game to the point where a team of high
> school boys can't beat them.
>
> Or maybe they should all just identify as men. Then they'll either be
> paid more or they'll prove the claim that "men are paid more" is wrong.

Gradually women, people of color, and LGBTQs will appeal to the woke
people of our society and neanderthals like you and Draymond will be
left in the lurch with your imaginary dicks in your hands.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings of course.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `Equal_Pay'?

<781569146.1849431.1622757418931@mail.yahoo.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7867&group=alt.food.fast-food#7867

From: mrsimion...@gmail.com (MR JACK SIMION)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 10:02:57 -0400
 by: MR JACK SIMION - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 14:02 UTC

weberm@polaris.net wrote:

> [...]
>thereby contradicting the entire premise of her flawed campaign for
>�equal pay.�
>
>As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, �if you don�t bring in the
>revenue, we can�t up your pay.�
>
>Megan Rapinoe is � we can only assume � paid more than lesser-known
>actors in her latest commercial because her �public status� is viewed
>as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
>the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
>expenditure.
>
>The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>and the other women�s players are paid �less� than their male
>counterparts.
>
>If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>�man with burger,� �man with phone,� or �man next to man with phone?�

As soon as I saw that commercial, I pitched my Subway gift card and deleted
their app. Will not be eating there again.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'Equal Pay'?

<1Ajpbgd9g4jbsie3e5r26dmlroqvbhaff7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7868&group=alt.food.fast-food#7868

Followup: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 09:38:28 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 13:38 UTC

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:38:31 -0500, "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

In article <S9gcqn$hrg$3@dont-email.me>, ahk@chinet.com wrote:
>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
>>and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?
>
>>As for soccer, if the women's team wants the same pay as men, they
>>should start by upping their game to the point where a team of high
>>school boys can't beat them.
>
>>Or maybe they should all just identify as men. Then they'll either be
>>paid more or they'll prove the claim that "men are paid more" is wrong.
>
>Can't I watch women's soccer because they have really beautiful legs?
>I'm not interested in a social equity message.

After seeing Rapinoe in that commercial, I vowed never again to seek a
Subway sandwich at 2 a.m. on a wintery night in Chicago.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `Equal_Pay'?

<lbasbg9mn460jh5sgqlsomeg99rvesa4gc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7869&group=alt.food.fast-food#7869

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 07:14:12 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Mon, 7 Jun 2021 14:14 UTC

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 10:02:57 -0400, MR JACK SIMION
<mrsimionjack751@gmail.com> wrote:

>weberm@polaris.net wrote:
>
>>The latest advertisement from Subway features none other than U.S.
>>Women’s soccer star, Megan Rapinoe. During the commercial, the World
>>Cup winner encourages a man to ditch his original plan to order
>>burritos for lunch and instead get a “freshly made Footlong from
>>Subway.”
>>
>>In addition to her soccer-related prowess and apparent fandom of Subway
>>sandwiches, Rapinoe is also an outspoken advocate for gender equality
>>and so-called “equal pay.”
<SNIP>
>>The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>>and the other women’s players are paid “less” than their male
>>counterparts.
>>
>>If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>>“man with burger,” “man with phone,” or “man next to man with phone?”
>
>As soon as I saw that commercial, I pitched my Subway gift card and deleted
>their app. Will not be eating there again.

Subway called me and said they were VERY worried about losing you as a
customer, and asked if you might reconsider your decision.

[chuckle]

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `Equal_Pay'?

<s9lav6$ioc$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7870&group=alt.food.fast-food#7870

From: pelosi-p...@abc.com (Christopher Perez)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 06:43:42 -0500
 by: Christopher Perez - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:43 UTC

Subway is gross. Go to a real sandwich shop.

weberm@polaris.net wrote:

> [...]
>�equal pay.�
>
>As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, �if you don�t bring in the
>revenue, we can�t up your pay.�
>
>Megan Rapinoe is � we can only assume � paid more than lesser-known
>actors in her latest commercial because her �public status� is viewed
>as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
>the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
>expenditure.
>
>The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>and the other women�s players are paid �less� than their male
>counterparts.
>
>If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>�man with burger,� �man with phone,� or �man next to man with phone?�

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of 'Equal Pay'?

<s9o43j$fm2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7878&group=alt.food.fast-food#7878

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:58:43 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 8 Jun 2021 15:58 UTC

lcraver@home.ca wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Oh, please... doesn't this author know about the Leftist Double Standard
>>>and the Leftist motto "To thee, to thee, but not for me"?
>>>
>>>As for soccer, if the women's team wants the same pay as men, they
>>>should start by upping their game to the point where a team of high
>>>school boys can't beat them.
>>>
>>>Or maybe they should all just identify as men. Then they'll either be
>>>paid more or they'll prove the claim that "men are paid more" is wrong.
>>
>>Can't I watch women's soccer because they have really beautiful legs?
>>I'm not interested in a social equity message.
>
>Knowing you I would have thought you'd be more interested in the
>bouncing jumping up and down by the whole squad when a goal was
>scored!

I don't think female soccer players are known for their breasts.
Perhap you're thinking of female volleyball players?

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Trump won.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of `Equal_Pay'?

<AcidnQAm44ERPUz9nZ2dnUU7-SlQAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8022&group=alt.food.fast-food#8022

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:12:12 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 04:12 UTC

"MR JACK SIMION" <mrsimionjack751@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>>As NBA star Draymond Green noted in April, "if you don't bring in the
>>revenue, we can't up your pay."
>>
>>Megan Rapinoe is - we can only assume - paid more than lesser-known
>>actors in her latest commercial because her "public status" is viewed
>>as an opportunity for profit by Subway. For Subway, Rapinoe brings in
>>the revenue, earning her a significant share of their corresponding
>>expenditure.
>>
>>The same is not true when it comes to U.S. soccer, hence why Rapinoe
>>and the other women's players are paid "less" than their male
>>counterparts.
>>
>>If Rapinoe disagrees, perhaps she should share her Subway paycheck with
>>"man with burger," "man with phone," or "man next to man with phone?"
>
> As soon as I saw that commercial, I pitched my Subway gift card and
> deleted
> their app. Will not be eating there again.

Wait, this is confusing. Why are you ditching your Subway card? Women
should only be paid the same as men if they do the same work as men. And
Men's softball a literally a million time's more popular then women's,
meaning it men generate far more money.

Is that the reason? Just wondering if I need to boycott Subway as well.

Re: Will Megan Rapinoe Share Her Subway Paycheck With Extras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?

<si5hca$1qvm$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8912&group=alt.food.fast-food#8912

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.commercials,alt.food.fast-food
xtras In The Name Of ‘Equal_Pay’?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 13:15:05 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 20:15 UTC

Dunno about Rapinoe, but from the pics I've seen, Hope Solo resembles
Subway's cold cuts.