Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 08:46:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Hunter HARSHER TREATMENT Than Roger Stone
From: 3452...@gmail.com (345...@gmail.com)
 by: 345...@gmail.com - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:46 UTC

On Sunday, June 25, 2023 at 9:06:26 PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> "Roger Stone and his wife had $2M in unpaid taxes (wayyy more than Hunter) and they weren't charged criminally and had no probation."
>
> Hunter Biden Reaches Plea Agreement With Federal Prosecutors On Tax Charges, Will Face Diversion Program On Gun Charge.
> Deadline - June 20, 2023
> -- https://deadline.com/2023/06/hunter-biden-plea-agreement-tax-charges-1235420604/

Roger didn't sell access to our government and the dementia-riddled POTUS to a foreign government for a cushy multi-million position like Hunter did. Oh, and Roger was paying the money back under an agreement with the IRS before the charges and IRS lawsuit were filed.

Wow, paying back money you owe to someone. That's a difficult concept for you, isn't it, krause? But being hauled into court because of that is very familiar for you. :)

Re: Hunter HARSHER TREATMENT Than Roger Stone

<2fej9it6gcbq0ion23dam68gitmhscm9pc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9002&group=rec.boats#9002

From: gfretwe...@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 09:17:54 -0700
 by: gfretwe...@aol.com - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 16:17 UTC

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 08:46:01 -0700 (PDT), "345...@gmail.com"
<3452471@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 25, 2023 at 9:06:26?PM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> "Roger Stone and his wife had $2M in unpaid taxes (wayyy more than Hunter) and they weren't charged criminally and had no probation."
>>
>> Hunter Biden Reaches Plea Agreement With Federal Prosecutors On Tax Charges, Will Face Diversion Program On Gun Charge.
>> Deadline - June 20, 2023
>> -- https://deadline.com/2023/06/hunter-biden-plea-agreement-tax-charges-1235420604/
>
>Roger didn't sell access to our government and the dementia-riddled POTUS to a foreign government for a cushy multi-million position like Hunter did. Oh, and Roger was paying the money back under an agreement with the IRS before the charges and IRS lawsuit were filed.
>
>Wow, paying back money you owe to someone. That's a difficult concept for you, isn't it, krause? But being hauled into court because of that is very familiar for you. :)

Look.. we know you're not too bright, and I'm sure you've tried
adjusting the brightness control on your TV, but it isn't helping.

Stop being a potato.

A former federal judge once lauded by the right for his conservative
legal opinions delivered a scathing rebuke of the Republican Party for
its continued fealty to Donald Trump.

J. Michael Luttig wrote in a New York Times op-ed that the GOP’s
“spineless support” has enabled the former president, despite his role
in the Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol and his Espionage Act
indictment in the classified documents scandal.

“Indeed, their fawning support since the Jan. 6 insurrection at the
Capitol has given Mr. Trump every reason to believe that he can ride
these charges and any others not just to the Republican nomination,
but also to the White House in 2024,” Luttig wrote.

He called Trump’s arguments that he has the right to hold onto any
documents he wants “preposterous,” and called out the party for being
ready to hand him the presidential nomination again.

“Building the Republican campaign around the newly indicted
front-runner is a colossal political miscalculation, as comedic as it
is tragic for the country,” Luttig wrote, adding that the campaign is
essentially one running against the U.S. Constitution.

“If the indictment of Mr. Trump on Espionage Act charges — not to
mention his now almost certain indictment for conspiring to obstruct
Congress from certifying Mr. Biden as the president on Jan. 6 — fails
to shake the Republican Party from its moribund political senses, then
it is beyond saving itself,” Luttig declared. “Nor ought it be saved.”

Trump’s campaign is doomed to fail, given the large number of
Americans who would never vote for him “if for no other perfectly
legitimate reason than that he has corrupted America’s democracy and
is now attempting to corrupt the country’s rule of law,” he argued.

Luttig, who was appointed to the federal bench by President George H.
W. Bush in 1991, “operated behind the scenes at the top of the
conservative legal world,” Politico wrote last year.

He advised then-Vice President Mike Pence not to cave to Trump’s
pressure to overturn the results of the 2020 election - advice Pence
ultimately heeded.