From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Best Mexican Taco?
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:28:20 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 22:28 UTC

https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/cocuyos-9-LOW.jpg?resize=800:*

This is a photo of what is reported to be the "best taco in Mexico."

Los Cocuyos, Mexico City: Taco de suadero
This taco is almost like a confit, cooked in its own juice and wrapped
in a mixture of different types of fats: suadero (brisket), tripe,
chorizo (sausage), and pig's head, all cooked in the same pot.
Rigoberto of Los Cocuyos finishes the preparation of his suadero by
frying the meat over the sheet of steel, just to give it a crisp
around the edges. Then he pours some drops of lime, radishes,
cilantro, onion, and either spicy red salsa made with avocado and
habanero or green sauce. The bite is soft, juicy, and friendly. It is
a fleeting pleasure that ends in a couple of seconds—one or two bites
and it's over. Then you'll be asking, "Can I get another one?"

Residents of Tlaquepaque agree. Chef Jorge Vallejo, owner of the "best
restaurant in Mexico", according to a list called Restaurant, agrees.
We all agree: suadero tacos from Los Cocuyos are among the best dishes
in Mexico. Not only because they are indescribably delicious, but
because they are a beacon of hope during every single citizen's
hungriest time: in the middle of the night.

The second best
https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/pitiona.jpg?resize=800:*

The third best
https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Porky03B.jpg?resize=800:*

The fourth best
https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Captura-de-pantalla-2016-09-13-a-las-13.15.43.png?resize=800:*

Re: Best Mexican Taco?

<2g66mghj43i83d7bfbgqrbnh7ld4jegk95@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9060&group=alt.food.fast-food#9060

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Best Mexican Taco?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 09:51:25 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 16:51 UTC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:28:20 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/cocuyos-9-LOW.jpg?resize=800:*
>
>This is a photo of what is reported to be the "best taco in Mexico."
>
>Los Cocuyos, Mexico City: Taco de suadero
>This taco is almost like a confit, cooked in its own juice and wrapped
>in a mixture of different types of fats: suadero (brisket), tripe,
>chorizo (sausage), and pig's head, all cooked in the same pot.
>Rigoberto of Los Cocuyos finishes the preparation of his suadero by
>frying the meat over the sheet of steel, just to give it a crisp
>around the edges. Then he pours some drops of lime, radishes,
>cilantro, onion, and either spicy red salsa made with avocado and
>habanero or green sauce. The bite is soft, juicy, and friendly. It is
>a fleeting pleasure that ends in a couple of seconds—one or two bites
>and it's over. Then you'll be asking, "Can I get another one?"
>
>Residents of Tlaquepaque agree. Chef Jorge Vallejo, owner of the "best
>restaurant in Mexico", according to a list called Restaurant, agrees.
>We all agree: suadero tacos from Los Cocuyos are among the best dishes
>in Mexico. Not only because they are indescribably delicious, but
>because they are a beacon of hope during every single citizen's
>hungriest time: in the middle of the night.
>
>The second best
>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/pitiona.jpg?resize=800:*
>
>The third best
>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Porky03B.jpg?resize=800:*
>
>The fourth best
>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Captura-de-pantalla-2016-09-13-a-las-13.15.43.png?resize=800:*

Note that NONE of them are a folded and fried tostada.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons...
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Re: Best Mexican Taco?

<3p76mglb7bt4g8fc9p88b7n6useu73ecsh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9066&group=alt.food.fast-food#9066

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 10:15:37 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:15 UTC

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 09:51:25 -0700, KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:28:20 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/cocuyos-9-LOW.jpg?resize=800:*
>>
>>This is a photo of what is reported to be the "best taco in Mexico."
>>
>>Los Cocuyos, Mexico City: Taco de suadero
>>This taco is almost like a confit, cooked in its own juice and wrapped
>>in a mixture of different types of fats: suadero (brisket), tripe,
>>chorizo (sausage), and pig's head, all cooked in the same pot.
>>Rigoberto of Los Cocuyos finishes the preparation of his suadero by
>>frying the meat over the sheet of steel, just to give it a crisp
>>around the edges. Then he pours some drops of lime, radishes,
>>cilantro, onion, and either spicy red salsa made with avocado and
>>habanero or green sauce. The bite is soft, juicy, and friendly. It is
>>a fleeting pleasure that ends in a couple of seconds—one or two bites
>>and it's over. Then you'll be asking, "Can I get another one?"
>>
>>Residents of Tlaquepaque agree. Chef Jorge Vallejo, owner of the "best
>>restaurant in Mexico", according to a list called Restaurant, agrees.
>>We all agree: suadero tacos from Los Cocuyos are among the best dishes
>>in Mexico. Not only because they are indescribably delicious, but
>>because they are a beacon of hope during every single citizen's
>>hungriest time: in the middle of the night.
>>
>>The second best
>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/pitiona.jpg?resize=800:*
>>
>>The third best
>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Porky03B.jpg?resize=800:*
>>
>>The fourth best
>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Captura-de-pantalla-2016-09-13-a-las-13.15.43.png?resize=800:*
>>

> Note that NONE of them are a folded and fried tostada.

Say, you're right!

So I guess what Taco Bell calls a "taco" isn't a real Mexican taco
after all!

No *wonder* Taco Bell failed in Mexico.

Oh, wait. There is *one* Taco Bell in Mexico!
https://locations.tacobell.com/mo/mexico/607-west-monroe-street.html

Re: Best Mexican Taco?

<tmjamgp7h5ji8gp0kjap6o0jc1nl5jha3b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9072&group=alt.food.fast-food#9072

From: compu...@gmail.com (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 02:01:29 -0700
 by: KWills - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 09:01 UTC

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 10:15:37 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 09:51:25 -0700, KWills <compuelf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 15:28:20 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
>><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/cocuyos-9-LOW.jpg?resize=800:*
>>>
>>>This is a photo of what is reported to be the "best taco in Mexico."
>>>
>>>Los Cocuyos, Mexico City: Taco de suadero
>>>This taco is almost like a confit, cooked in its own juice and wrapped
>>>in a mixture of different types of fats: suadero (brisket), tripe,
>>>chorizo (sausage), and pig's head, all cooked in the same pot.
>>>Rigoberto of Los Cocuyos finishes the preparation of his suadero by
>>>frying the meat over the sheet of steel, just to give it a crisp
>>>around the edges. Then he pours some drops of lime, radishes,
>>>cilantro, onion, and either spicy red salsa made with avocado and
>>>habanero or green sauce. The bite is soft, juicy, and friendly. It is
>>>a fleeting pleasure that ends in a couple of seconds—one or two bites
>>>and it's over. Then you'll be asking, "Can I get another one?"
>>>
>>>Residents of Tlaquepaque agree. Chef Jorge Vallejo, owner of the "best
>>>restaurant in Mexico", according to a list called Restaurant, agrees.
>>>We all agree: suadero tacos from Los Cocuyos are among the best dishes
>>>in Mexico. Not only because they are indescribably delicious, but
>>>because they are a beacon of hope during every single citizen's
>>>hungriest time: in the middle of the night.
>>>
>>>The second best
>>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/pitiona.jpg?resize=800:*
>>>
>>>The third best
>>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Porky03B.jpg?resize=800:*
>>>
>>>The fourth best
>>>https://munchies-images.vice.com/wp_upload/Captura-de-pantalla-2016-09-13-a-las-13.15.43.png?resize=800:*
>>>

>> Note that NONE of them are a folded and fried tostada.
>
>Say, you're right!
>
>So I guess what Taco Bell calls a "taco" isn't a real Mexican taco
>after all!

Taco Bell openly admits they don't sell *Mexican* food. You can
get Mexican *inspired* food at Taco Bell.

>No *wonder* Taco Bell failed in Mexico.
>
>Oh, wait. There is *one* Taco Bell in Mexico!
>https://locations.tacobell.com/mo/mexico/607-west-monroe-street.html

Well, it is in Mexico.

--
Be really good to your family and friends. You never know
when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Best Mexican Taco?