A is for Apple. -- Hester Pryne

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

SubjectAuthor
* Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
+* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
|+* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
||`- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?ltlee1
|`* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?frodo sam0
| +- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?Rusty Wyse
| `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
|  +- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?Rusty Wyse
|  `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?paul polikos
|   `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?frodo sam0
|    +* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?Rusty Wyse
|    |`- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?paul polikos
|    `- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?decadence thlon
`* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
 `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?paul polikos
  `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?frodo sam0
   `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?gerard jud
    `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
     `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
      `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
       `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
        `* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?wog wacker
         +* Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?frodo sam0
         |`- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?frodo sam0
         `- Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?gerard jud

1
Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<52ba4ff2-a730-489a-9748-cc71815aebc1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7143&group=soc.culture.china#7143

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 06:22:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sun, 28 Nov 2021 14:22 UTC

The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection

Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.

SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.

Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.

Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.

Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<53f0c43c-2961-403e-b5e8-4eda5d7626c1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7155&group=soc.culture.china#7155

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 16:41:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:41 UTC

On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
>
> https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
>
> Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA..
>
> SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide..
>
> Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
>
> Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
>
> Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/

Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<e48ea4b3-c074-41c1-ad84-59ba05dbe541n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7292&group=soc.culture.china#7292

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 05:27:19 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 13:27 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:42:01 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> >
> > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> >
> > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> >
> > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> >
> > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> >
> > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> >
> > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
>
> Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.

To all those freedom- and fun-loving Westerners:
Stop the partying, you idiots. You are putting the whole world at risk.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/04/omicron-outbreak-at-norway-christmas-party-is-biggest-outside-s-africa-authorities-say.html

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<25f587dc-f6f3-4073-afe2-79c7f65451c1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7296&group=soc.culture.china#7296

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 06:48:22 -0800 (PST)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 5 Dec 2021 14:48 UTC

On Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 1:27:21 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:42:01 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> > >
> > > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> > >
> > > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> > >
> > > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> > >
> > > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> > >
> > > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> > >
> > > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> > https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
> >
> > https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
> >
> > Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.
> To all those freedom- and fun-loving Westerners:
> Stop the partying, you idiots. You are putting the whole world at risk.
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/04/omicron-outbreak-at-norway-christmas-party-is-biggest-outside-s-africa-authorities-say.html

Every Covid-19 positive case is providing the virus with a platform to produce variants.
More Covid-19 cases means more variants with various infectiousness and lethality. Of
course, the long term trend is toward more infectiousness and less lethality. And finally
something like flu. But currently we do not know when the virus will reach that stage.
Months, years, or decades.

In the mean time, some variants could be highly infectious as well as highly lethal. Such
variants could kill a lot people in a short time.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<4cf9b501-2e93-42ba-aa71-80ca1142e5e2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7591&group=soc.culture.china#7591

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 17:21:35 -0800 (PST)
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 01:21 UTC

On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:42:01 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> >
> > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> >
> > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> >
> > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> >
> > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> >
> > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> >
> > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
>
> https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
>
> Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.

US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.

People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...

While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.

Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<81227486-7942-4306-9e40-f00b32a57a8an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7592&group=soc.culture.china#7592

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 18:35:39 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 02:35 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 5:21:37 PM UTC-8, frodo sam0 wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:42:01 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> > >
> > > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> > >
> > > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> > >
> > > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> > >
> > > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> > >
> > > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> > >
> > > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> > https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
> >
> > https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
> >
> > Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.
> US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
>
> What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.
>
> People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...
>
> While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.
>
> Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?

Well, you don't want the government to tell you what to do, you gotta suffer your self-indulgence...

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<78e0032b-2e95-4885-9950-d0c3ffac043fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7730&group=soc.culture.china#7730

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:46:16 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 01:46 UTC

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:21:37 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2021 at 12:42:01 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> > >
> > > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> > >
> > > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> > >
> > > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> > >
> > > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> > >
> > > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> > >
> > > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> > https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
> >
> > https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
> >
> > Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.
> US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
>
> What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.
>
> People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...
>
> While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.
>
> Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?

Read this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Daily new infections: US 300, UK 120K, France 180K...
Daily death in US approaching 2000 .

This wave is worse than all the previous ones but the worst is yet to come.

US, UK and Europe should go into lockdown. IF not, then the rest of the world should lock them out! No goods or people from there should be allowed in the rest of the world.

This is the kind of rule-based world we are living in. The Westerners make the rules, the rest of the world should follow blindly, no matter how harmful these rules are to the people.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<3fa18c2e-61c0-455c-be13-89897221fa3cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7736&group=soc.culture.china#7736

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 09:29:38 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Wed, 29 Dec 2021 17:29 UTC

On Tuesday, December 28, 2021 at 5:46:18 PM UTC-8, wog wacker wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:21:37 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:

> > > https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
> > >
> > > https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
> > >
> > > Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.
> > US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.
> >
> > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> >
> > What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.
> >
> > People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...
> >
> > While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.
> >
> > Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?
> Read this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
>
> Daily new infections: US 300, UK 120K, France 180K...
> Daily death in US approaching 2000 .
>
> This wave is worse than all the previous ones but the worst is yet to come.
>
> US, UK and Europe should go into lockdown. IF not, then the rest of the world should lock them out! No goods or people from there should be allowed in the rest of the world.
>
> This is the kind of rule-based world we are living in. The Westerners make the rules, the rest of the world should follow blindly, no matter how harmful these rules are to the people.

Perhaps, this may be the turning point...
Look at China today...
Only China has the Covid-19 successfully controlled...

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<f6e327f6-74ba-480a-8377-5b75d92be085n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7866&group=soc.culture.china#7866

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 04:34:54 -0800 (PST)
From: paulpoli...@gmail.com (paul polikos)
 by: paul polikos - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 12:34 UTC

On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 1:46:18 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 1:21:37 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:

> > > https://www.timesofisrael.com/slamming-the-door-on-omicron-israel-closes-its-borders-to-tourists/
> > >
> > > https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-ban-entry-foreigners-all-countries-over-omicron-2021-11-27/
> > >
> > > Smart move. Other countries should follow Israel.
> > US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.
> >
> > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> >
> > What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.
> >
> > People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...
> >
> > While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.
> >
> > Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?
> Read this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
>
> Daily new infections: US 300, UK 120K, France 180K...
> Daily death in US approaching 2000 .
>
> This wave is worse than all the previous ones but the worst is yet to come.
>
> US, UK and Europe should go into lockdown. IF not, then the rest of the world should lock them out! No goods or people from there should be allowed in the rest of the world.
>
> This is the kind of rule-based world we are living in. The Westerners make the rules, the rest of the world should follow blindly, no matter how harmful these rules are to the people.

Look how sick the US has become.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/us-counts-over-1-million-new-daily-covid-cases-in-global-record-.html

the worse is yet to come. there are predictions of over 2 million new infections per day.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<2d0a7628-dbad-46e9-a496-9e6b9ffa475dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7991&group=soc.culture.china#7991

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 02:15:18 -0800 (PST)
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:15 UTC

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:34:55 PM UTC, paul polikos wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 1:46:18 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:

> > > US daily new infections is climbing toward 200K, daily new infections in UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy combined exceeds 200K. Total deaths in the US is racing toward 850K.
> > >
> > > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> > >
> > > What happen? It's not a new wave. Like previous waves before it, its a continuation of the first wave which was not sufficiently dampened before control was relaxed.
> > >
> > > People held mass street protests, weak government gave in. Oh, the people are suffering from social distancing fatigue. Bring back mass traveling, mass spectator sports, mass social gatherings, mass wild partying...
> > >
> > > While the people revel, the virus is rejuvenated. This is still only about the Indian Desi variant. We have not touch on Omicron yet. When it goes full bloom, it's going to be much worse.
> > >
> > > Stupid Westerners! How can people like them dare to set rules for the rest of the world to follow?
> > Read this: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> >
> > Daily new infections: US 300, UK 120K, France 180K...
> > Daily death in US approaching 2000 .
> >
> > This wave is worse than all the previous ones but the worst is yet to come.
> >
> > US, UK and Europe should go into lockdown. IF not, then the rest of the world should lock them out! No goods or people from there should be allowed in the rest of the world.
> >
> > This is the kind of rule-based world we are living in. The Westerners make the rules, the rest of the world should follow blindly, no matter how harmful these rules are to the people.
> Look how sick the US has become.
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/04/us-counts-over-1-million-new-daily-covid-cases-in-global-record-.html
>
> the worse is yet to come. there are predictions of over 2 million new infections per day.

China's zero-tolerance policy against the Covid-19 pandemic is often criticized in the West. The recent lockdown in Xi'an has invited more criticisms.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/13/chinas-zero-covid-strategy-hurts-consumer-spending-more-than-manufacturing.html

"China’s export growth remained resilient throughout 2021, despite multiple warnings of slowing demand from overseas.

The risk is this time around, factories in other countries may be able to operate if their governments decide to pursue a strategy of coexistence with Covid.

China’s “zero-Covid policy can one hand ensure the retail activity, industrial activity can carry on, but if the world is successful in the way of ‘living with [the] virus,’ China may risk the growth divergence between the two,” said Gary Ng, Asia-Pacific economist at Natixis."

If the world is successful in the way of 'living with the virus'. It's a big "If". The virus is making people sick by the millions everyday. Those in the West still talk about 'living with the virus'.
If the virus can talk, it will have this to say: "Thank you, stupid Westerners".
But the result is being ignored.

The zero-tolerance policy is producing good results for China. The concluding remark of the article says it all.
"Mainland China reported 124 new, locally transmitted cases for Wednesday, for a total of 3,460 existing cases — and no new deaths. New cases in Xi’an city fell to six, down from 63 a week earlier. In the U.S., deaths from Covid average 1,700 a day, while hospitalizations hit a record 132,646 people as of Monday, according to Reuters."

Here's another, longer article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/12/business/china-zero-covid-policy-xian.html
It's focused on two recent incidents during the lockdown in Xi'an - a woman who had a miscarriage, a man who died of a heart attack, after both were refused treatment by hospitals staffs who strictly follow rules.

That's what happen in a rule-based world. Under what conditions to give exception to the rules? Two lives were lost in this case. The alternative scenario may be worse. If the two had been admitted to the hospitals, they may result in hospital staffs and patients being infected, creating two big clusters which later on may cause more than two deaths.

Westerners are taking every opportunity to criticize China's zero-tolerance policy. But they have no better alternative. People in the West are infected in the millions now. In a few weeks time, this will be interpreted into large number of deaths. Their economies will be wrecked for another year.

2022 will be another year when China's economy will lead the rest of the world. It will bring China closer to surpassing the US economically. This will strain US-China relationship further.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<79ad4df5-d873-442f-ba1e-e4ecb39c7376n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7999&group=soc.culture.china#7999

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:48:40 -0800 (PST)
From: rst888w...@gmail.com (Rusty Wyse)
 by: Rusty Wyse - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:48 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 2:15:19 AM UTC-8, frodo sam0 wrote:
> [...]
>
> That's what happen in a rule-based world. Under what conditions to give exception to the rules? Two lives were lost in this case. The alternative scenario may be worse. If the two had been admitted to the hospitals, they may result in hospital staffs and patients being infected, creating two big clusters which later on may cause more than two deaths.
>
> Westerners are taking every opportunity to criticize China's zero-tolerance policy. But they have no better alternative. People in the West are infected in the millions now. In a few weeks time, this will be interpreted into large number of deaths. Their economies will be wrecked for another year.
>
> 2022 will be another year when China's economy will lead the rest of the world. It will bring China closer to surpassing the US economically. This will strain US-China relationship further.

Well, at least, in the U.S., it's a free world...
You are free to die as well...

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<5b8d0c9c-4a1e-4d23-ad2e-f16282034410n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8013&group=soc.culture.china#8013

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 07:01:30 -0800 (PST)
From: paulpoli...@gmail.com (paul polikos)
 by: paul polikos - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:01 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 6:48:41 PM UTC, rst88...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Westerners are taking every opportunity to criticize China's zero-tolerance policy. But they have no better alternative. People in the West are infected in the millions now. In a few weeks time, this will be interpreted into large number of deaths. Their economies will be wrecked for another year.
> >
> > 2022 will be another year when China's economy will lead the rest of the world. It will bring China closer to surpassing the US economically. This will strain US-China relationship further.
> Well, at least, in the U.S., it's a free world...

It's chaos more than freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj-_9WMSbuc

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<175cd510-a5e8-442a-8b4a-b5ba83e8bed1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8036&group=soc.culture.china#8036

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 01:15:40 -0800 (PST)
From: decadenc...@gmail.com (decadence thlon)
 by: decadence thlon - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 09:15 UTC

On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 10:15:19 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:
> [...]
>
> That's what happen in a rule-based world. Under what conditions to give exception to the rules? Two lives were lost in this case. The alternative scenario may be worse. If the two had been admitted to the hospitals, they may result in hospital staffs and patients being infected, creating two big clusters which later on may cause more than two deaths.
>
> Westerners are taking every opportunity to criticize China's zero-tolerance policy. But they have no better alternative. People in the West are infected in the millions now. In a few weeks time, this will be interpreted into large number of deaths. Their economies will be wrecked for another year.
>
> 2022 will be another year when China's economy will lead the rest of the world. It will bring China closer to surpassing the US economically. This will strain US-China relationship further.

Look at the good results of China's zero-tolerance policy against the pandemic. They are undeniable.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Economy/China-trade-surplus-reached-record-in-2021-despite-trade-war
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-14/china-posts-record-trade-surplus-in-2021-on-soaring-exports
https://time.com/6139334/china-record-trade-surplus-2021/

China's zero-tolerance will see to its effective handling of the Omicron variant. While countries in the West which criticize and ridicule China's policy will be wrecked by the Omicron wave of the pandemic, China will continue on its smooth growth and rise.

2022 will be another sterling year for the Chinese economy.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<5c743c0b-a496-447f-add8-f50b005b44d2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8113&group=soc.culture.china#8113

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 00:28:46 -0800 (PST)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 08:28 UTC

On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
>
> https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
>
> Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA..
>
> SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide..
>
> Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
>
> Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
>
> Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.

Omicron was present in the US earlier than it was detected in S. Africa.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7103a5.htm?s_cid=mm7103a5_w

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/590776-cdc-report-suggests-omicron-arrived-in-the-us

Again, this proves that the place where the coronavirus is first detected or discovered cannot be assumed to be the place of its origin. "China is the origin of the Covid-Sars-2" is a wrong assumption.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<6ce318a7-9645-44ab-a513-ea007274e846n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8198&group=soc.culture.china#8198

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:52:13 -0800 (PST)
From: paulpoli...@gmail.com (paul polikos)
 by: paul polikos - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:52 UTC

On Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 8:28:47 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> >
> > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> >
> > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> >
> > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> >
> > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> >
> > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> >
> > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> Omicron was present in the US earlier than it was detected in S. Africa.
>
> https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7103a5.htm?s_cid=mm7103a5_w
>
> https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/590776-cdc-report-suggests-omicron-arrived-in-the-us
>
> Again, this proves that the place where the coronavirus is first detected or discovered cannot be assumed to be the place of its origin. "China is the origin of the Covid-Sars-2" is a wrong assumption.

Ave daily new infections above 500K. Total deaths have exceeded 900K. Ave daily death above 2K, within 2-3 mths, will hit 1Million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<98e3630d-7394-4eaf-be84-caa3f3ac3961n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8328&group=soc.culture.china#8328

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:10:51 -0800 (PST)
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 06:10 UTC

On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 1:52:15 AM UTC, paul polikos wrote:
> On Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 8:28:47 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 2:22:14 PM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> > > The Americans think they can use the latest variant to slap China.
> > >
> > > https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3157645/omicron-variant-slap-china-us-praises-south-africas-detection
> > >
> > > Not so fast. There's already have a new wave in US and Europe for weeks before a new variant, Omicron, emerges. Initially reported as "discovered" in South Africa (SA). Now reported as first “detected" there. The soft power of the West is making it to be believed that it originated from SA.
> > >
> > > SA may have growing number of infections recently but it is nothing compared to the number of infections in US and Europe. It is more likely that the new variant has originated in the latter two regions. If the world only blocks travels from SA and countries around it but not those from US and Europe, this variant is going to create another round of devastation worldwide.
> > >
> > > Those freedom and individual rights of the Westerners have failed the world again. They reject vaccination, refused to wear mask and protest in big groups. Many carry the virus, providing fertile grounds for it to flourish and mutate.
> > >
> > > Again, China's zero-tolerance have been proven right. This means few Chinese carry the virus which means low probability of mutations. Despite having the world's largest population, China has not been the source of new variants. In fact, it is not even the origin of the pandemic.
> > >
> > > Sure, the Chinese economy loses out on tourism. But it gains much more from goods which its healthy population can continue to produce.
> > Omicron was present in the US earlier than it was detected in S. Africa..
> >
> > https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7103a5.htm?s_cid=mm7103a5_w
> >
> > https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/590776-cdc-report-suggests-omicron-arrived-in-the-us
> >
> > Again, this proves that the place where the coronavirus is first detected or discovered cannot be assumed to be the place of its origin. "China is the origin of the Covid-Sars-2" is a wrong assumption.
> Ave daily new infections above 500K. Total deaths have exceeded 900K. Ave daily death above 2K, within 2-3 mths, will hit 1Million.
>
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This guy is worth listening to, not only because he's a highly qualified medical professional, but also because he talks a lot of sense backed up with a lot of data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IAD5NyqWg

Nearing the end, he offers some gems of advice.
43:50 What Happens Next
52:10 Managing Pandemics
52:50 A Few Lessons

Governments around the world should take heed.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<a4b3c7b2-637c-4fec-972c-5e841db5f26cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8725&group=soc.culture.china#8725

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 18:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:31 UTC

On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at 6:10:53 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:
> On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 1:52:15 AM UTC, paul polikos wrote:

> > > Omicron was present in the US earlier than it was detected in S. Africa.
> > >
> > > https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7103a5.htm?s_cid=mm7103a5_w
> > >
> > > https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/590776-cdc-report-suggests-omicron-arrived-in-the-us
> > >
> > > Again, this proves that the place where the coronavirus is first detected or discovered cannot be assumed to be the place of its origin. "China is the origin of the Covid-Sars-2" is a wrong assumption.
> > Ave daily new infections above 500K. Total deaths have exceeded 900K. Ave daily death above 2K, within 2-3 mths, will hit 1Million.
> >
> > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> This guy is worth listening to, not only because he's a highly qualified medical professional, but also because he talks a lot of sense backed up with a lot of data.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IAD5NyqWg
>
> Nearing the end, he offers some gems of advice.
> 43:50 What Happens Next
> 52:10 Managing Pandemics
> 52:50 A Few Lessons
>
> Governments around the world should take heed.

It's over 1 Million dead in the US; and still counting up.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<a7addc1c-5685-4a3c-9a10-ba637755481en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8922&group=soc.culture.china#8922

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 23:04:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 06:04 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 1:31:41 AM UTC, gera...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at 6:10:53 AM UTC, frodo sam0 wrote:

> > > Ave daily new infections above 500K. Total deaths have exceeded 900K. Ave daily death above 2K, within 2-3 mths, will hit 1Million.
> > >
> > > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> > This guy is worth listening to, not only because he's a highly qualified medical professional, but also because he talks a lot of sense backed up with a lot of data.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IAD5NyqWg
> >
> > Nearing the end, he offers some gems of advice.
> > 43:50 What Happens Next
> > 52:10 Managing Pandemics
> > 52:50 A Few Lessons
> >
> > Governments around the world should take heed.
> It's over 1 Million dead in the US; and still counting up.
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The recent lockdown of Shanghai to combat the spread of the pandemic has attracted much negative reporting from the Western and Taiwanese media. They have a field day showing videos of some Shanghainese expressing their anger at the authority.

Before Shanghai, other cities have been lockdowned before. They have been effective in controlling the spread of the pandemic. The difference with Shanghai is that it is the largest city to have been lockdowned so far. It’s a city of 26 million! Lockdown has to be sudden or it will be ineffective. The suddenness of it will also create sudden disruptions of lives of its residents, with many accompanying problems. These will be sorted out over time. Resources from other parts of China will be available for Shanghai. As long as only one city or province are infected, the rest of China can come together to fix the problem. The alternative scenario, no lockdown, allowing the pandemic to spread widely throughout China, would be much worse.

Those foreigners who wish the worse for China will be disappointed, yet again. Those Shanghainese who have protested only make up a tiny fraction of the population of the city. The spread of infections in Shanghai will be contained and it will return to business as usual within a short period of time.

So far, China has held an excellent record in combating the spread of the pandemic. Being the most populous nation on earth, its total number of infections is much lower than many less populous nations. Lockdowns have negligible effect on the economy. Because of the lockdowns, the spread is contained. Most Chinese citizens remain healthy, and therefore productive, most of the time. As a result, China’s economic growth continues to impress..

Those who follow the Western way, where instead of lockdown, the mitigating measures are relaxed once the pandemic falls from its most recent peak, will suffer bigger and bigger waves of the pandemic, long into the future.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<b1d1c30a-a9f3-4fe6-9089-469ce2a24fb4n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8932&group=soc.culture.china#8932

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 20:42:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 03:42 UTC

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 6:04:55 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 1:31:41 AM UTC, gera...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > This guy is worth listening to, not only because he's a highly qualified medical professional, but also because he talks a lot of sense backed up with a lot of data.
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32IAD5NyqWg
> > >
> > > Nearing the end, he offers some gems of advice.
> > > 43:50 What Happens Next
> > > 52:10 Managing Pandemics
> > > 52:50 A Few Lessons
> > >
> > > Governments around the world should take heed.
> > It's over 1 Million dead in the US; and still counting up.
> > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> The recent lockdown of Shanghai to combat the spread of the pandemic has attracted much negative reporting from the Western and Taiwanese media. They have a field day showing videos of some Shanghainese expressing their anger at the authority.
>
> Before Shanghai, other cities have been lockdowned before. They have been effective in controlling the spread of the pandemic. The difference with Shanghai is that it is the largest city to have been lockdowned so far. It’s a city of 26 million! Lockdown has to be sudden or it will be ineffective. The suddenness of it will also create sudden disruptions of lives of its residents, with many accompanying problems. These will be sorted out over time. Resources from other parts of China will be available for Shanghai. As long as only one city or province are infected, the rest of China can come together to fix the problem. The alternative scenario, no lockdown, allowing the pandemic to spread widely throughout China, would be much worse.
>
> Those foreigners who wish the worse for China will be disappointed, yet again. Those Shanghainese who have protested only make up a tiny fraction of the population of the city. The spread of infections in Shanghai will be contained and it will return to business as usual within a short period of time.
>
> So far, China has held an excellent record in combating the spread of the pandemic. Being the most populous nation on earth, its total number of infections is much lower than many less populous nations. Lockdowns have negligible effect on the economy. Because of the lockdowns, the spread is contained. Most Chinese citizens remain healthy, and therefore productive, most of the time. As a result, China’s economic growth continues to impress.
>
> Those who follow the Western way, where instead of lockdown, the mitigating measures are relaxed once the pandemic falls from its most recent peak, will suffer bigger and bigger waves of the pandemic, long into the future.

Look at it in numbers.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For the world, total number of infections is approaching 500 million, death about 6.2 million.

China, pop. of 1.4 billion, total number of infections is about 165,000, death about 4,600.

US, pop. of 330 million, total number of infections has exceeded 82 million, death has exceeded 1 million!

Singapore, pop. of 6 million, total number of infections is about 1 million, death about 1,300.

The Chinese approach to combating the pandemic should be an example for the rest of the world to follow. It is based on science, not politics. In the West and its followers, it is based on politics. "Oh, the people are experiencing isolation-fatigue, they are protesting." The ruling party, fearing that it is getting unpopular and may lose in the next election, begins to reduce or remove mitigating measures. These countries are going to experience another big wave of the pandemic soon.

When it comes to combating the COVID-19 pandemic, the West should shut-up and listen to the Chinese.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<30b9672a-9aaf-4dee-9fc1-036df616bc53n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9191&group=soc.culture.china#9191

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:06:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 02:06 UTC

On Sunday, April 10, 2022 at 3:42:58 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> [...]
>
> US, pop. of 330 million, total number of infections has exceeded 82 million, death has exceeded 1 million!
>
> Singapore, pop. of 6 million, total number of infections is about 1 million, death about 1,300.
>
> The Chinese approach to combating the pandemic should be an example for the rest of the world to follow. It is based on science, not politics. In the West and its followers, it is based on politics. "Oh, the people are experiencing isolation-fatigue, they are protesting." The ruling party, fearing that it is getting unpopular and may lose in the next election, begins to reduce or remove mitigating measures. These countries are going to experience another big wave of the pandemic soon.
>
> When it comes to combating the COVID-19 pandemic, the West should shut-up and listen to the Chinese.

China should remain steadfast in the way it is combating the pandemic. Call it zero-tolerance or whatever you want, its basic aim is to contain detected infections to prevent them from spreading nationwide. It has been effective so far.

What would the Western way of "living with the virus" be like for China?

Take a look at the US.
Nearly 60% of people in the United States, including 3 in 4 children, have now been infected with Omicron or another coronavirus variant, data released Tuesday show.
https://www.statnews.com/2022/04/26/with-omicron-nearly-60-percent-in-us-infected-covid/

60% of the population of China would translate to about 850 million people! The number of children infected and the number of deaths would be in many millions too. No public health system in the world would be able to cope. It would be a national disaster for China.

It is not the end of the pandemic for the US yet. A new wave is in the making. Daily infections have been rising for the past days, reaching beyond 60,000 now. This new wave will be bigger than all the previous ones. This has been the case so far. This is the result of "living with the virus". It means new variants creating new and bigger waves in a vicious cycle.

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<35fb83ac-2c93-453f-aa40-f41ef2be992en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9245&group=soc.culture.china#9245

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 22:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Wed, 4 May 2022 05:11 UTC

On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 2:06:26 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> [...]
> https://www.statnews.com/2022/04/26/with-omicron-nearly-60-percent-in-us-infected-covid/
>
> 60% of the population of China would translate to about 850 million people! The number of children infected and the number of deaths would be in many millions too. No public health system in the world would be able to cope. It would be a national disaster for China.
>
> It is not the end of the pandemic for the US yet. A new wave is in the making. Daily infections have been rising for the past days, reaching beyond 60,000 now. This new wave will be bigger than all the previous ones. This has been the case so far. This is the result of "living with the virus". It means new variants creating new and bigger waves in a vicious cycle.

New variant of omicron is creating a new wave in the US.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/03/health/fitter-omicron-descendants-covid-variants/index.html

Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<a5f12a7b-097c-464e-9fc3-619943950e6an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9247&group=soc.culture.china#9247

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 22:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: wogwac...@gmail.com (wog wacker)
 by: wog wacker - Wed, 4 May 2022 05:24 UTC

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 at 5:11:48 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:
> On Saturday, April 30, 2022 at 2:06:26 AM UTC, wog wacker wrote:

> > > Look at it in numbers.
> > >
> > > https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
> > >
> > > For the world, total number of infections is approaching 500 million, death about 6.2 million.
> > >
> > > China, pop. of 1.4 billion, total number of infections is about 165,000, death about 4,600.
> > >
> > > US, pop. of 330 million, total number of infections has exceeded 82 million, death has exceeded 1 million!
> > >
> > > Singapore, pop. of 6 million, total number of infections is about 1 million, death about 1,300.
> > >
> > > The Chinese approach to combating the pandemic should be an example for the rest of the world to follow. It is based on science, not politics. In the West and its followers, it is based on politics. "Oh, the people are experiencing isolation-fatigue, they are protesting." The ruling party, fearing that it is getting unpopular and may lose in the next election, begins to reduce or remove mitigating measures. These countries are going to experience another big wave of the pandemic soon.
> > >
> > > When it comes to combating the COVID-19 pandemic, the West should shut-up and listen to the Chinese.
> > China should remain steadfast in the way it is combating the pandemic. Call it zero-tolerance or whatever you want, its basic aim is to contain detected infections to prevent them from spreading nationwide. It has been effective so far.
> >
> > What would the Western way of "living with the virus" be like for China?
> >
> > Take a look at the US.
> > Nearly 60% of people in the United States, including 3 in 4 children, have now been infected with Omicron or another coronavirus variant, data released Tuesday show.
> > https://www.statnews.com/2022/04/26/with-omicron-nearly-60-percent-in-us-infected-covid/
> >
> > 60% of the population of China would translate to about 850 million people! The number of children infected and the number of deaths would be in many millions too. No public health system in the world would be able to cope. It would be a national disaster for China.
> >
> > It is not the end of the pandemic for the US yet. A new wave is in the making. Daily infections have been rising for the past days, reaching beyond 60,000 now. This new wave will be bigger than all the previous ones. This has been the case so far. This is the result of "living with the virus". It means new variants creating new and bigger waves in a vicious cycle.
> New variant of omicron is creating a new wave in the US.
> https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/03/health/fitter-omicron-descendants-covid-variants/index.html

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Oh my God, Omicron, where art thou from?

<cbe2dee6-a5da-4eaf-8897-fa5a6acbb296n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9298&group=soc.culture.china#9298

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 19:02:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Sun, 8 May 2022 02:02 UTC

<5752c456-3d89-432b-82fe-0c7db5e91b91n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9393&group=soc.culture.china#9393

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 08:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Sun, 15 May 2022 15:40 UTC

<d4fbf27e-b7a3-49c1-9e59-561d434c20a2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9673&group=soc.culture.china#9673

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 19:58:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: frodos...@gmail.com (frodo sam0)
 by: frodo sam0 - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 02:58 UTC