From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Russia Isn’t a Military State.
It’s a Delusional One
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 14:56:36 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:opRA8+Oa+hXRPHcuVTKYZHxjw0Y=
 by: A. Filip - Mon, 9 May 2022 14:56 UTC

"David P." <imbibe@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Russia Isn’t a Military State. It’s a Delusional One
> By Yulia Latynina, May 1, 2022, WSJ
>
> When Russian tanks were shelling the nuclear core at the
> Zaporozhskaya power plant with live rounds, not all of the
> shells exploded because they were too old and decrepit. This
> story, told to me by Piotr Kotin, head of the company that owns
> the plant, is a metaphor for Vladimir Putin’s war on Ukraine.
[…]
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-isnt-a-military-state-its-a-delusional-one-putin-ukraine-war-propaganda-military-nuclear-outdated-11651420669

It is cheap and straightforward "in fight utilization".
Pentagon would make US taxpayers pay twice extra
for utilization and new ammo ;-)

My nightmare is that "Ukrainian operation" seen as
"mass live ammo exercises/check" before next operations.
I hope Putinistan will repeat its (military) mistakes.
I do not count on it (too much).

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
It is risky not to see "Ukrainian operation" *also* as gaining experience.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.