Be both a speaker of words and a doer of deeds. -- Homer

interests / soc.culture.china / Re: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come

SubjectAuthor
* Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation isltlee1
+* Re: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation isborie
|`- Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation isA. Filip
`* Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation isA. Filip
 `* Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine specialltlee1
  `- Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation isA. Filip

1
Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come

<4250b132-f84b-410b-8ebd-e144f704416an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9354&group=soc.culture.china#9354

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 18:48:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is
about to come
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 12 May 2022 01:48 UTC

https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/

"The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine will be changed.. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on the situation.

“Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are driven specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There will be a turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I don’t know how long the active phase will last, but in any case it will be relatively short. Everything is going according to plan," Mikhailov said.

Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot down - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."

Re: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come

<f8fb1af3-5da3-46e4-bcac-fa287e735bfan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9380&group=soc.culture.china#9380

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 23:44:02 -0700 (PDT)
about to come
From: zifon...@gmail.com (borie)
 by: borie - Sun, 15 May 2022 06:44 UTC

On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 9:48:24 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/
>
> "The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine will be changed. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on the situation.
>
> “Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are driven specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There will be a turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I don’t know how long the active phase will last, but in any case it will be relatively short. Everything is going according to plan," Mikhailov said.
>
> Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot down - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."

Mariupol's steel factory is captured. 300 Ukraine and International soldiers inside hidden there were captured. The Ukraine and their international soldiers from UK, US, and EU military are now on the way to Russia for interrogation jail and to be served hot foods with war crime charges against Russia.

Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come [Russian Truth]

<anfi+pwr3m20z5f-m5f0@wp.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9383&group=soc.culture.china#9383

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come [Russian Truth]
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 08:15:46 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:lWSIPQ4zFLXllyWD70dKknsE64w=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 15 May 2022 08:15 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/
>
> "The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data
> that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine will
> be changed. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on the
> situation.
>
> “Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian
> nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are driven
> specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There will be a
> turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I don’t know
> how long the active phase will last, but in any case it will be
> relatively short. Everything is going according to plan," Mikhailov
> said.
>
> Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by
> the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by
> high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed
> Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot down
> - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."

Isn't it _most likely_ mostly a wishful thinking *for you*?
It is for me *without (appended) statistics to support it*.

It is easier to see what you want to see,
He wants to see it, I don't. Do YOU want to see it?

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| Getting into trouble is easy. (D. Winkel and F. Prosser)

Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come

<anfi+1j12a03n0f-m5f0@wp.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9384&group=soc.culture.china#9384

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Subject: Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 08:21:54 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:dSHpe9MomoDLKRyPkOz/h8hIaWk=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 15 May 2022 08:21 UTC

borie <zifon990@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 9:48:24 AM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
>> https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/
>>
>> "The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data
>> that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine
>> will be changed. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on
>> the situation.
>>
>> “Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian
>> nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are
>> driven specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There
>> will be a turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I
>> don’t know how long the active phase will last, but in any case it
>> will be relatively short. Everything is going according to plan,"
>> Mikhailov said.
>>
>> Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by
>> the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by
>> high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed
>> Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot
>> down - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."
>
> Mariupol's steel factory is captured. 300 Ukraine and International
> soldiers inside hidden there were captured. The Ukraine and their
> international soldiers from UK, US, and EU military are now on the way
> to Russia for interrogation jail and to be served hot foods with war
> crime charges against Russia.

Fighting Russian army *in Ukraine* is a war crime against Russia?

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory...
| :-) (Larry Wall in <1991Jul13.010945.19157@netlabs.com)

Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come [Russian Truth]

<30038151-d4a3-46f7-bcce-c8ea92580052n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9387&group=soc.culture.china#9387

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 03:47:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special
operation is about to come [Russian Truth]
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 15 May 2022 10:47 UTC

On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 4:16:34 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
> ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/
> >
> > "The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data
> > that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine will
> > be changed. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on the
> > situation.
> >
> > “Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian
> > nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are driven
> > specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There will be a
> > turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I don’t know
> > how long the active phase will last, but in any case it will be
> > relatively short. Everything is going according to plan," Mikhailov
> > said.
> >
> > Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by
> > the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by
> > high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed
> > Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot down
> > - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."
> Isn't it _most likely_ mostly a wishful thinking *for you*?
> It is for me *without (appended) statistics to support it*.
>
> It is easier to see what you want to see,
> He wants to see it, I don't. Do YOU want to see it?

In total agreement with you concerning the lack of supporting evidence.
But then not knowing what really is going on is always the case. Nothing
new.

The issue is what this kind of writing signals. The obvious one is be patient.
A breaking point is coming. And then what?

Russians COULD seize some latest gain, real or imagined, and call it quits as
suggested by the following Fox news.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-current-phase-invasion-cut-losses-kherson-referendum
Russia has signaled intent to end 'current phase' of invasion, cut losses with Kherson
referendum: expert
"Realizing he can’t win the war – as long as the U.S. and NATO are providing formidable
weaponry and real-time intelligence to Ukraine – Putin is probably considering cutting his
losses and ending the operation at this stage," Koffler said.

"If Putin absorbs Kherson into Russia or at least establishes another breakaway ‘People’s
Republic’ — like Donetsk and Luhansk — he will have achieved the goals of this current
phase of war," she added.

Re: Pravda.RU: Expert says a 'turning point' in the Ukraine special operation is about to come [Russian Truth]

<anfi+n5rsqxb3pf-m5f0@wp.eu>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9389&group=soc.culture.china#9389

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 12:09:14 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:fwlfEJxfGMk8TZbX27KE78NTZ/U=
 by: A. Filip - Sun, 15 May 2022 12:09 UTC

ltlee1 <ltlee1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 4:16:34 AM UTC-4, A. Filip wrote:
>> ltlee1 wrote:
>> > https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/151730-turningpoint/
>> >
>> > "The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation daily voices data
>> > that indicate that the course of the special operation in Ukraine will
>> > be changed. Political scientist Yevgeny Mikhailov commented on the
>> > situation.
>> >
>> > “Every day there are hundreds of killed Ukrainian
>> > nationalists. People do not go to surrender, only when they are driven
>> > specifically into certain conditions, they surrender. There will be a
>> > turning point. It is already beginning in hostilities. I don’t know
>> > how long the active phase will last, but in any case it will be
>> > relatively short. Everything is going according to plan," Mikhailov
>> > said.
>> >
>> > Enemy equipment coming from the West is systematically destroyed by
>> > the Russian army, multiple launch rocket systems are hit by
>> > high-precision strikes, warehouses, fortified areas of the Armed
>> > Forces of Ukraine are liquidated, missiles and aircraft are shot down
>> > - "the enemy is bleeding", the polititologist concluded."
>> Isn't it _most likely_ mostly a wishful thinking *for you*?
>> It is for me *without (appended) statistics to support it*.
>>
>> It is easier to see what you want to see,
>> He wants to see it, I don't. Do YOU want to see it?
>>
> In total agreement with you concerning the lack of supporting evidence.
> But then not knowing what really is going on is always the case. Nothing
> new.
>
> The issue is what this kind of writing signals. The obvious one is be patient.
> A breaking point is coming. And then what?
>
> Russians COULD seize some latest gain, real or imagined, and call it quits as
> suggested by the following Fox news.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-current-phase-invasion-cut-losses-kherson-referendum
> Russia has signaled intent to end 'current phase' of invasion, cut losses with Kherson
> referendum: expert
> "Realizing he can’t win the war – as long as the U.S. and NATO are providing formidable
> weaponry and real-time intelligence to Ukraine – Putin is probably considering cutting his
> losses and ending the operation at this stage," Koffler said.
>
> "If Putin absorbs Kherson into Russia or at least establishes another breakaway ‘People’s
> Republic’ — like Donetsk and Luhansk — he will have achieved the goals of this current
> phase of war," she added.

For me it looks like:
1. Maximum/optimistic goals are unlikely++ to be achieved by Russia
[ takeover of Ukraine e.g. by installing new friendly regime ]
2. Minimum (face saving + little) goals quite likely will be achieved
at _short term_ acceptable costs

IMHO Short term disaster for Putinistan is possible but unlikely.
Long term consequences are another story, IMHO it will not be too hard
to sell it to Russians as (limited) success/victory.