Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 02:49:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Independence for the Ryukyu!
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Sun, 15 May 2022 09:49 UTC

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 7:56:12 AM UTC, wogw...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 2:59:48 AM UTC, moody...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201709290008.html
> > >
> > > Those who have experienced Japanese atrocities can never forget them. They were so inhuman. The worse is that this may happen all over again, with the Jap re-militarising themselves feverishly now.
> > >
> > > The only way forward for the Rhukyuans is Independence.
> >
> > http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/11/okinawa-rally-mourns-governor-opposes-us-base-relocation.html
> >

> > Another fighter against mighty USA have passed away. Another light for Ryukyuans' Independence have dimmed out.
> >
> > When it comes to Okinawa, the world can clearly see the hypocrisies of the US-led West. Okinawa was originally an independent kingdom of the Ryukyus. It was conquered by Japan and its people forcibly assimilated by the Japs. It was captured by the the Americans at the end of WW2 with much lost of lives for the Ryukuans who were forced to commit suicide by their Japs conquerors. The Americans don’t give a shit about this. They returned the Ryukyus to the Japs because the Japs allowed the Americans to set up huge military bases there. The humans rights and the freedom of the original Ryukyuans are completely ignored to this day. UN Commission for Human Rights, Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International never raise a voice about this.
> >
> > Comparing the attitude toward the Ryukyuans and the Chinese, the hypocrisies of the Americans are obvious.
> > While they show so much concern about the human rights of a few Chinese dissidents, they don’t give a hoot about the basic rights of the much larger number of Ryukyuans.
> > While they do not think twice about giving away all Ryukyuans territories to the Japs, they challenge the Chinese for the freedom-of-navigation in Chinese territories in the South China Sea.
> http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201902260038.html
>
> The result of a referendum favorable to the Ryukyuans are ignored by the Japanese government. Where are the freedom, human rights and democracy ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/15/asia/okinawa-marks-50th-anniversary-of-end-of-us-occupation-intl-hnk/index.html

It's been 50 years since the Americans pushed the Ryukyuans back to Japanese rule.

Before present day Okinawa, there was the Ryukyu, an independent kingdom. In 1875 the Japs invaded and annexed the Ryukyu and renamed it the Okinawa Prefecture of Japan. This marked the beginning of the sufferings of the Ryukyuans under extremely atrocious Japanese rule which lasted till the end of WW2. After the War, the Ryukyu was under US occupation. There were agitations for Independence but they were suppressed. World events did not favor it.. After WW2, the Cold War set in. The Americans set up military bases in the Ryukyu to counter Communist China and the Soviet Union.

In 1972, the Americans handed the Ryukyu back to the Japs who promised to retain the American bases. This was done without any consultation with the Ryukyuans. This is a very cruel and inhuman historical act. It's like pushing the survivals of Auschwitz back to the clutches of their Nazi torturers.

Since 1972, there have been ceaseless Japanization of the Ryukyu. It is now only known to the world as Okinawa, a Japanese Prefecture. The original native Ryukyuans are declining in numbers but they still have not given up hope on their return to independence. But it is most unlikely to happen. The Americans and Japs are in cahoots to keep the Ryukyu under Japs rule. This time the pretext is to contain China.

Now the world can see what fucking hypocrites the American and the Japs are when they protest over what the Russians are doing in Ukraine.

Re: Independence for the Ryukyu!

<aa51b8c2-a00c-49e5-861f-b2dd86b53f5en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9412&group=soc.culture.china#9412

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 21:44:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: gerard...@gmail.com (gerard jud)
 by: gerard jud - Mon, 16 May 2022 04:44 UTC

On Sunday, May 15, 2022 at 9:49:28 AM UTC, gerard jud wrote:
> [...]
>
> In 1972, the Americans handed the Ryukyu back to the Japs who promised to retain the American bases. This was done without any consultation with the Ryukyuans. This is a very cruel and inhuman historical act. It's like pushing the survivals of Auschwitz back to the clutches of their Nazi torturers..
>
> Since 1972, there have been ceaseless Japanization of the Ryukyu. It is now only known to the world as Okinawa, a Japanese Prefecture. The original native Ryukyuans are declining in numbers but they still have not given up hope on their return to independence. But it is most unlikely to happen. The Americans and Japs are in cahoots to keep the Ryukyu under Japs rule. This time the pretext is to contain China.
>
> Now the world can see what fucking hypocrites the American and the Japs are when they protest over what the Russians are doing in Ukraine.

Okinawa. A case of American evil.

Okinawa was once the independent island Kingdom of Ryukyu. In 1875, the Japs invaded the island and later renamed it the Okinawa Prefecture of Japan. The natives were subjected to extremely atrocious Japanese rule. Over time, the Jap invaders carried out systematic ethnic cleansing and genocide to decimate the natives.

In 1945, the Americans captured the Ryukyu from the Japs with heavy loss of native lives.

In 1972, the Americans, without betting an eyelid on what the Japs had done to the Ryukyuans, returned the Ryukyu to Japs’ rule in exchange for military bases there.

How evil can things be in this world?