If you find a solution and become attached to it, the solution may become your next problem.

interests / soc.culture.china / [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

SubjectAuthor
* [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's electionltlee1
`* Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's electionstoney
 `* Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's electionltlee1
  `* Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's electionstoney
   `- Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's electionltlee1

1
[Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

<242d6787-6de1-4eea-9823-35cdc401e96dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9416&group=soc.culture.china#9416

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 05:22:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 16 May 2022 12:22 UTC

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/australia/australia-election-xi-jinping-china-relations-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

"Brisbane, Australia (CNN)The faces of Australian election candidates are plastered on campaign posters across the country -- but there's one face that stands out, and it belongs to Xi Jinping.
The Chinese leader, though not a participant in any modern democracy, has become a familiar presence in a campaign dogged by allegations of foreign interference and partly fought on issues of national security.
Xi's face is not only on billboards, his name has come up in press conferences, interviews, and election debates between Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who leads a Liberal-National coalition, and the Labor Party leader who wants to replace him, Anthony Albanese."

High profile electoral politicking will open the door for foreign input to influence voters.

The ad reads "CCP says vote Labor."

What if some reporter ask Xi or other Chinese official on CCP's preference and the reasons behind its preference?

Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

<b395f127-2769-48b1-8d4a-f2238efbfe83n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9422&group=soc.culture.china#9422

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 10:38:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Mon, 16 May 2022 17:38 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 8:22:54 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/australia/australia-election-xi-jinping-china-relations-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
>
> "Brisbane, Australia (CNN)The faces of Australian election candidates are plastered on campaign posters across the country -- but there's one face that stands out, and it belongs to Xi Jinping.
> The Chinese leader, though not a participant in any modern democracy, has become a familiar presence in a campaign dogged by allegations of foreign interference and partly fought on issues of national security.
> Xi's face is not only on billboards, his name has come up in press conferences, interviews, and election debates between Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who leads a Liberal-National coalition, and the Labor Party leader who wants to replace him, Anthony Albanese."
>
> High profile electoral politicking will open the door for foreign input to influence voters.
>
> The ad reads "CCP says vote Labor."
>
> What if some reporter ask Xi or other Chinese official on CCP's preference and the reasons behind its preference?

It is illegal of the Australia's labor party to use a picture of president Xi as their poster boy on their election placard. They should remove them as such display of state leader.

Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

<f6e4aee6-ea1f-4c18-8977-343b8f2fd007n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9498&group=soc.culture.china#9498

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sun, 22 May 2022 02:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sun, 22 May 2022 09:50 UTC

On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:38:06 PM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 8:22:54 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/australia/australia-election-xi-jinping-china-relations-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
> >
> > "Brisbane, Australia (CNN)The faces of Australian election candidates are plastered on campaign posters across the country -- but there's one face that stands out, and it belongs to Xi Jinping.
> > The Chinese leader, though not a participant in any modern democracy, has become a familiar presence in a campaign dogged by allegations of foreign interference and partly fought on issues of national security.
> > Xi's face is not only on billboards, his name has come up in press conferences, interviews, and election debates between Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who leads a Liberal-National coalition, and the Labor Party leader who wants to replace him, Anthony Albanese."
> >
> > High profile electoral politicking will open the door for foreign input to influence voters.
> >
> > The ad reads "CCP says vote Labor."
> >
> > What if some reporter ask Xi or other Chinese official on CCP's preference and the reasons behind its preference?
> It is illegal of the Australia's labor party to use a picture of president Xi as their poster boy on their election placard. They should remove them as such display of state leader.

Don't really know which organization had sponsored the Ad with the picture of
Xi voting Labor. Anyway, Labor won.

Xi 1, Anti- Xi 0.

But be patient. Innovative, free thinking Australian journalist/writer would explain
why the Labor Party because of Xi based on iron/gold/god/dog-clad evidence.

Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

<2ee1e14c-a588-49d6-ad1d-0a9930db28e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9756&group=soc.culture.china#9756

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: papajoe...@yahoo.com (stoney)
 by: stoney - Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:46 UTC

On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 5:50:18 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 1:38:06 PM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> > On Monday, May 16, 2022 at 8:22:54 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:
> > > https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/australia/australia-election-xi-jinping-china-relations-intl-hnk-dst/index.html
> > >
> > > "Brisbane, Australia (CNN)The faces of Australian election candidates are plastered on campaign posters across the country -- but there's one face that stands out, and it belongs to Xi Jinping.
> > > The Chinese leader, though not a participant in any modern democracy, has become a familiar presence in a campaign dogged by allegations of foreign interference and partly fought on issues of national security.
> > > Xi's face is not only on billboards, his name has come up in press conferences, interviews, and election debates between Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who leads a Liberal-National coalition, and the Labor Party leader who wants to replace him, Anthony Albanese."
> > >
> > > High profile electoral politicking will open the door for foreign input to influence voters.
> > >
> > > The ad reads "CCP says vote Labor."
> > >
> > > What if some reporter ask Xi or other Chinese official on CCP's preference and the reasons behind its preference?
> > It is illegal of the Australia's labor party to use a picture of president Xi as their poster boy on their election placard. They should remove them as such display of state leader.
> Don't really know which organization had sponsored the Ad with the picture of
> Xi voting Labor. Anyway, Labor won.
>
> Xi 1, Anti- Xi 0.
>
> But be patient. Innovative, free thinking Australian journalist/writer would explain
> why the Labor Party because of Xi based on iron/gold/god/dog-clad evidence.

That asshole big mouth Morrison is gone for good.

Re: [Dumb and Dumber] Xi Jinping looms large over Australia's election

<d422035f-5ae1-4655-8c9c-12a14f34df26n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9772&group=soc.culture.china#9772

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 07:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Sat, 18 Jun 2022 14:01 UTC

On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 12:46:51 PM UTC-4, stoney wrote:
> On Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 5:50:18 PM UTC+8, ltlee1 wrote:

> > > It is illegal of the Australia's labor party to use a picture of president Xi as their poster boy on their election placard. They should remove them as such display of state leader.
> > Don't really know which organization had sponsored the Ad with the picture of
> > Xi voting Labor. Anyway, Labor won.
> >
> > Xi 1, Anti- Xi 0.
> >
> > But be patient. Innovative, free thinking Australian journalist/writer would explain
> > why the Labor Party because of Xi based on iron/gold/god/dog-clad evidence.

> That asshole big mouth Morrison is gone for good.

Big mouth is part and parcel of democratic politics.
In the absence of democratic culture, political parties, the one in power together
with the one in shadow, are basically for-profit duopoly. Political leaders,
of course, will also say and do the darnedest thing for their own benefit.