Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 04:06:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Replacement theory: From mildly paranoid to evil 123
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Wed, 18 May 2022 11:06 UTC

Following the Buffalo Massacre, replacement theory has overnight became the meme of the day and the source of great evils traced to a certain French author.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/replacement-theory-prominent-mainstream-us-politics/story?id=84747073
How 'replacement theory' became prominent in mainstream US politics"

The 18-year-old suspect who allegedly shot and killed 10 people at a supermarket on Saturday in the heart of a Black community in Buffalo appears to have been motivated by a racist, far-right conspiracy theory that has increasingly found footing in mainstream U.S. politics.

Before traveling more than three hours from Conklin, New York, to the Tops Friendly Market to attack Black people, the alleged gunman, Payton S. Gendron, is believed to have posted a 180-page document on the internet fixated on the notion of "replacement theory," according to authorities.

Re: Replacement theory: From mildly paranoid to evil 123

<785c1876-ce6f-42e1-8e97-30d351cb4784n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9477&group=soc.culture.china#9477

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 11:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Thu, 19 May 2022 18:31 UTC

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 7:06:17 AM UTC-4, ltlee1 wrote:
> Following the Buffalo Massacre, replacement theory has overnight became the meme of the day and the source of great evils traced to a certain French author.
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/US/replacement-theory-prominent-mainstream-us-politics/story?id=84747073
> How 'replacement theory' became prominent in mainstream US politics"
>
> The 18-year-old suspect who allegedly shot and killed 10 people at a supermarket on Saturday in the heart of a Black community in Buffalo appears to have been motivated by a racist, far-right conspiracy theory that has increasingly found footing in mainstream U.S. politics.
>
> Before traveling more than three hours from Conklin, New York, to the Tops Friendly Market to attack Black people, the alleged gunman, Payton S. Gendron, is believed to have posted a 180-page document on the internet fixated on the notion of "replacement theory," according to authorities.

Replacement is ubiquitous in nature as well in the man made world.
Evolution is the ongoing process during which species more adapted to every niche is
replacing other less adapted species. In every capitalist society, better products and
services are replacing other products and services.

1. Mildly paranoid
In the US, many white people are unhappy because the society is under stress. And they
worry about being replaced by racial minorities and immigrants. This kind of mentality is
at most could be described as mildly paranoid. Of course, a responsible government would
try to alleviate their concerns by improving their lives. In this sense, awareness of possible
replacement could be a good thing. For a nation as well as a company after it has encountered
setback.

2. Conspiracy theory
Absence of adequate trust and/or governmental response, replacement theory would easily
become a conspiracy. That is, the government and/or some nefarious force are trying to have
some people replaced because of their religious, political views and etc. People who fall prey to
the conspiracy theory of course open themself up to other conspiracy. Trust toward the government
would continue to drop.

3. Tragic action
If race is involved in replacement theory, systemic discrimination would remove moral inhibition
for some extremists to take violent action.