The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. -- Mark Twain

interests / soc.culture.china / UA

SubjectAuthor
* UAOleg Smirnov
+* Re: UAltlee1
|`* Re: UAOleg Smirnov
| `* Re: UAltlee1
|  `* Re: UAOleg Smirnov
|   `- Re: UAltlee1
+* Re: UAByker
|`* Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]A. Filip
| +- Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]Byker
| `- Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]Byker
+* UAOleg Smirnov
|`- Re: UAByker
`- UAOleg Smirnov

1
UA

<t0o4sj$m5s$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8588&group=soc.culture.china#8588

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian
Subject: UA
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 22:21:46 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 19:21 UTC

The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that
are currently under the Russian occupation. They show life of regular
locals there. Also you can get some info from the comments. I looked
at the videos history of every of these Youtube accounts to be sure
they aren't somehow linked with an activism or propaganda of any kind.
From the propaganda, activism sources, one can get very crazy claims
in the current situation. Passions are hot.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azcILvCCh0>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FshvuUWiA>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEa9EeHFJL0>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_YiM_cT6I>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPfzZ2l0B0>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_pMaRFYd0>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRuRIpW465c>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdQ_dbEzoo>
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6d0FLRsRGM>

From various accounts, it looks like things happen so that as soon as
the Russian troops approach a city or a settlement, they invite local
authorities for a talk, where they tell them they aren't going to
interfere into the local administration, but they ask them for a
coordination with the Russian military command.

If there's no Kiev military units (or some militias seeking for fight)
there, then the Russian military set some checkpoints near the
settlement and continue to move further. The military often even don't
enter inside such settlements. If there are some militants willing to
fight, then the settlement becomes encircled and the command decides
whether to fight them or to set it in a siege, while moving the major
troops further.

So far, it apparently fits to the Kremlin's declarations stating that
the troops are sent after the radical nationalist militant formations,
not after the Ukrainians/Ukraine as such.

In large enough cities/towns the military set checkpoints within urban
areas, and the Russian soldiers don't prevent local pro-Kiev activists
from protesting, as long as their protest is peaceful. One can easily
find many videos showing such protesters. Some angry folks are brave
enough to stand next to the armed sodiers and curse/insult them boldly.
The soldiers do not touch such folks. Kiev propaganda seeks to promote
such videos under "Ukrainians don't give up" slogan. Although it does
not look like a big percentage of the residents is taking part in such
protest activities.

Given that the invasion disrupted certain supply chains, the military
brings "humanitarian aid" to the locals <https://youtu.be/pw8YsxVuTKA>
One can find videos showing a queue of locals for the aid and as well
there also may be activists there cursing their fellow countrymen for
the fact that they're willing to take this aid. There are some videos
where Russian soldiers prevent such angry activists from attacking the
people standing in the queue.

There were reports that the Russian military switch off Kiev's TV
channels in the occupied areas and instead switch on Russian TV there.
However, the Russian military do not seem to seek to destroy internet
and mobile communications. That's why the people in the occupied areas
can upload their videos etc.

For example, description of this video <https://youtu.be/-gtOjgnJVzs>
claims this man is the city mayor of Kherson being interviewed for the
America's CNN. Kherson is quite a big city under Russian occupation,
and it had been taken with some fights. The mayor tells in the video
that there should be no doubt the city remains Ukrainian and his
administration tries its best to maintain normal life for the people,
even despite some destructions occurred during the sturm of the city.

The tactics of the Kiev's military is so that they typically avoid to
meet the Russian troops in an open field but rather take up defensive
positions within important cities and towns. So, if there's a combat,
it's often accompanied with some destructions of urban infrastructure
and collateral casualties among civilians. That's the most dire part.
"Humanitarian corridors" to evacuate civilians are organized, but not
everyone can or wants to evacuate. Also, Kiev military often prevent
the civilians from evacuation to Russian-held areas. Zelensky has
issued death threats to anyone who would contact with the Russians.

Presently, the most fierce fighting is going on near and within the
city of Mariupol. It's a strategically important city of the Ukraine's
south-east. Numerous Kiev troops have entrenched within the city, and
it's known that a large part of them are hardcore neo-Nazi units. This
is why the fights are especially fierce there. Besides Mariupol, there
are several other places where combats are or were hot, which led to
urban destructions and collateral casualties.

* * *

The prerequisites that led to this dire situation were as follows.

Since autumn 2021, many expected that Kiev troops will likely try to
attack Donbas soon. What did give reasons for such expectations? The
Kiev's obvious unwillingness to implement the Minsk-2 agreement.

In the international scene, there were repeated claims that "Minsk-2
agreement is the only way". Russian top officials said so, the Kiev
top officials said so, and the Atlanticist top officials said so. But
within the Kiev regime, there was a clear attitude "we aren't going to
implement it", and some functionaries spoke it out openly.

Besides, for about eight years since the 2014 coup, the Atlanticist
powers supplied Kiev with modern weapons, their military instructors
trained the regime's military. The Kiev troops became much stronger
against what was in 2014/15, when the fights in Donbas were hot. So it
contributed to the expectations that one day Kiev will certainly try
to attack the Donbas militias with its much strengthened and renoved
army.

The Kremlin's order to concentrate Russian troops near the Ukraine's
border was seen by many, including myself, as a warning sign intended
to turn Kiev away from the temptation to attack Donbas. In turn, the
Atlanticist mainstream media started their vocal campaign "Russia is
going to invade Ukraine", and, under this vocalism, the Westerners
significantly intensified their supply of weapons to Kiev. In addition,
Kiev functionaries intensified rhetorics about joining NATO, and the
Atlanticist official rhetorics also were promising about it. Zelensky
ordered military registration of women and recruitment of male
reservists. Troops near Donbas and in other areas were put on higher
readiness. In February, at the Munich Conference, Zelensky said he
now considers the Ukraine's non-nuclear status "in doubt", which was
understood as a hint that the regime might try to make nukes. It's in
no way unrealistic, given that since the Soviet time, there are many
engineers in the Ukraine who were familiar with the Soviet techniques.

The prospect to have a 40-million neighboring nation which is heavily
militarized, which mainstream propaganda heavily indoctrinates,
"zombifies" regular people with hateful anti-Russian ideologies, which
government is going to produce nuclear weapons, would be of course
dangerous and highly undesirable from the Russian perspective.

In addition to that, the Kremlins did not get a meaningful answer to
their "security guarantees" proposals addressed to the US and NATO,
and, under American pressure, Germany did put Nord Stream 2 on hold
indefinitely, which likely contributed to the Kremlin feelings "there
is nothing to lose anyway".

Did the Kremlin have a beforehand plan to invade the Ukraine? Doubts.
Was it well-calculated? It might be that the decision was made on the
basis of the very recent developments. I can't know for sure and it's
difficult to analyze it right now. One may notice, what I've written
above it not really an analysis but rather a set of related facts.

* * *

Bonus link: about the Ukraine history <https://tinyurl.com/yh33mena>

* * *

For China - and other Asian powers, - this situation is mostly
beneficial. It weakens Europe and the whole West. Some European big
factories have already been stopped because the Ukraine-related
developments disrupted their supplies. It weakens Russia, of course.
China emerges relatively more strong against all this mess.

Re: UA

<b6cc6282-6414-4743-9f84-2e6165bef724n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8590&group=soc.culture.china#8590

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 13:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: UA
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:14 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7:26:14 PM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that
> are currently under the Russian occupation. They show life of regular
> locals there. Also you can get some info from the comments. I looked
> at the videos history of every of these Youtube accounts to be sure
> they aren't somehow linked with an activism or propaganda of any kind.
> From the propaganda, activism sources, one can get very crazy claims
> in the current situation. Passions are hot.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azcILvCCh0>

No time stamp and geographic marker. Not helpful.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: UA

<t0o90l$fnu$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8591&group=soc.culture.china#8591

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 23:36:00 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 20:36 UTC

ltlee1, <news:b6cc6282-6414-4743-9f84-2e6165bef724n@googlegroups.com>
> On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7:26:14 PM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:

>> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that
>> are currently under the Russian occupation. They show life of regular
>> locals there. Also you can get some info from the comments. I looked
>> at the videos history of every of these Youtube accounts to be sure
>> they aren't somehow linked with an activism or propaganda of any kind.
>> From the propaganda, activism sources, one can get very crazy claims
>> in the current situation. Passions are hot.
>>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azcILvCCh0>
>
> No time stamp and geographic marker. Not helpful.

Date is there, and location is clear from both the content and context.

>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FshvuUWiA>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEa9EeHFJL0>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_YiM_cT6I>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPfzZ2l0B0>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_pMaRFYd0>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRuRIpW465c>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdQ_dbEzoo>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6d0FLRsRGM>

Re: UA

<cf3fc1d8-3600-4f51-bc0e-a80c44a0b80dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8597&group=soc.culture.china#8597

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 16:26:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Mon, 14 Mar 2022 23:26 UTC

On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 8:36:41 PM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> ltlee1, <news:b6cc6282-6414-4743...@googlegroups.com>
> > On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7:26:14 PM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
>
> >> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that
> >> are currently under the Russian occupation. They show life of regular
> >> locals there. Also you can get some info from the comments. I looked
> >> at the videos history of every of these Youtube accounts to be sure
> >> they aren't somehow linked with an activism or propaganda of any kind.
> >> From the propaganda, activism sources, one can get very crazy claims
> >> in the current situation. Passions are hot.
> >>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0azcILvCCh0>
> >
> > No time stamp and geographic marker. Not helpful.
> Date is there, and location is clear from both the content and context.

Did someone read or mention a current edition report verbatim?
Cannot tell whether the supposedly Ukrainian city is one with Russian majority or one with Ukrainian majority.
Anyway, video could be readily faked during this era of post-truth.

> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FshvuUWiA>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEa9EeHFJL0>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_YiM_cT6I>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPfzZ2l0B0>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_pMaRFYd0>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRuRIpW465c>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvdQ_dbEzoo>
> >> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6d0FLRsRGM>

Re: UA

<t0oliv$osa$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8599&group=soc.culture.china#8599

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 03:08:36 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 00:08 UTC

ltlee1, <news:cf3fc1d8-3600-4f51-bc0e-a80c44a0b80dn@googlegroups.com>

>>> No time stamp and geographic marker. Not helpful.
>>
>> Date is there, and location is clear from both the content and context.
>
> Did someone read or mention a current edition report verbatim?
> Cannot tell whether the supposedly Ukrainian city is one with Russian
> majority or one with Ukrainian majority.
> Anyway, video could be readily faked during this era of post-truth.

One might say so with regard to a detached video without any context.
For a Youtube account, one can trace what kind of videos the author issued
before. One can read the comments section (one can use machine translation).
One can locate the place on the map and learn more about it. It requires
some curiosity and some effort, of course.

Re: UA

<1838417e-e01f-4812-855f-909899b1ababn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8602&group=soc.culture.china#8602

Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 04:15:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: ltl...@hotmail.com (ltlee1)
 by: ltlee1 - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 11:15 UTC

On Tuesday, March 15, 2022 at 12:11:13 AM UTC, Oleg Smirnov wrote:
> ltlee1, <news:cf3fc1d8-3600-4f51...@googlegroups.com>

> >> Date is there, and location is clear from both the content and context.
> >
> > Did someone read or mention a current edition report verbatim?
> > Cannot tell whether the supposedly Ukrainian city is one with Russian
> > majority or one with Ukrainian majority.
> > Anyway, video could be readily faked during this era of post-truth.
> One might say so with regard to a detached video without any context.
> For a Youtube account, one can trace what kind of videos the author issued
> before. One can read the comments section (one can use machine translation).
> One can locate the place on the map and learn more about it. It requires
> some curiosity and some effort, of course.

1. Cannot tell whether the person who posts the video today is the same person
who posted video clips yesterday.
2. Assuming the same poster, past neutrality is no guarantee of future neutrality.

Re: UA

<KeKdnVsNEo2Tvqz_nZ2dnUU7-cHNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8608&group=soc.culture.china#8608

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.ukraine,uk.politics.misc,alt.war
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:36:45 -0500
 by: Byker - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 23:36 UTC

"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:t0o4sj$m5s$1@os.motzarella.org...

> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that are
> currently under the Russian occupation.

Here are a few more:

Another one bites the dust:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-62Mzb7M0o

Ah, fireworks!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwIiSk8hqg

So your tanks are NLAW-proof, eh?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFUwa10gXlo

I hear partisans have developed their own fuel-air explosive. All they need
is:

1) Acetylene

2) Oxygen

3) Plastic trash bags

I can imagine what will happen when hungry Russkies break into a house or
trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZywwUt8RH0&t=231s

Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]

<anfi+omfkp88bwf-m3f2@wp.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8609&group=soc.culture.china#8609

From: anf...@wp.eu (A. Filip)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.ukraine,uk.politics.misc
Subject: Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 23:44:59 +0000 (UTC)
sha1:fXjlCyfMloL7GXdxY5IYt+yNBcU=
 by: A. Filip - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 23:44 UTC

"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
> "Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:t0o4sj$m5s$1@os.motzarella.org...
>>
>> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that are
>> currently under the Russian occupation.
>
> Here are a few more:
>
> Another one bites the dust:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-62Mzb7M0o
>
> Ah, fireworks!:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwIiSk8hqg
>
> So your tanks are NLAW-proof, eh?:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFUwa10gXlo
>
> I hear partisans have developed their own fuel-air explosive. All they need
> is:
>
> 1) Acetylene
>
> 2) Oxygen
>
> 3) Plastic trash bags
>
> I can imagine what will happen when hungry Russkies break into a house or
> trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZywwUt8RH0&t=231s

Do you give anti-terrorist squads even more prosecution hints?

Welcome to the world of unintended consequences.

--
A. Filip : Big (Tech) Brother is watching you.
| "Plastic gun. Ingenious. More coffee, please."
| (The Phantom comics)

Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]

<X7CdncxbPc8G1qz_nZ2dnUU7-QfNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8610&group=soc.culture.china#8610

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.ukraine,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.org.fbi
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 21:29:46 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 02:29 UTC

"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+omfkp88bwf-m3f2@wp.eu...

> Do you give anti-terrorist squads even more prosecution hints?

The FBI has been watching me for the last 53 years, ever since I first
protested the Vietnam War in 1970, a week after the killings at Kent State.

The last time they showed up at my door was in 2017 after some asshole
thought that one of my politically-incorrect posts constituted a "threat." I
flat-out told the two agents that the First Amendment is there for a purpose
and I WILL exercise it. They just told me to be more "careful" next time.

If G-men come yet again and they show me their badges and laminated ID
cards, I'll just say, "Well, what is it THIS time?"

Oh, and BTW: Note the new addition in the newsgroup line...

Re: UA [Ukraine way to One Russia]

<gbednQ1OtPFV7Kz_nZ2dnUU7-YPNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8611&group=soc.culture.china#8611

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.ukraine,uk.politics.misc
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 00:12:38 -0500
 by: Byker - Wed, 16 Mar 2022 05:12 UTC

"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+omfkp88bwf-m3f2@wp.eu...

> Do you give anti-terrorist squads even more prosecution hints?

Here's a bigger bang: https://tinyurl.com/8d6m9w4f

UA

<t0vq1o$qkn$1@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8638&group=soc.culture.china#8638

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 20:05:59 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Thu, 17 Mar 2022 17:05 UTC

> The prerequisites that led to this dire situation were as follows.

About radical ideologies in the Ukraine <https://bit.ly/3q5yHav>

Re: UA

<udqdnVhM_JtOb6n_nZ2dnUU7-TvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8661&group=soc.culture.china#8661

From: byk...@do~rag.net (Byker)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.politics.misc,alt.history,soc.culture.ukraine
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 16:00:02 -0500
 by: Byker - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:00 UTC

"Oleg Smirnov" wrote in message news:t0vq1o$qkn$1@os.motzarella.org...

> About radical ideologies in the Ukraine <https://bit.ly/3q5yHav>

Pot-kettle-black

It seems Putin wants to revive the Holy Roman Empire...
Putin's motive? The radical ideology of a holy Russian nation

Historians Beatrice de Graaf and Niels Drost interpret Putin's references to
the past

What exactly drives Putin to invade Ukraine and what else can we expect from
him in this war? For many Europeans, Putin's motives are difficult to grasp:
it is often said that what he is doing is "not rational". Historian and
radicalization expert Prof Beatrice de Graaf emphasizes that Putin's actions
do have logic within his own world view: "Putin is fighting for a holy
Russian nation and is acting consistently and intrinsically logically in
this." Under her guidance, alumnus Niels Drost wrote a master's thesis on
Putin's strategic use of history and his increasingly radical ideology of a
Greater Russian Empire. Drost has been working as a junior researcher at the
Clingendael Institute since 15 February, where he published his findings.

Many analyses have recently pointed to Putin's propagandistic references to
the Second World War and the Soviet era. De Graaf and Drost see a crucial
source for his radical ideology even further back in the past: in the
Russian empire of the nineteenth century, in which all Slavic peoples were
incorporated and in which there was no separation between church and state.
Putin's use of the double eagle symbol also refers to this: it traditionally
symbolized how church and world converged in one body, in one ruler, De
Graaf explained in a podcast on Dutch radio (EO, 26 February). "Putin's
ideological goal is to reunite the Slavic peoples into the holy Russian
nation, of which he sees himself as the embodiment and Kyiv as the cradle."

Drost's thesis research shows that Putin has always used references to
Russian history in his rhetoric, but that his ideas have become increasingly
radicalized. Drost analyzed over 500 speeches by Putin from the entire
period of his presidency (2000-2008 and 2012-present). This shows that Putin
initially used history in a positive way to seek rapprochement with Europe
and to emphasize shared values. He referred, for example, to Tsar Peter the
Great (1672-1725), who believed in the Enlightenment and who opened the
windows to Europe for the Russians. During his first two terms as president,
Putin also emphasized the connection between the Russian and Ukrainian
people based on a shared religious (Orthodox-Christian) history.

Since 2012, Putin has increasingly used references to the Russian empire -
accurate or not - to legitimize his own power, and his pro-European stance
eroded.

Radicalization

But when Putin came back to power in 2012, and especially from the
annexation of Crimea in 2014, he became increasingly insistent that
Ukrainians and Russians are one people and that Crimea has always belonged
to Russia (in fact, the area was not annexed by Russia for the first time
until 1783). Putin increasingly used - accurate or not - references to the
former Russian empire to legitimize his own power, and his pro-European
stance became less and less. He also started quoting other czars, such as
the absolutist Catherine the Great (1729-1796) who drastically expanded the
Russian empire by occupying Crimea and the Caucasus, and Alexander II
(1818-1881) who annexed Poland and Ukraine and implemented 'Russification'
by suppressing minority languages, for example.

Rational irrationality

De Graaf describes Putin's ideology of a sacred Russian nation as an example
of 'rational irrationality', a term she borrows from the American economist
Bryan Caplan. "What Putin does is for him a logical, rational consequence of
a worldview that is rather mythical, and based on beliefs rather than
facts," De Graaf told RTL News.

https://www.uu.nl/en/news/putins-motive-the-radical-ideology-of-a-holy-russian-nation

UA

<t8bmv9$7ih$2@os.motzarella.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9731&group=soc.culture.china#9731

From: os3...@netc.eu (Oleg Smirnov)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:24:08 +0300
 by: Oleg Smirnov - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 04:24 UTC

> The videos below are from the Ukraine's cities/towns/settlements that
> are currently under the Russian occupation. They show life of regular
> locals there. Also you can get some info from the comments.

More recent amateur local videos

<https://youtu.be/CnRl3A3dm6s>
<https://youtu.be/qxckPobDXqA>
<https://youtu.be/-UJ2krkveRQ>