From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: a proper book :)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:54:42 +0100
 by: slider - Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:54 UTC

"I have made it my life's work to see the world the way it actually is, to
learn whatever it is the universe had to teach me about itself, not what I
believed I should be taught about it. Through the process of being torn
completely down, spiritually broken and emotionally laid bare over and
over again, through having my most sincere spiritual idealities toyed with
and annihilated in the most bizarre, twisted fashion, my world view was
stripped down to nothing. I was left with the task of rebuilding, not only
my life, but who I understand myself to be, from scratch."

--From: 'Imagination and our world of Make-Believe'. By Vincent Sargenti

### - sounds about right doesn't it heh... methinks vinny's nailed it
there! ;)

i.e., by dint of being 'born' into wallyworld, and knowing nothing else to
the contrary, it thus takes a ferocious struggle for someone/anyone to
break-away from their moorings enough to begin to become aware of some of
the things existing 'outside' of wallyworld and the cheap & cruddy 'image'
of life, the universe & everything wallyworld thus typically makes/paints
(and installs) of it all by default via it's strictly reductionist-type
view...

vinny's book therefore being 'one' description of a successful escape from
its clutches (only one because there's as many examples as there are
people albeit some of them are typically grouped into almost
traditional-looking paths...)

vinny's particular path being absolutely typical of many making the same
journey: of someone first having to lose everything in order to discover a
completely different approach/way when that 'old' way fails altogether and
one thus begins (or is forced, rather) to see everything via newly opened
eyes... (the christians would say he'd been 'born again', for example ;)

one can thus accordingly only conclude, that, in writing it all from the
pov of hindsight, vinny obviously made it all the way to higher ground,
shall we say?

that he, for one, 'survived' the horrendous process of being stripped to
the bone and laid bare, a process integral to him then finding/discovering
himself anew...

nice story, smile, quite warm, very human... ;)

his story being/standing testament mainly to the fact that it CAN be done!
and is thus: Valid!

or, as in many instances these days: 'needs' to be done double-quick-time
or we're all goin' down the fuckin' drain haha ;)

(slider cracks the whip: MUSH! you lazy fuckin' mofo's! MUSH! MUSH!!!
hehe...)

Re: a proper book :)

<9p8rdglmsuhni56g0720p56oafmlmcebdd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=996&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#996

From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: Re: a proper book :)
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 19:15:49 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 11:15 UTC

On Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:54:42 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

>"I have made it my life's work to see the world the way it actually is, to
>learn whatever it is the universe had to teach me about itself, not what I
>believed I should be taught about it. Through the process of being torn
>completely down, spiritually broken and emotionally laid bare over and
>over again, through having my most sincere spiritual idealities toyed with
>and annihilated in the most bizarre, twisted fashion, my world view was
>stripped down to nothing. I was left with the task of rebuilding, not only
>my life, but who I understand myself to be, from scratch."
>
>--From: 'Imagination and our world of Make-Believe'. By Vincent Sargenti
>
>### - sounds about right doesn't it heh... methinks vinny's nailed it
>there! ;)
>
>i.e., by dint of being 'born' into wallyworld, and knowing nothing else to
>the contrary, it thus takes a ferocious struggle for someone/anyone to
>break-away from their moorings enough to begin to become aware of some of
>the things existing 'outside' of wallyworld and the cheap & cruddy 'image'
>of life, the universe & everything wallyworld thus typically makes/paints
>(and installs) of it all by default via it's strictly reductionist-type
>view...
>
>vinny's book therefore being 'one' description of a successful escape from
>its clutches (only one because there's as many examples as there are
>people albeit some of them are typically grouped into almost
>traditional-looking paths...)
>
>vinny's particular path being absolutely typical of many making the same
>journey: of someone first having to lose everything in order to discover a
>completely different approach/way when that 'old' way fails altogether and
>one thus begins (or is forced, rather) to see everything via newly opened
>eyes... (the christians would say he'd been 'born again', for example ;)
>
>one can thus accordingly only conclude, that, in writing it all from the
>pov of hindsight, vinny obviously made it all the way to higher ground,
>shall we say?
>
>that he, for one, 'survived' the horrendous process of being stripped to
>the bone and laid bare, a process integral to him then finding/discovering
>himself anew...
>
>nice story, smile, quite warm, very human... ;)
>
>his story being/standing testament mainly to the fact that it CAN be done!
>and is thus: Valid!
>
>or, as in many instances these days: 'needs' to be done double-quick-time
>or we're all goin' down the fuckin' drain haha ;)
>
>(slider cracks the whip: MUSH! you lazy fuckin' mofo's! MUSH! MUSH!!!
>hehe...)

I think I'd trust someone with a recent Ph.D treatise on quantum
mechanics and astrophysics thanks. No need to "tear yourself down and
rebuilld yourself".

Re: a proper book :)

<op.05us2sb47eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=998&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#998

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 14:29:06 +0100
 by: slider - Thu, 1 Jul 2021 13:29 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 12:15:49 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> shall we say?
>>
>> that he, for one, 'survived' the horrendous process of being stripped to
>> the bone and laid bare, a process integral to him then
>> finding/discovering
>> himself anew...
>>
>> nice story, smile, quite warm, very human... ;)
>>
>> his story being/standing testament mainly to the fact that it CAN be
>> done!
>> and is thus: Valid!
>>
>> or, as in many instances these days: 'needs' to be done
>> double-quick-time
>> or we're all goin' down the fuckin' drain haha ;)
>>
>> (slider cracks the whip: MUSH! you lazy fuckin' mofo's! MUSH! MUSH!!!
>> hehe...)
>
> I think I'd trust someone with a recent Ph.D treatise on quantum
> mechanics and astrophysics thanks. No need to "tear yourself down and

### - smile, fyi: that's actually the standard/traditional route for the
vast majority when it comes to reaching 'enlightenment' :)

that only when the life one was living previously (i.e., one's previous
whole world view) collapses entirely, does something that was being kept
hidden in the background all that time get a chance to come forward...

one's 'grip' on that previous world view being sooo ultimately tenacious
and fixed that, subjectively, the experience of altering it is perforce
devastating as, for a little while at least, and until one puts the new
view together, one is seemingly without any view whatsoever and thus one
experiences the so called 'dark night of the soul' in which one seems to
have nada at all except one's life-force ;)

e.g...

"The Soul comes to the end of its long journey and, naked and alone, draws
near to the divine light."

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/377809856209817868/

The Ascent into the Empyrean, by Hieonymus Bosch (1450-1516).

Re: a proper book :)

<77rsdg5k5gbhcvpcv22rlpb0on4usgj39o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1010&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1010

From: liberti...@south.south.com (o'Mahoney)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 09:41:31 +0800
 by: o'Mahoney - Fri, 2 Jul 2021 01:41 UTC

On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 14:29:06 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> the bone and laid bare, a process integral to him then
>>> finding/discovering
>>> himself anew...
>>>
>>> nice story, smile, quite warm, very human... ;)
>>>
>>> his story being/standing testament mainly to the fact that it CAN be
>>> done!
>>> and is thus: Valid!
>>>
>>> or, as in many instances these days: 'needs' to be done
>>> double-quick-time
>>> or we're all goin' down the fuckin' drain haha ;)
>>>
>>> (slider cracks the whip: MUSH! you lazy fuckin' mofo's! MUSH! MUSH!!!
>>> hehe...)
>>
>> I think I'd trust someone with a recent Ph.D treatise on quantum
>> mechanics and astrophysics thanks. No need to "tear yourself down and
>> rebuilld yourself".
>
>### - smile, fyi: that's actually the standard/traditional route for the
>vast majority when it comes to reaching 'enlightenment' :)

I don't know so much that the "standard/traditional" route for the
masses is to listen attentively to an intellect who is eminently
qualified to discuss the nature of reality at quantum scale and at
astrophysical scale.

Most of the droobs wouldn't know nature(reality) if it hit them in the
arse :)

>that only when the life one was living previously (i.e., one's previous
>whole world view) collapses entirely, does something that was being kept
>hidden in the background all that time get a chance to come forward...

So, Einstein, Bohr, Feynmann, Hawking etc needed to have their lives
"collapsed entirely" in order to make the massive world-changing
discoveries which led to the techologies we all enjoy today and the
understanding of reality and nature (one and the same actually) some
of us who are priveliged to have reasonable IQ's enjoy today?

Must have been a fucking early "collapse" for these giants seeing as
most of these discoveries were made in their early 20's!

Lol

>one's 'grip' on that previous world view being sooo ultimately tenacious
>and fixed that, subjectively, the experience of altering it is perforce
>devastating as, for a little while at least, and until one puts the new
>view together, one is seemingly without any view whatsoever and thus one
>experiences the so called 'dark night of the soul' in which one seems to
>have nada at all except one's life-force ;)

Yadayadayada. The problem with people like you who deny science and
want to trip out of all the difficulties which merely living and
surviving in reality brings is that your lulu "worldviews" are just
personal figments, hallucinations, soap bubbles in the wind.

Fuck the dark night of the soul. Those who have the luxury of
contemplating such rubbish need to spend a few nights amongst the
beggars of Calcutta or the slums of Rio or the refugees camps of Syria
and so on. No time there and then for such imaginings. Just the
perpetual hard-scrabble for survival.

Jaysus.

>e.g...
>
>"The Soul comes to the end of its long journey and, naked and alone, draws
>near to the divine light."
>
>https://www.pinterest.com/pin/377809856209817868/
>
>The Ascent into the Empyrean, by Hieonymus Bosch (1450-1516).

Bosch was a painter and a sick guy by the looks of his canvasses.
Needed help. Little help in the dark ages though, just short
lifespans full of misery and sickness and ignorance.

Re: a proper book :)

<op.05vzl9dr7eafsp@slider>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1011&group=alt.dreams.castaneda#1011

From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 05:47:59 +0100
 by: slider - Fri, 2 Jul 2021 04:47 UTC

On Fri, 02 Jul 2021 02:41:31 +0100, o'Mahoney <libertidad@south.south.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 14:29:06 +0100, slider <slider@anashram.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 01 Jul 2021 12:15:49 +0100, o'Mahoney
>> <libertidad@south.south.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I think I'd trust someone with a recent Ph.D treatise on quantum
>>> mechanics and astrophysics thanks. No need to "tear yourself down and
>>> rebuilld yourself".
>>
>> ### - smile, fyi: that's actually the standard/traditional route for the
>> vast majority when it comes to reaching 'enlightenment' :)
>
> I don't know so much that the "standard/traditional" route for the
> masses is to listen attentively to an intellect who is eminently
> qualified to discuss the nature of reality at quantum scale and at
> astrophysical scale.
>
> Most of the droobs wouldn't know nature(reality) if it hit them in the
> arse :)

### - it 'should' be for the masses only it's not... very few actually
reaching the 'enlightened' state under discussion... the vast majority
instead going for reason, even though most of them don't quite make it and
end up being neither fish nor fowl... (i.e., these are then yer' typical
sheeps)

>> that only when the life one was living previously (i.e., one's previous
>> whole world view) collapses entirely, does something that was being kept
>> hidden in the background all that time get a chance to come forward...
>
> So, Einstein, Bohr, Feynmann, Hawking etc needed to have their lives
> "collapsed entirely" in order to make the massive world-changing
> discoveries which led to the techologies we all enjoy today and the
> understanding of reality and nature (one and the same actually) some
> of us who are priveliged to have reasonable IQ's enjoy today?
>
> Must have been a fucking early "collapse" for these giants seeing as
> most of these discoveries were made in their early 20's!
>
> Lol

### - 'rational' geniuses are something else; they're the epitome of
reason per se, the pioneers and front-runners of it...

'irrational' geniuses more usually being artists of one kind or another;
writers, poets, philosophers, painters & sculptors for example...

there can also be an element of overlapping between the two; Oppenheimer,
for example, liked poetry and other religious texts such as the bhagavad
gita... one of his friends (can't remember which) saying to him at one
point: why do you bother with all that poetry nonsense, we're scientists
for christsakes! and i can't remember his reply either, but it was
definitely along the lines of 'oh fuck-off you rational moron!" and/or
very elegant words to that effect lol :)))

>> one's 'grip' on that previous world view being sooo ultimately tenacious
>> and fixed that, subjectively, the experience of altering it is perforce
>> devastating as, for a little while at least, and until one puts the new
>> view together, one is seemingly without any view whatsoever and thus one
>> experiences the so called 'dark night of the soul' in which one seems to
>> have nada at all except one's life-force ;)
>
> Yadayadayada. The problem with people like you who deny science and
> want to trip out of all the difficulties which merely living and
> surviving in reality brings is that your lulu "worldviews" are just
> personal figments, hallucinations, soap bubbles in the wind.

### - am not 'denying' science, not at all, science has a definite place
in the grand scheme of things... rationalism, however, isn't ALL that
exists in the universe, there's another complete side to our nature, one
that remains relatively unexplored, i.e., 'inner space'

> Fuck the dark night of the soul. Those who have the luxury of
> contemplating such rubbish need to spend a few nights amongst the
> beggars of Calcutta or the slums of Rio or the refugees camps of Syria
> and so on. No time there and then for such imaginings. Just the
> perpetual hard-scrabble for survival.
>
> Jaysus.

### - but buddha himself spent 60 years living as a beggar on the streets
of india; no one could have been more grounded than that!? he being yet
another example of that self same process, in that he started out as a
prince with absolutely everything only to then forsake all that to go live
as a beggar on the streets of india for 60 years! (can ya just imagine
what that must have been like 2600 years ago?? jaysus for real lol)

'the dark night of the soul' thus poetically refers/alludes to an
intermediate stage; the point at which the caterpillar actually turns into
a butterfly and hatches out, it's no longer a caterpillar but isn't a
fully fledged butterfly either! - it's formless - a very dark moment in
the life of any man who encounters it, usually one of ultimate despair &
hopelessness!

Click here to read the complete article